Next-Level Fashion Wars: Cosmetic Inspect Coming to Guild Wars 2 April 16!

Just now, LoboRaptorLo.2603 said:

What I am saying is what stops me for doing it to you.
What can be done one way can easily be done the other way... Doesn't it sounds better to just have that extra reserves?

What hurts you so much to not allowing that extra option. Tell me. I'm all ears.
WE have told you exactly what hurts us, so the ball is in your camp now.

I dont mind the extra option, i just feel you are making an mountain out of an anthill if people wanna copy my characters...why care? its a game, with limited options. i cannot comprehend the issue tbh, (might be my autism) but seriously, as i mentioned before, th epoint of development is to have the newer people have it easier. 99.9 percent of people do not care about fashion contests. they just wanna look cool for themselves. if I as a fashion warrior can help them by having a look, then by all means, copy to your hearts content.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 6

7 minutes ago, LoboRaptorLo.2603 said:

It really shows how much respect towards other players you actually have, which is bar none.
Fair the models are not mine. But you should still recognize players who actually put time into this.

Otherwise prepare for a future where we all look the same... *insert spidey pointing meme here* because this is going to be the future that is coming.

I have more respect towards players with the environment being as hostile as is.
Playing a dress up literally just isn't an achievement outside of the fact some people cannot obtain and/or purchase certain cosmetics. I'm here to make myself feel good about how I look, not flaunt it for clout or what have you.
My last sentence is literally why people looking samey won't happen by the way. You wouldn't copy someone's look just because it looks good, you'd do it because you want to try this outfit on yourself and adjust it from there to your personal liking. Feeling confident in yourself is only going to make you play better anyway. So why gatekeep it?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, LoboRaptorLo.2603 said:

Exactly, the Inspect Feature is completely going to mitigate this...
In fact, I'm going to suggest another solution:
To make Inspect a "Request" function, the player can agree or decline to let people inspect them.

It's more chore for the players, but in the end, it does add a level of safeguard.

Ah yes, cause it completely mitigates it on WoW and FFXIV, which have a FAR bigger fashion community.

Oh wait, no it does not.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

I dont mind the extra option, i just feel you are making an mountain out of an anthill if people wanna copy my characters...why care? its a game, with limited options. i cannot comprehend the issue tbh, (might be my autism) but seriously, as i mentioned before, th epoint of development is to have the newer people have it easier. 99.9 percent of people do not care about fashion contests. they just wanna look cool for themselves. if I as a fashion warrior can help them by having a look, then by all means, copy to your hearts content.

You want me to tell you why I make it a mountain? I can tell you, but you probably won't like it.

It's the experiences, of this community not being as friendly or open-minded to even allow a simple compromise.
Who shut everyone else as valid concerns as yours, like it doesn't actually matters.
That's the reason why I am angsty about it.
Yes I admit I'm passionate about this case, as I'm rather heavily invested into it.
Proving me again and again that my voice doesn't matter. This is what I came to understand the Guild Wars 2 Community to have been. For 9 long years.
No kindness, no understanding.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Tom.8029 said:

Looking at your conditions (medical history) is a HIPAA violation. Lol

In all seriousness, getting to disable the accounts of (mostly) nurses who violated HIPAA by pulling up medical charts they weren't supposed to was always an interesting day at my work. It happened way more often than I expected, especially since it wasn't like my hospital was treating A-list celebrities. 

But now I'm gonna think about it every time I play Auramancer tempest 😂

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, LoboRaptorLo.2603 said:

The fact that people are unable to see that most of us who wants an option to opt out is because we prefer the safety even if it would mean adding a responability on top, and that we are more than willing to have to do the extra work and extra steps... it is mind blowing. (Edit)

The SAFETY? Because apparently there's ACTUAL DANGER to someone using an inspect option because they like your transmog? What in the world are you saying?

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 7

1 minute ago, Nemain.5073 said:

Can you elaborate what about the wish to this being opt-in is "toxic"? 

I'm pretty sure it's not the mere desire for an opt-in that was being referred to as toxic there. It's the small handful of people (on both sides) resorting to insults as a way to defend their case.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Amantiel.3542 said:

The SAFETY? Because apparently there's ACTUAL DANGER to someone using an inspect option because they like your transmog? What in the world are you saying?

You wouldn't believe how fast some people melt if they feel their sense of entitlement is being challenged. For them it actually IS about safety. Somehow they have associated the secrets of their fashion to the worth that it has to them.

It's not even about people copying their look. It can't be ... people can already do that and it's unlikely they would encounter person sporting the 'stolen' fashion anyways. SOMEHOW ... it's simply offensive to them that people can look at their choices. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

Just now, Deathblade.4856 said:

do they have dyes tho ?

FFXIV has dyes, and they are about to get dual dyes for pieces. WoW simply has set pieces that are the exact same in appearance in multiple different shades.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Just now, RoseofGilead.8907 said:

WoW doesn't have dyes, but I'm not really sure how that matters. It makes it even easier to fully copy a look in WoW, since there are no dyes.

Yeah. thats what makes gw2 more unique to express creativity

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, LoboRaptorLo.2603 said:

You want me to tell you why I make it a mountain? I can tell you, but you probably won't like it.

It's the experiences, of this community not being as friendly or open-minded to even allow a simple compromise.
Who shut everyone else as valid concerns as yours, like it doesn't actually matters.
That's the reason why I am angsty about it.
Yes I admit I'm passionate about this case, as I'm rather heavily invested into it.
Proving me again and again that my voice doesn't matter. This is what I came to understand the Guild Wars 2 Community to have been. For 9 long years.
No kindness, no understanding.

I am really trying to understand here. a simple compromise is fine, but calling peopel leeches and liking it to thefts and art stealing is kinda... wrong? if that made sense?
And yeah i agree the community aint as friendly as people tend to believe. but we are part of it ourselves, having said that, shouldnt we share the knowledge we have and not make it harder for people to get started?

I get being passionate about how you amke your character, and i always admired everyones fashion. but most people (me included) are not comfy talking to random strangers about topics like that. (due to the nasty community lashes some of us experienced) would it be fair to exclude those people? while i can somewhat understand you like your looks and wanting to be unique. but we hold the power to make the community a TAD better. and we do so by sharing what we know.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

"Oh nooess some charr copied my 3tier cultural armor piece and rest of elegy armor set with radian pink dyes on them u.u ill report him/her for copying my fashion" really people we goin to make this world burn if we goona throw tauntrims over something like that 

• Like 9
  • Confused 8

4 minutes ago, RoseofGilead.8907 said:

I'm pretty sure it's not the mere desire for an opt-in that was being referred to as toxic there. It's the small handful of people (on both sides) resorting to insults as a way to defend their case.

I'm pretty sure he means everyone would have the option to opt in/out. The same for everyone.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Rongaron.9213 said:

"Oh nooess some charr copied my 3tier cultural armor piece and rest of elegy armor set with radian pink dyes on them u.u ill report him/her for copying my fashion" really people we goin to make this world burn if we goona throw tauntrims over something like that 

Yeah although nobody will want to copy those lol

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

I'm pretty sure he means everyone would have the option to opt in/out. The same for everyone.

That's not what I was talking about, though. The question was why an opt-in option would be toxic, and I replied with how the toxicity is in the insults being thrown around, not in the suggestion itself.

Edited by RoseofGilead.8907
  • Like 3

Just now, Amantiel.3542 said:

Which would kill the very reason the entire inspect system is being made.

If you feel that way, you kinda confirm his point. If he doesn't want to share, why be forced to?

It would still be a useful system for players that want to share.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 4