Is there a way to change my weapons after the boost to lvl 80 after buying the game?

Hi guys

Started to playing 2 days ago and decide to buy the complete pack and it boost me to lvl 80 

I've no idea what is going on and it probably gonna take few days to understand what to do from here and how the game really works

One thing I've noticed is that the boost gave me yellow clothes and weapons which i guss it means unique items

But it gave me weapons that I dont want - Is there a way to get the quniue weapons I do want to use?

Would love to get some tips from you guys how to start playing

• Confused 1

Start a new character and do not boost. Boosting is the single worst possible thing you can do - it skips all the tutorials and learning you need and sends you straight into confusion and harder content. The boost is great for second characters or trying out something, but for your first character, it causes many issues and we see it on these forums constantly.

You can acquire wepaons and stat combinations from a variety of content, so nothing yoiu get from the boost will be anything you will keep for long. But you will learn all this as you play normally 1-80. Try not to be in a rush is the best advice I can give after 12 years

Good luck and welcome to the game.

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

The weapons it gave you are exotics, they're the 2nd best tier in the game, but widely available.

If you don't care about the rarity the quickest and cheapest way to get another weapon to try out is to find an NPC Weaponsmith. There's one (called Wolfborn) right next to the level 80 boost NPC in Silverwastes, and they're in every town. They only sell basic weapons, but it's enough to try out the skills and see if you like using it.

The quickest way to get ones with better stats is to buy them from the Trading Post (note: the 3rd tab - the one which looks like this, not the gem store which only sells skins, and is much more expensive). There are many other places to get them, including as drops from enemies and buying them from NPC vendors for map currencies, but if you want something immediately the Trading Post is probably your best bet.

As a very quick guide you should look for weapons with a level requirement of level 80, but they don't need to be exotic. There are 6 tiers of equipment in this game:

• Common (white)
  • Fine (blue)
  • Masterwork (green)
  • Rare (yellow)
  • Exotic (orange)
  • Ascended / Legendary (pink / purple)

The stats do get better as you go up the tiers,  but for now it won't make a huge difference if you use a lower tier. It's important to know that item stats in this game are fairly simple: all items with the same level requirement and rarity are equally good, and also important to know skins are valuable to a lot of players so they can make a huge difference in item price. Do not feel like you need to spend as much as you can afford to get something "better", it's probably not any better.

For example the Crystalline Blade is a level 80 exotic sword which costs 35-41 silver on the Trading Post. The Stygian Blade is a level 80 exotic sword which costs 167 - 340 gold. These items are identical. The only difference is the skin (and personally I think the Crystalline Blade looks better soo, but the Stygian Blade is new).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Qnytex.4876 said:

Hi guys

Started to playing 2 days ago and decide to buy the complete pack and it boost me to lvl 80 

I've no idea what is going on and it probably gonna take few days to understand what to do from here and how the game really works

One thing I've noticed is that the boost gave me yellow clothes and weapons which i guss it means unique items

But it gave me weapons that I dont want - Is there a way to get the quniue weapons I do want to use?

Would love to get some tips from you guys how to start playing

Thanks 🙂

Just check the trading post for exotic level 80 weapons with the stats you want.  Some stats aren't available for purchase or cost a lot, but there should be some viable options you can use on the cheap.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Welcome to Tyria.

Here are some resources you may find helpful:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/new-player-guide

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Extended_Online_Manual

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/September_2014_Feature_Pack#New_Player_Experience

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hero_panel

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Character_Adventure_Guide

The Wiki is a great resource for all things Guild Wars 2 and is kept up-to-date (mostly).

The Extended Online Manual may be somewhat out-of-date (I've not checked it recently).

Good luck.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You don't need to make a new character just yet, but I would recommend taking your boosted toon through the level 1-80 content. Then you'll have a much better idea what's going on and how the game works. The benefit to using a boosted toon is that you won't waste your transmutation charge if you want to change your gear's appearance, and you can focus on mechanics before worrying about gear stats. However, since you're not changing gear all the time from getting rewards and drops better than what you have, you'll probably want to make a point of trying out various weapons. 

In addition to other ways mentioned to get gear, after you go through some beginning content and feel more confident:

if you dabble a little in World v World you can use an easy-to-get wvw currency to buy any gear you need in the orange/exotic rarity from a WvW vendor. 

WvW maps: TEID-07 Unified Vendor System - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) 

Lion's Arch: Lionguard (Merchant) - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) 

Play in Verdant Brink and collect airship parts, then you can get stat select armor. The boxes look like yellow/rare gear, but it's really orange/exotic. 

The long/expensive way is crafting. If crafting is fun for you or if you decide to go for legendary gear, then start that at some point when you have some gold and materials. You can find crafting information on the wiki or 3rd party sites

Here are some more gear guides/beginning guides you might find useful. You don't need to look at them all, just browse and find the info you want. 
Gearing guide for PvE Guide - Hardstuck 

Getting Started Guides - Snow Crows

How to Gear a Character in GW2 - MetaBattle 

User:Tanetris/So You Want To Gear a Character - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) 

you can also search youtube or the internet in general. 

bonus guides:
Map completion - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) 

Gw2Skills.Net 

Edited by willow.8209
  • Like 1