What have you done Anet

After being away for some time and returning to see that nearly everyone has Condi of some sort WHY?, I understand why mesmers and alike have condi but hey now everone has it. I heard a term called condi wars and it feels like that. I know when I left that assasins/ thiefs were not happy but know they are gods of the game WHY, You have seemed to look at the game and decided on how to really screw it up and do it.

Rangers, mesmers and magic types should be like glass cannons so if you catch can be killed by a swipe of a sword but they are as strong as a guardian its madness.

Characters running at the speed of light catching me while on a warclaw and then jumping half the map again WHY?

You decided not to have a dedicated healer at the start of GW2 but managed to completley mess the game up. How can a thief/ assasin keep hiding perminantly? then give them ports and then allow them to jump walls etc madness and to top it off allow them a rifle and while hiden can shoot you for 15k.

Its like a comedy did you fill a room of people and say just tell us what you want and we will do it.

Turn the clocks back make condi for magic users only, thiefs normal as they used to be, or give a far better anti condi because currently the ones we have at the moment are very poor and do not really work.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

Poison is a real thing. It's not magic. Why have only magic users get conditions? It's always some ridiculous kitten like that garnishing another post crying about thieves. 

I don't know about you but when I'm not given anti condi, I build for it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, apoko.5246 said:

After being away for some time and returning to see that nearly everyone has Condi of some sort WHY?, I understand why mesmers and alike have condi but hey now everone has it. I heard a term called condi wars and it feels like that. I know when I left that assasins/ thiefs were not happy but know they are gods of the game WHY, You have seemed to look at the game and decided on how to really screw it up and do it.

Rangers, mesmers and magic types should be like glass cannons so if you catch can be killed by a swipe of a sword but they are as strong as a guardian its madness.

Characters running at the speed of light catching me while on a warclaw and then jumping half the map again WHY?

You decided not to have a dedicated healer at the start of GW2 but managed to completley mess the game up. How can a thief/ assasin keep hiding perminantly? then give them ports and then allow them to jump walls etc madness and to top it off allow them a rifle and while hiden can shoot you for 15k.

Its like a comedy did you fill a room of people and say just tell us what you want and we will do it.

Turn the clocks back make condi for magic users only, thiefs normal as they used to be, or give a far better anti condi because currently the ones we have at the moment are very poor and do not really work.

Interesting take. Not sure I would agree. From what viewpoint and scale is this from if we might ask to get a better feel on what you ran into?

Hasn't every class had access to condi since the start of GW2? The lone exception maybe being warrior, but with the addition of HoT even that changed. I've solo roamed since the early days of GW2 and almost every build I had revolved around condi. Yes some builds are extremely overtuned towards condi now (Harb being one such example) but otherwise condi being available to every class/spec isn't exactly something new.

The problem with thieves is that they don't have real cool downs on weapon skills. If they did they would have to actually play the class rather than spam the attacks and then disappear for untold amounts of time. They truly need to get rid of the portal they gave them or disable it in WvW. With their counter-proof stealth(yes you truly can't counter it due to ANET giving them traits to overcome things like tracker traps and other player skills. No one should be able to stealth once in combat. Also they truly need cool downs on weapons. I'm tired of the glitch-like movements we see all the time in WvW. You try to engage them and their half way across the map in less than 3 seconds. Also, on keeps, no one should be able to stealth while RI is active after a capture. So many things have been broken by stealth - most of it by thieves.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Heibi.4251 said:

The problem with thieves is that they don't have real cool downs on weapon skills. If they did they would have to actually play the class rather than spam the attacks and then disappear for untold amounts of time. They truly need to get rid of the portal they gave them or disable it in WvW. With their counter-proof stealth(yes you truly can't counter it due to ANET giving them traits to overcome things like tracker traps and other player skills. No one should be able to stealth once in combat. Also they truly need cool downs on weapons. I'm tired of the glitch-like movements we see all the time in WvW. You try to engage them and their half way across the map in less than 3 seconds. Also, on keeps, no one should be able to stealth while RI is active after a capture. So many things have been broken by stealth - most of it by thieves.

Agree that portal is stupid and should be changed at least.

Stealth is countered by even just cleaving with auto. It might be annoying to have a target be dropped and I'm not the only thief who has given suggestions to make it easier for the opponent to keep hold of and keep up with the target (I don't like that stop and go play either), but those get ignored in favor of rage screeching delete profession posts instead, so I'll just leave you to it. 

Initiative system is great. Don't dumb the game down or go play a dumb game that's a better fit for you. Initiative also makes it easy for Anet to quickly nerf a skill by pricing it out. Sucks for me but great for you so quit crying. 

