[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

14 minutes ago, KawsMeCal.5923 said:

Oh and once again please disable the awful blue starting gears from dropping for characters above a certain level or if they have stuff equipped that's better it's annoying helping out or going through the starter areas and getting my bag full of this junk I have to delete.

Only if it's an option that specifically is opt-in. I like getting stuff, even if it's only good for salvaging.

2 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Only if it's an option that specifically is opt-in. I like getting stuff, even if it's only good for salvaging.

You can't salvage it... It's good for literally nothing after you have gear higher than the selection you can get. Only helpful for putting on keyrunners and the change I suggested would not affect them at all. Based on https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Beginner_Experience_Collection the items were meant to only drop on level 10 and under characters, yet they drop all the time on every 80 I have now, so this could even be considered a bug.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, KawsMeCal.5923 said:

You can't salvage it... It's good for literally nothing after you have gear higher than the selection you can get. Only helpful for putting on keyrunners and the change I suggested would not affect them at all. Based on https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Beginner_Experience_Collection the items were meant to only drop on level 10 and under characters, yet they drop all the time on every 80 I have now, so this could even be considered a bug.

You cant get that stuff anymore its retired.

first line in your link

Beginner Experience Collection was a Tutorial achievement.

• Confused 1

Please let us hide personal story from the dynamic HUD. There's no way I'm going to do the story on 30+ characters or hide all the objectives, which means I'm permanently stuck with the green text on the top right taking up space, telling me to go do the story. Alternatively, allow us to quit personal story, which would also hide the green text from the dynamic HUD.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

You cant get that stuff anymore its retired.

first line in your link

Beginner Experience Collection was a Tutorial achievement.

You can 100% get the Enhanced Mighty HelmEnhanced Mighty ChestpieceEnhanced Mighty GlovesEnhanced Mighty Leggings, and Enhanced Mighty Boots idk what you're on about. Did you not read what I said?

The ACHIEVEMENT is the thing that was removed... Not the ITEMS...

Edited by KawsMeCal.5923
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

Please let us hide personal story from the dynamic HUD. There's no way I'm going to do the story on 30+ characters or hide all the objectives, which means I'm permanently stuck with the green text on the top right taking up space, telling me to go do the story. Alternatively, allow us to quit personal story, which would also hide the green text from the dynamic HUD.

You mean like Options -> General Options -> Content Guide -> Disable Personal Story? Then just click on the story mission thing and it should just be mostly gone. IDK if the OCD is so bad that the quest title is a pain but it blocks the most of it.

Edited by KawsMeCal.5923
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1. Once we complete an ... Fisher achievement, please display an unfinished Avid ...Fisher achiev window with the next fishing session in the same collection, so we can see which fish are still missing and can adjust bait/rimes when clicking on a fish! Instead of manually having to check it every time from achiv menu - even if I have it in watched achivements, clicking of a fish is a no-brainer and so much easier.

2. Pls make it possible to save favourite color schemes. I have my fav ones but I like to change them often too. Some look good only on mounts, some look good only on some armor sets. Would be great addition to fav dyes bar.

3. those.drakes.are.eating.all.the.fish. Please, please, for the love of gods! make that poor guy yell it less or something else! instead of every.single.time I pass by his fishing spot. I think I've heard him like a hundred times by now and I don't feel like doing this event every single time. By now I wish the fish ate all the drakes and him!

4.  Maybe for the future, making traders spawned temporarily not die with a yell of anguish when they time expires? I get the humor ? of that but nonetheless it's a tad too creepy, at least outside of Halloween festival. 😜

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, KawsMeCal.5923 said:

You can 100% get the Enhanced Mighty HelmEnhanced Mighty ChestpieceEnhanced Mighty GlovesEnhanced Mighty Leggings, and Enhanced Mighty Boots idk what you're on about. Did you not read what I said?

The ACHIEVEMENT is the thing that was removed... Not the ITEMS...

Cant say that they droped for me again (let alone excessivly) after the first time before the ACHIEVEMENT was removed.

And I do 5 characters each week 1 on each account 1-10 for the weekly key.

I mean there were people grinding like mad to get a second box to drop since they deleted the first without equiping the item for the ACHIEVEMENT.

So your case seem to be a anomaly to say the least.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

Cant say that they droped for me again (let alone excessivly) after the first time before the ACHIEVEMENT was removed.

And I do 5 characters each week 1 on each account 1-10 for the weekly key.

I mean there were people grinding like mad to get a second box to drop since they deleted the first without equiping the item for the ACHIEVEMENT.

So your case seem to be a anomaly to say the least.

How much magic find do you have? If I go through a starting area or do something like map completion on a character at 80 oof I have stacks of each. No matter what I do if I pass by a starting area I always end up with at least one. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, KawsMeCal.5923 said:

How much magic find do you have? If I go through a starting area or do something like map completion on a character at 80 oof I have stacks of each. No matter what I do if I pass by a starting area I always end up with at least one. 

like 324% on main and bettwen 50-150 on the other 4.

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

like 324% on main and bettwen 50-150 on the other 4.

I'm now 292 on the account it happens on so either at 300 it stops/drops off for people or you got some weird luck. Even on my alt at less than 200 I get at least a full set before I get done with the weekly run, which is great. The drop SHOULD be high on low levels and NOT EXIST above at least 20 maybe even lower.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Denise.8145 said:

Plz make Infenite gathering tools legendary, so every charackter has access to them. it is extremly annoying to switch them through the bank or a shared inventory slot every time one whants to play a different charackter.

