Removal of Stealth when?

Stealth in this game is utterly broken and toxic.

That stealth using classes also are highly mobile and have decent dmg at the same time just adds insult to injury.

This has been a problem since release. 

So ANET: when are you going to remove stealth (without compensation) from the game? You had long enough to make it work and you failed. For more than a decade.

Time to admit failure and nuke this uneeded feature once and for all. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 16
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

That stealth using classes also are highly mobile and have decent dmg at the same time just adds insult to injury.

Well, what would steath be for without "decent dmg"?
Stealthing, then revealing yourself to deal no damage? That would be kind of nonsense.
But yes, classes with stealth (mostly the thief specs) are kind of mobile. Steath is used to avoid incoming damage by not being visible. Thief just has additional bonuses like the stealth attack to gain damage out of using stealth. The reason thief is mobile is because its defense isnt really good without it. A thief without stealth would be dead in seconds because most of its defense is tied to stealth (like gaining protection on stealth or reveal or cleansing condis).

26 minutes ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

So ANET: when are you going to remove stealth (without compensation) from the game? You had long enough to make it work and you failed. For more than a decade.

Removing stealth would kind of fully kill the logic of a thief. Stealing something while everyone notices?
So that already would kill the full class logic, but you dont want to only remove it, you want to give no compensation for it?
Thieves would go from one of the best roamers in wvw to worst the second your idea would make it ingame.

Is stealth sometimes a bit too much? yes, imo perm stealth shouldnt be a thing. I had thieves running away from me to get out of combat to swap to a build they can take on my build with. I still had bleeding and poison on me so i couldnt even out of combat fast enough either while the player i fought simply swapped to a different build while the condis this player inflicted on me avoided that i could get out of combat (yeah that system is kinda kitten too, because if someone inflicts condis on me and i still receive damage from them, the other player shouldnt be able to get out of combat either). And thieves can be annoying too.

But please dont try to kill the theme of thief or even the whole class. Because what you are suggesting definitely will do this exact thing.

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Rip thief, mesmer, engineer, ranger who use stealth skills.

And oh man, all the encounters where stealth helps makes this game a bit more interesting or less annoying.

Tbh dude, this sounds like a skill issue rather than a game issue. Anet aren't perfect but deleting it from the game because you dislike it or have problems with it is just dumb.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

Now I can be toxic without using a single word. Cool.

As for the serious answer, there are a ton of thief repellant builds out there, You can eighter pick them up or git gud. Just becouse You are not good in PvP doesn't mean core mechanic of the professions should be erased thus destroying the class.

Your chioce, but please continiue with the temper tantrum. I can use a good laugh.

Edit: When I see someone somewhere using word "Toxic" or "Gatekeep", while describing something I instantly feel the urge to downvote it. Cuz I instantly know it will be something so silly or insane. Do You guys have this habit as well? Like this two words are so overused and their meaning so twisted at this point... xd

... might be GW2 Forums PTSD xdddd

Edited by Biziut.3594
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Now I can be toxic without using a single word. Cool.

As for the serious answer, there are a ton of thief repellant builds out there, You can eighter pick them up or git gud. Just becouse You are not good in PvP doesn't mean core mechanic of the professions should be erased thus destroying the class.

Your chioce, but please continiue with the temper tantrum. I can use a good laugh.

Edit: When I see someone somewhere using word "Toxic" or "Gatekeep", while describing something I instantly feel the urge to downvote it. Cuz I instantly know it will be something so silly or insane. Do You guys have this habit as well? Like this two words are so overused and their meaning so twisted at this point... xd

... might be GW2 Forums PTSD xdddd

‘Toxic’ especially annoys me, and without straying too far into [redacted] topic, yeah, I also find it convenient to auto-dismiss prose that contains that word and others, like ‘gatekeeping’ as being deliberately inflammatory. It’s especially prevalent on sites that begin with the letter R, where intelligent discourse is preferentially replaced by meme wars, where users string together memes made up of buzzwords that pass as replies. The more effective the meme usage, the more karma is gained. It’s an odd game that passes as actual conversation when it really isn’t. And heaven forbid you go against it!