• Like 3

First, I'll join in on the "why does everyone have condi" critique. As a warrior main, I hate that sword - the weapon of heroes and stories - is a fricking bleed weapon. I disagree putting condi or DoT damage on anything but magic and rogue classes.

Second, about the thief grief. I think it's because the best mode of gameplay for thieves is competitive, so they allow them some privileges. It's not like they're exactly kings of pve, so they let them have fun in the other game modes. And they only gave thief rifle because they collectively asked for the weapon. Warrior was already the sniper with their rifle, but anet wanted to listen to the players.

My personal grief nowadays with thief is macros. Like, why even play competitive if you need help lol

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

First, I'll join in on the "why does everyone have condi" critique. As a warrior main, I hate that sword - the weapon of heroes and stories - is a fricking bleed weapon. I disagree putting condi or DoT damage on anything but magic and rogue classes.

it's been a bleed (and deep wound) weapon since literally the beginning of gw1 tho

what do you think a sword slash does lol

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

t's been a bleed (and deep wound) weapon since literally the beginning of gw1 tho

what do you think a sword slash does lol

Boo. I don't care if it was based on a real knight in the medieval age that bled out his opponents. Making the SWORD a DoT damage weapon is a  crime against your ancestors.

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

Second, about the thief grief. I think it's because the best mode of gameplay for thieves is competitive, so they allow them some privileges. It's not like they're exactly kings of pve, so they let them have fun in the other game modes. And they only gave thief rifle because they collectively asked for the weapon. Warrior was already the sniper with their rifle, but anet wanted to listen to the players.

My personal grief nowadays with thief is macros. Like, why even play competitive if you need help lol

Warrior had some pretty good conditions at the beginning of this game. Rifle at one time was a bleed tossing machine that pierced, at least mine was. Had some goods times in eotm with all it's choke points I used to lay down some hurt wearing my little berserker exotic armor. All that stuff got nerfed or removed along with our stab and speed. The might makeover was kind of devastating for me though. Had a hard time recovering from from that one it took 3 good builds away from me... it seems that always happens every time I get a good build. Now my ranger is being affected again with it's pet's skills. 

If conditions can go through armor so easy hitting someone wearing cloth or leather in the head with a hammer or shish kabobbing them with a sword should also scale at the same rate with longer duration.

On 4/11/2024 at 3:31 PM, apoko.5246 said:

Everyone and there mom is cele cause game to hard and dieing affects  them mentally and physically 

6 hours ago, Mike.3196 said:

Everyone and there mom is cele cause game to hard and dieing affects  them mentally and physically 

I don't think so, I believe just like in any other game players just try to accrue the best equipment they can. If we got to grind, might as well grind for something that'll do us some good.

On 4/12/2024 at 1:11 AM, kash.9213 said:

Poison is a real thing. It's not magic. Why have only magic users get conditions? It's always some ridiculous kitten like that garnishing another post crying about thieves. 

I don't know about you but when I'm not given anti condi, I build for it. 

Eh well venom isn't exactly the same as poison, but it is a real thing just like poison... but venom is included in the gift of magic. It's really kind of hard to talk about real and magic in the context of a fantasy game.

Not to say I agree with the op, I don't, but you're trying to argue something being real in a fantasy game. I mean, thieves have stealth you say? Well, considering the fact that they can disappear while standing right in front of you without any shadow in the near vicinity makes it invisibility in my book and not stealth. So...magic.

Again, I don't agree with the op but your reasoning about real vs magic, considering GW2's nomenclature, is not a great argument to use.

2 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Eh well venom isn't exactly the same as poison, but it is a real thing just like poison... but venom is included in the gift of magic. It's really kind of hard to talk about real and magic in the context of a fantasy game.

Not to say I agree with the op, I don't, but you're trying to argue something being real in a fantasy game. I mean, thieves have stealth you say? Well, considering the fact that they can disappear while standing right in front of you without any shadow in the near vicinity makes it invisibility in my book and not stealth. So...magic.

Again, I don't agree with the op but your reasoning about real vs magic, considering GW2's nomenclature, is not a great argument to use.

Save it. You can drop all that on their post. 

Honestly I feel like the OP shot at the target and somehow hit his foot.
Condi is a problem in GW2 but imo not because X is OP or condition builds are stronger than power (they objectively aren't), the biggest problem I have with condi is how much is loaded onto skills for no reason. Many fights you suddenly get 5 to 6 conditions on you just for being in the fight. They're not damaging but when 1 of them is immobilise you're basically dead unless you're a class that can largely ignore or specifically cleans immb at will. Unless you have a super strong cleanse skill.

But hey, who cares, at this point I think ANet is actively trying to sink this ship given the state of WvW.

• Thanks 1