HOW DO I GET PAST ANGRY ROCK AT TRIBULATION Z2W1 AT THE LAVA

Tricky. And I also try to avoid dodge jumps - can't do them reliably and too lazy to train. You can do it by quicly jumping turning around and jumping back (jumping backwards  normally should be too slow - without turning around). This should bait it into jumping so you can quickly move into that direction (until it's cooldown wears off and it starts to jump again).

• Confused 1

FWIW binding dodge jump has been expressly approved by anet, so you don't have to rely on timing. But yeah, feels like cheating to me too ; p

If we're talking about the first big rock in the lava with the two tiny rocks in front of it then I do the jump to trigger then jump back out of range trick instead . . .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Revolution.8425 said:

To pass it it requires some dodge jump thingy that isn't a feature but a BUG clearly. Idk how to do it and I need help.

You do not need any dodge jumps nor dodges there.

If you mean the two small squares in the lava, followed by the angry rock: Note that the Angry Rocks have a cooldown. So you jump on the first square, then the second (which will trigger the angry rock), immediately do a u-turn, jump back on the first one, do another quick u-turn and jump all the way across the lava (second square >> angry rock >> tree).

You use the same technique later on to trigger each Angry Rock: get close to trigger it, do a u-turn, then use the cooldown timer to get past the rock.

Edit: By "u-turn" I don't mean the "About Face" key, by the way. 😉

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

You do not need any dodge jumps nor dodges there.

If you mean the two small squares in the lava, followed by the angry rock: Note that the Angry Rocks have a cooldown. So you jump on the first square, then the second (which will trigger the angry rock), immediately do a u-turn, jump back on the first one, do another quick u-turn and jump all the way across the lava (second square >> angry rock >> tree).

Yup. I always did it with dodgejumping, but if someone's allergic to that for whatever reason, this is how it can be done. Using action cam should make it easier to jump back on the first small rock and then continue forward without turning the camera around.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

You need to hop from stone 1 to 2 to 1 again to trigger the rock, then back to 2, onto the rock and across to the leaf. Don’t wait to see if the rock triggers once you hit the second stone before moving back, 1 to 2 to 1 needs to be a fluid motion or you will get knocked into the lava.

4 hours ago, TexZero.7910 said:

just dodge jump twice.

you can straight up bypass the rock with this method.

"how do I pass this without dodge jump?"
-just dodge jump twice

Please 😅 

If someojne doesn't want to use dodge jumping, the solution is to trigger the rock by quickly running in and out or -if surroundings allow- by dodging into it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/22/2024 at 12:12 AM, Sobx.1758 said:

I always did it with dodgejumping, but if someone's allergic to that for whatever reason, [...]

I assume the reason being dodge-jumps not always registering, which then costs more time than the u-turn method. 😁

• Confused 1

At that point I use action cam to jump on the rock before the angry rock, jump back as the angry rock jumps, then quickly go forward again. Action cam is important so that you don't need to use about face to jump back properly.

Edited by DaFishBob.6518

19 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

"how do I pass this without dodge jump?"
-just dodge jump twice

Please 😅 

If someojne doesn't want to use dodge jumping, the solution is to trigger the rock by quickly running in and out or -if surroundings allow- by dodging into it.

That's certainly a solution.

It's based on a very misconstured understanding that dodge jumping is a bug. It's not. It's also allowed to be macro'd so it can be done with 100% trigger rate. /shrug.

It's the most effective way of doing that section.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, TexZero.7910 said:

That's certainly a solution.

It's based on a very misconstured understanding that dodge jumping is a bug. It's not. It's also allowed to be macro'd so it can be done with 100% trigger rate. /shrug.

It's the most effective way of doing that section.

It’s not expected behaviour at all, it’s unintended and certainly not 100% reproducible even with a macro. I have it fail maybe once in every five or six attempts.

• Like 1

Mad skill 🤣 you jump to the little rock before the big rock. then jump back to the smaller one by the tree then full send it back to the big rock then roll jump off the big rock as soon as you land.

You should try 202 there is a section where you have to jump from a small rock to a rock that jumps and if you land wrong you'll get shanked by a spike trap. and with my ping it's super annoying to get right. average ping for me is 300

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, MiTxGamer.1976 said:

You should try 202 there is a section where you have to jump from a small rock to a rock that jumps and if you land wrong you'll get shanked by a spike trap. and with my ping it's super annoying to get right. average ping for me is 300

My first time doing that one cost me 20+ lives at that one annoying spot.

• Confused 1