With that said, this is an obvious troll post, so I think we can all just have a giggle and move along.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

Time to admit failure and nuke this uneeded feature once and for all. 

You've had that long to make things work also but you still think thief is your main problem out there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Dibit.6259 said:

Rip thief, mesmer, engineer, ranger who use stealth skills.

You forgot underwater elementalist, Ele have a smoke field on earth skills underwater 😉

That said, stealth isn't going to be removed from the game. The developpers would have to fully "rework" thief which rely on stealth on many level and such a rework is unlikely to happen.

43 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

You forgot underwater elementalist, Ele have a smoke field on earth skills underwater 😉

That said, stealth isn't going to be removed from the game. The developpers would have to fully "rework" thief which rely on stealth on many level and such a rework is unlikely to happen.

I wouldn't even be mad if they did try something different as long as it was inspired, but it would still have to be some type of visual obfuscation anyway unless they were to change some things about thief mitigation also which just wouldn't make sense thematically. They could go wild and expand Shadowsteps to take over that aspect also with positioning and masking direction. People would still complain but I'd have a blast if the animations were fun. 

7 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

it would still have to be some type of visual obfuscation anyway unless they were to change some things about thief mitigation also which just wouldn't make sense thematically.

I don't think "mitigation" is the main point of stealth for thief, in term of mitigation thief got plenty of evade and there is room to add damage reduction coefficients (for example, thief used to get 30% incoming damage reduction when revealed via a trait) as well as weapon skillset that offer skills similar to dardevil's bandit's defense.

Before anything else, Stealth for thief is a ressource that they can chose to consume for various effects or keep in order to reposition themselves to get back the initiative in a fight.

23 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I don't think "mitigation" is the main point of stealth for thief, in term of mitigation thief got plenty of evade and there is room to add damage reduction coefficients (for example, thief used to get 30% incoming damage reduction when revealed via a trait) as well as weapon skillset that offer skills similar to dardevil's bandit's defense.

Before anything else, Stealth for thief is a ressource that they can chose to consume for various effects or keep in order to reposition themselves to get back the initiative in a fight.

Kind of agree, but if stealth weren't a form of mitigation, people wouldn't try to drop combat and bounce with it. 

2 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

hahahaha

that is funny.

What they really do is:

jump you out of stealth. 

if there is any risk, they stealth up and port away, leave the fight, recupperate

then jump you out of stealth again

the whole mechanic is fundamentally broken and the playstyle is... how can I say it without getting banned? No.. I can't.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

hahahaha

that is funny.

What they really do is:

jump you out of stealth. 

if there is any risk, they stealth up and port away, leave the fight, recupperate

the whole mechanic is fundamentally broken and the playstyle is... how can I say it without getting banned? No.. I can't.

You must be baller out there if every thief is running from you. My guess is most of don't even bother stealthing against you. Why would they need to if that's your take on stealth?  

I'm not a fan of heavy stealth play either but it's not all that. How do you have fun playing at all if you live in a constant state of fear like that? 

Edited by kash.9213
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

hahahaha

that is funny.

What they really do is:

jump you out of stealth. 

I'm not saying that thief players don't exploit stealth, I'm saying that doing so is not the primary purpose of stealth and that as long as this primary purpose exist it would be difficult to remove stealth.

22 hours ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

hahahaha

that is funny.

What they really do is:

jump you out of stealth. 

You do realize that you are also recuperating when you get out of combat, right? So even if they jump out of stealth again they are back to square one. It's too easy to call something "broken" without defining what makes it broken -- so how can you expect anything to change without specifying what you want changed?

Jumping in and out of stealth doesn't make it broken. Stealthed characters deal no damage else they get revealed. It's perfectly balanced.

• Confused 1