Blue Visual Effects in Nayos Map [Merged]

Simply restarting the game helps (for a while, then the blue boxes reappear again).

That's probably the reason why some people think -repair helped. They quit the game for the repair, restarted and thought the repair fixed it, while actually the restart did.

• Thanks 1

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey everyone, I want to let you know that we are working on this. People on several different teams are chasing down the source of the issue so they can get a fix to you as soon as possible. Sorry it's happening--we know firsthand that it's really annoying! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

I have similar issue with blue textures/elements of interface at Tequatl. I can stand there for an hour without any issues, but once daily reset occurs and following Tequatl fight commences things turn blue.

Posted (edited)

Had the same issue last night in WvW, happened almost immediately. Fully opaque black golems standing around. Restarted client and it went away and didn't return all evening.

13900K, 16GB Ram, Nvidia 3080ti FE.

I'd suggest for anyone repeatedly getting this, try clearing your shader cache (Nvidia only):
C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\NVIDIA\PerDriverVersion\DXCache

Though apparently this is happening across all GPU vendors, but AMD does also has an equivalent cache somewhere as far as I'm aware so I'd suggest looking into that.

Edited by Will.6829

On 5/30/2024 at 6:54 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hey everyone, I want to let you know that we are working on this. People on several different teams are chasing down the source of the issue so they can get a fix to you as soon as possible. Sorry it's happening--we know firsthand that it's really annoying! 

Good to know you guys know about it. Thanks.

I returned from a small(er) break just one day ago and experienced the "Blue Bug" at Shadow Behemoth (weekly for me). Lasted through several characters, because once one was infected, it spread into the Holo-Arena-fight, where a lot less players are.

Also: it happens to Radeon-users as well.

Maybe the Void is seeping in, using blue boxes insead of tentacles nowadays. I mean - tentacles could trigger people... blue boxes? Pfff - harmless!

This issue appears in every meta event in any map I played in, the more players around the faster it happens.

Today it got to a point the game crashed when I tried to take a screenshot using the in game PRTscreen  support.