You could always buy a set of tools for each character if its that much of a hassle.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Color selection for facial hair and more facial hair options, for humans, norn, and sylvari.

Curly/wavy hair options in a variety of lengths, especially for the guys.

Earrings? Freckles and other skin patterns?

Fixing the human male bun+earrings hairstyle so the natural blondes aren't all highlighter yellow.

Edited by walkingstick.7319
thought of more related stuff, did not want to double post
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Denise.8145 said:

Plz make Infenite gathering tools legendary, so every charackter has access to them. it is extremly annoying to switch them through the bank or a shared inventory slot every time one whants to play a different charackter.

I have a set of watchknight tools you get for karma in slots for everyone with the infinites in the shared slots you can just click equip them all so they swap places it makes it super easy barely an inconvenience. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hi A-Net,

I have an idea, which is also a request.

Is it possible that you could add an option in Outfits tab, in which we could choose to wear outfits in towns and cities only, such as Divinity's Reach, The Black Citadel, etc...?

You could also do that for Armour pieces, such as Displaying Head and Shoulders Gear when out of cities, only.

Options:

Display Outfit:

- Everywhere

- None (Don't display)

- In Cities and Home Instances

- Out and About

Armour pieces could be selected individualy with a pop up menu by right clicking them and have the same options as Outfits. 

Thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/2/2023 at 1:37 AM, BlueJin.4127 said:

If Anet can address the following bright flashing lights in the game, it would be appreciated. It may not seem like much to most players, but for players with medical conditions or eye fatigue, these cause strong discomfort, pain, and other issues.

Soulbeast Ranger: Every time the character mounts (the character will exit soulbeast mode), there's a bright yellow flashing light. This is more of a problem when the camera is zoomed in.

Pharus legendary bow: Every time the player starts attacking (when the bow is drawn), there's a bright flashing pillar of light.

Holosmith Engineer: Many of their skills cause bright flashing lights.

Vistas in maps: Every time the player views a vista, the entire screen flashes white.

Reducing the brightness of these effects, making the effects gradual instant of instant, or letting players adjust visibility of their own effects are some ways these can be addressed.

Yes, pls Anet, some people (me, I'm some people) :3 have sensitive eyesight and reducing those random glowing/flashing effects, or making an option in menu that reduces/removes them would be a huge QoL change in a long term!

• Like 4

Please remove the Twisted Earth buff from the Awakened (from the Awakened Invasions throughout core). This buff gives the Awakened powerful buffs when they're attacked by ranged attacks. This means that if you have other players (or NPC allies) around who don't know this mechanic, it's actually detrimental to have these players around. It's basically a grief mechanic in contents where you have no control over who to play with in open world contents. The game should not discourage having other players around.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Make the celebration boost (and other unique buffs) not tick down in town. It's frustrating beyond comprehension.

Make Elementalists summoned elementals a permanent summon, like necro minions. The way it is now, with heavy encouragement to mount, the summons disappear and the cd begins. This is simply unfun to use.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/13/2023 at 10:43 AM, chrisgerald.3791 said:

Hi dear devs, i have some request. I didn't read all the suggestions so prob some of them had been requested before.

-Lock chars
Add an option to lock characters (up to 3) in char selection screen.

-Dynamic character selection background
Switch the background when you select a char in selection screen. If i select a char in tyria/HoT/PoF/EoD it will display a core tyria/HoT/PoF/EoD background.

-Legendary aquatic helmet
Add 3 (light/medium/heavy) legendary aquatic helmet 

-Legendary infusions
Add legendary infusions (mostly cosmetics) acc bound through mystic forge unlocked by achievement collection in fotm.

-Legendary gathering tools
Add legendary gathering tools acc bount through mystic forge.

-Contract permanent makeover
Add a permanent makeover kit to BL chest.

-Bigger minimap
Add an option to increase the size of minimap for 2k or higher resolution screens.

-Transmute trinkets
Let transmute trinkets appearance

-Remove novelty
Remove the selected novelty on a specific character

-Junk items
Add items to mark them as "junk" to sell faster in merchants.

-Revenant elite skill
Allow revenant to use race skill.

lock chars: 

This would be a great step to making the character selection screen more player friendly for those of us who have a lot of characters.

Dynamic character selection background

They kind of have something like this already in the background of the character icon changes based on where that character is.  It would be cool to swap out the back grounds on the full character display screen.

Legendary aquatic helmet

Legendary breathers really should be a thing.

Legendary infusions

Legendary infusions would be cool for swapping stats.

Legendary gathering tools

Legendary gathering tools would be awesome.  I would love to see this as something that could be crafted and would be great for Jeweler 500.

Contract permanent makeover

Not sure what this means, there is a permanent makeover contract that you can buy or find in black lion chests as one of the ultra rare drops.

Bigger minimap

Being able to further adjust the minimap would be really great.  Especially if you have a larger monitor and a high resolution. 

Transmute trinkets

Trinkets are not part of the wardrobe system and don't actually display (other than back).  I think there are too many various trinkets to actually display in game.

Remove novelty

Novelty assignments are character specific, what would be the point of removing a novelty from a specific character?

Junk items

Most junk items are labeled as trophy and you can sell to vendors automatically.  There is the "sell junk" button which will sell everything that is junk.  ANet has been doing a better job with marking the items that don't sell as "junk" as not needed outside of a collection.

Revenant elite skill

They really need to add all the racial skill options: utility, elite, tool belt, auxiliary, and healing (for human)

• Sad 1