Objectives are still too hard to take, some suggestions to help.

On 4/24/2024 at 2:23 PM, Chaba.5410 said:

I suspect it's something to do with the boredom of larger groups.  Havocs and roamers don't have as many players standing around unable to participate.

It could also just be that havocs and roamers don't really siege T3s.  They just like skirmishing with the defending havocs and roamers who jump out.

Most havoc stopped bothering to take anything but paper due to watchtower.  It takes too long to set up the siege and defense with sufficient players is immediate.

An overwhelming majority of successful havoc prior to the watchtower effect was pre-building siege before triggering swords and deliberately getting scouted and misdirecting the enemy server into a response on the opposite side of the map while the walls got burned down before they could cross to inspect swords or have a scout verify it.  By the time people inspected the swords on the real objective, gates or walls were already down and the small groups trying to defend would trickle in and act as the content.

If you were any good, it meant the real objective would flip pretty much just as the blob arrived and your own could take something else while they were distracted by your papering.

Now your numbers and locations are known before you even finish building the siege, and pugs are alerted to investigate and make callouts right away.  You'll either get siege destroyed/fought before you can build enough for a quick capture or steamrolled if you try and do anything even remotely near the blob.  So people just goad small fights because that's all the agency left with less than 8.

Edited by DeceiverX.8361
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DeceiverX.8361 said:

Most havoc stopped bothering to take anything but paper due to watchtower.  It takes too long to set up the siege and defense with sufficient players is immediate.

An overwhelming majority of successful havoc prior to the watchtower effect was pre-building siege before triggering swords and deliberately getting scouted and misdirecting the enemy server into a response on the opposite side of the map while the walls got burned down before they could cross to inspect swords or have a scout verify it.  By the time people inspected the swords on the real objective, gates or walls were already down and the small groups trying to defend would trickle in and act as the content.

If you were any good, it meant the real objective would flip pretty much just as the blob arrived and your own could take something else while they were distracted by your papering.

Now your numbers and locations are known before you even finish building the siege, and pugs are alerted to investigate and make callouts right away.  You'll either get siege destroyed/fought before you can build enough for a quick capture or steamrolled if you try and do anything even remotely near the blob.  So people just goad small fights because that's all the agency left with less than 8.

I remember that well. If watchtower were nerfed today, there would be so much negative feedback here about it too despite how it had nerfed the smaller groups from attacking.

When I wrote about sieging T3s, I had keeps in mind because they don't have watchtower.

46 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I remember that well. If watchtower were nerfed today, there would be so much negative feedback here about it too despite how it had nerfed the smaller groups from attacking.

When I wrote about sieging T3s, I had keeps in mind because they don't have watchtower.

WT is a boon to small scale. This is one of those issues. Same as sentries.

Those that want WT to be removed haven't tried to use it to their advantage and just want roamers to stand in towers. 

Been going old school on peeps to use these to their advantage. I fear we aren't prepping players if we get tourneys back. WTs are boons to those that are not thinking it thru and a boon to those that are. Same as sentries. There is art in deception. Small scale gains in multiple ways with WT and sentries. 

• Haha 1

On 4/23/2024 at 9:34 AM, Dark Dvid.2906 said:

1) Only AC, Bali, and SG affect players and damage is halved.

You mean if a big fireball from a treb hits you, nothing will happen? Not even singe your nose hairs?
At least a few burning hairs, as something visual, so that the shooter at least gets something out of it?

Add new skill call "Ramming Penetration" were a group of 20 or more can all man a ram and when activated a cry of "Aloha Snack Bar" is heard and the gate is instantly penetrated.

I'm totally for it. Esp. the name. Sounds like fun in voice chat.

To keep a circle from flipping defenders need twice the number of attackers and boons will instantly be removed once they step in the circle.

In addition, the circle is reduced to a hand's width.
Enemies who were not standing in the circle during the capture immediately drop dead and are automatically teleported to the spawn point.

• Confused 1

On 4/23/2024 at 12:12 PM, Dark Dvid.2906 said:

For those confused, this is sarcasm

Now you ruined the thread by stating the obvious. 😞

Fail!

Delete all you characters and start anew!

Name suggestion: Captain Obvious

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

WT is a boon to small scale. This is one of those issues. Same as sentries.

Those that want WT to be removed haven't tried to use it to their advantage and just want roamers to stand in towers. 

Been going old school on peeps to use these to their advantage. I fear we aren't prepping players if we get tourneys back. WTs are boons to those that are not thinking it thru and a boon to those that are. Same as sentries. There is art in deception. Small scale gains in multiple ways with WT and sentries. 

As a roamer, I dont really like the idea of just thinking "this tower can be ignored, it got watchtower!". This type of extremely wide AoE spotting is fine when it's in a burst - such as capping a keep - but not just constant. I dont think it's a boon to small scale. As an attacker it's prohibitive, especially when combined with T3. As a defender, it's just passive and boring.

I would rather the watchtower tactic be a "sentry patrols" tactic with multiple patrols where the combo contains an actual tougher sentry type guard with longer range than normal. That way they would move around the area and spot people. You could counter and disable this "watchtower" by killing them, giving you some time before it's up again. And defenders would have to react to threats showing up even within tower proximity instead of having the equivalent of wallhacking from across the map.

5 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

I would rather the watchtower tactic be a "sentry patrols" tactic with multiple patrols where the combo contains an actual tougher sentry type guard with longer range than normal. That way they would move around the area and spot people. You could counter and disable this "watchtower" by killing them, giving you some time before it's up again. And defenders would have to react to threats showing up even within tower proximity instead of having the equivalent of wallhacking from across the map.

In general I think we could use some more tactics in general and this could be a new type that I agree I could see value in. I also think we should be able to upgrade road sentries with tactics and move camps back to allowing more than one level personally. We are at the point that most things are paper already during active hours.

• Like 1

In these dire times for attackers, we should listen to the wisdom of old. The Camp Counselor achievement, titled "Walls Get in the Way," truly encapsulates the essence of the mode. In order to improve the feel of the game mode for attackers, increase player engagement, and avoid giving defending players too much of an advantage, we should simply remove all walls and gates from objectives.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, ZTeamG.4603 said:

In these dire times for attackers, we should listen to the wisdom of old. The Camp Counselor achievement, titled "Walls Get in the Way," truly encapsulates the essence of the mode. In order to improve the feel of the game mode for attackers, increase player engagement, and avoid giving defending players too much of an advantage, we should simply remove all walls and gates from objectives.

lmao I was about to joke about wall removals.

But I can suggest if a Zerg outmans another server  that outmaned  map gets instantly fliped since would just be a matter of time this way Anet can reward players for their effort sooner .. QoL stuufff right?

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

On 4/28/2024 at 6:19 AM, Lucy.3728 said:

Now you ruined the thread by stating the obvious. 😞

Fail!

Delete all you characters and start anew!

Name suggestion: Captain Obvious

Forgive me for I have sinned