Return to LWS2 - Many Achievements (Runaround, Vinewrath, Hidden Depths) Not Giving Credit

After completing retrospective runaround, killing the boss and opening the chest, I did not receive credit for the new Reconquer the Retrospective Runaround (Weekly) achievement. Other players in my instance also did not receive credit.

Note - I do see 9 stacks of Milestone on my status bar, and I did get through all the checkpoints since I could open the chest.

Update: This seems to be most new achievements for the event. Can confirm Vinewrath, Hidden depths, and Crash Site also did not give credit.

Edited by Perplexity.5693
Updated with more info
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

• Perplexity.5693 changed the title to Return to LWS2 - Many Achievements (Runaround, Vinewrath, Hidden Depths) Not Giving Credit

Confirmed. Both JPs do not give credit. In Silverwastes the meta and the Hidden Depths one = no credit. With 8 out of 10 required and 4 bugged ... not possible to complete the meta achievement. (I have not tried to replay story yet. But I guess that one will work. Dailies + the "weekly" on achievements + the chests ... confirmed to be working. As well as talking to Ogden.)

The upside: Once fixed it will be just rushing the 2 JPs quickly to go from 6/8 to 8/8 and the meta + hidden depths one also is done pretty fast since people also are using the map to farm. Seems faster than the S1 replay week achievements some time ago.

Edited by Luthan.5236

1 hour ago, Etaoin.4362 said:

Full list of broken achievements for Return to Season 2 for me:

-Revenge of the Vinewrath

-Reconquer the Hidden Depths

-Reconquer the Crash Site Climb

-Reconquer the Retrospective Runaround

and "Reconquer the Hidden Depths"
tried to open with existing keys, and collect 25 fragments then transforming them into a key, nothing. Fun times

• ArenaNet Staff

We're  aware of some issues in the LWS2 event that just started, and our team is working on a fix.  The following achievements are impacted, and we will provide an update once the issues are resolved:

• Reconquer the Crash Site Climb (Weekly)
  • Reconquer the Hidden Depths (Weekly)
  • Reconquer the Retrospective Runaround (Weekly)
  • Revenge of the Vinewrath (Weekly)
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 2

Hello

I wonder how difficult it must be to reach rank 6 on Dry Top.

Lots of people, every event done.
Last one was done too (the beetle collecting one) but had a timer of 50 secs (for ppl to give him their beetlestuff) until complete but the sandstorm came in 26 sec.

There was an eventless time of like 2-3 minutes where we all waited for something to pop up somewhere.
What the...?

(Also half the achievements for the bonus event weekly seem to be bugged... the jps don't count, the Silverwastes meta didn't count either)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Spectral Spiral.6109 said:

We're  aware of some issues in the LWS2 event that just started, and our team is working on a fix.  The following achievements are impacted, and we will provide an update once the issues are resolved:

• Reconquer the Crash Site Climb (Weekly)
  • Reconquer the Hidden Depths (Weekly)
  • Reconquer the Retrospective Runaround (Weekly)
  • Revenge of the Vinewrath (Weekly)

While you're at it, there is a minor typo in the "Reliving the Season 2" achievement. It incorrectly refers to Season 1 in the objectives text.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, duskpoo.1824 said:

Wish it would have been a free unlock like it was last time the "return to" event was released.  Instead those of us left behind feel like a lump of cow poop.  Thanks a lot anet.  

To be fair, this is different than the 'Return to" achievements that eventually result in the Aurene-themed legendary amulet - the "event" you're talking about was a permanent edition to the game in the form of an update, whereas this event is simply a bonus event (like a fractal or dungeon rush), and only lasts a week

In addition, 7/8 of the achievements don't require purchase of Living World Season 2 - The Silverwastes and Dry Top, and all associated content, activities, and meta-events, are free to all players without any purchase necessary whatsoever. The only thing you'd miss out on from this event if you didn't own LWS2 is the achievement for doing 4 of the missions, which rewards you with.... 2 sips of liquid karma. I hardly think missing out on two karma sips consitutes "feeling like poop". Let's be honest with ourselves, shall we?

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Just now, LichOverlord.6329 said:

To be fair, this is different than the 'Return to" achievements that eventually result in the Aurene-themed legendary amulet - the "event" you're talking about was a permanent edition to the game in the form of an update, whereas this event is simply a bonus event (like a fractal or dungeon rush), and only lasts a week

In addition, 7/8 of the achievements don't require purchase of Living World Season 2 - The Silverwastes and Dry Top, and all associated content, activities, and meta-events, are free to all players without any purchase necessary whatsoever. The only thing you'd miss out on from this event if you didn't own LWS2 is the achievement for doing 4 of the missions, which rewards you with.... 2 sips of liquid karma. I hardly think missing out on two karma sips consitutes "feeling like poop". Let's be honest with ourselves, shall we?

It's not the achievements, it's the only season I don't have.  10 years in this game, purchased everything else, not to mentioned tons of stuff from the gem store, but punished for not logging on during the correct time to get this season for free.  Pardon me for being busy pushing out a baby and missing out on what everyone else was offered.  Enough time has gone by, release the season for us already.

• Confused 9

It's not the achievements, it's the only season I don't have.  10 years in this game, purchased everything else, not to mentioned tons of stuff from the gem store, but punished for not logging on during the correct time to get this season for free. 

I mean you can still get it for free, just convert some gold to gems and get the season.

• Like 7

Just now, duskpoo.1824 said:

That's not free and you know it

How is it not? It sounds like you play the game a fair amount, heck just look at gw2effiency, you most likely have a bunch of mats just sitting in storage you could sell and have enough to get it.

• Like 6

It's not the achievements, it's the only season I don't have.  10 years in this game, purchased everything else, not to mentioned tons of stuff from the gem store, but punished for not logging on during the correct time to get this season for free.  Pardon me for being busy pushing out a baby and missing out on what everyone else was offered.  Enough time has gone by, release the season for us already.

I'm sorry that you were unable to receive the product for free, truly - as a woman myself, I admire mothers tremendously, and have no doubt that entering motherhood kept you busy (and then some!)

However, I don't think it's fair to expect Arenanet to just give a season away for free during a bonus event, especially since there's not really a precedent for it - especially since it would make Living World Season 2 the only season (Outside of Season 1, which is just free in general) to be given out in such a way

Now, if they want to start doing this for all seasons and periodically give them out for free.... then that's a different story. But I think just doing it for one season is quite odd.

Why not take advantage of their spring sales, and see if you can get it at a steep discount? I believe those are still ongoing!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1