JAW New Legendary Spear and Backpack reward

Style?: Huge, blinking, seizure-induzing disco balls that swirl around your character.

How to get it?: Raiding, crafting housing stuff and doing rifts just out of spite.

Why is it a backpiece?: Got to sell something in the "expansion" and they did an armor with SotO.

Why should anyone get it?: Maybe to have a legy backpiece, don't ask me I have three and I wouldn't have done the PvP one if the armory had been a thing at the time.

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Not exactly the same. 😉 

Ofcourse not. Your Picture has a totally different art style, plus you can't expect to get an exact copy. 😉 

4 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Completely oversized, plus I hate the asymmetric horns.

Yet pretty fitting to your examples.

There are also some more backpack backpacks, from crafting as well as from other sources.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

Yet pretty fitting to your examples.

No. The Tailor backback is ugly/corny, all red and with scissors dangling down. Has nothing to do with my examples.

If anything, these would come closest, and they are still not ideal because of the wooden frame:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Intricate_Leatherworker's_Backpack  
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Practical_Leatherworker's_Backpack

• Confused 4

18 hours ago, WindBlade.8749 said:

We already had the fractal one, where i could understand doing a openworld armor since the content was too hard for a lot of players the fractal one only require you to do t1-t4 and don't ask you to touch the cms.

I see often casual doing the ad infinitum collection in the lfg to so it's seem it's not an issue.

So it's kinda feel we get a duplicate legendary for pve and openworld at the same time ? I mean we have duplicate weapons sure but a lot of people were waiting either a legendary ring or a aqua breather.

Another thing since we have a new raid there is a chance either the spear or the backpack is a raid one cause they don't usually unannounced legendaries (maybe i'm wrong on that one and there will be a different legendary for the new raid and it's wing(s ?)) but if it's not and it's the backpack there is rly no point cause raid players clearly can do ad infinitum without any issue.

What if, hear me out, the new legendary backpack has dye chanels, which is something players have asked for forever. Yes, we wanted the existing backpacks to be dyeable, but maybe this new backpack will be cool. For having all 3 back items myself I will definitly be doing this one too. Makes for more customization rather than using the same 3 back items all the time if you’re wanting to show off your legendaries.

17 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

u know what a legendary worthy backpack looks like?

Mark Y golem backpack - it has nice animations and funny expressions... compared to adinfinitum or pvp backpack or wayfarer henge or warbringer, Mark Y golem had too much love put into it while making it..

Interesting how tastes differ... to me that's one of the most ugly and unfitting backpacks in the entire game.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 6/4/2024 at 1:54 PM, Redsnabba.9172 said:

Why do we get yet another legendary backpack? It's literally the legendary we have the most of in relation to the amount of available slots.
We still don't have any legendary aquabreather and most of the trinkets have only one option per slot. I don't get the decision at all

Aqua breather is a meme. It doesn't make sense to release it ever, unless it comes with meaningful underwater content

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Hey! One can still dream. 😂

I'm with you.  Most of my characters (maybe all?) aren't all that flashy as my internal canon has them wearing more "practical" gear.  I'd like some more simplistic items with enough dye channels to make them unique.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

No. The Tailor backback is ugly/corny, all red and with scissors dangling down. Has nothing to do with my examples.

If anything, these would come closest, and they are still not ideal because of the wooden frame:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Intricate_Leatherworker's_Backpack  
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Practical_Leatherworker's_Backpack

An actual backpack which looks both practical and nice is one thing we're still missing in this game.

The crafting packs (some of them anyway) were an improvement on previous options, but they're still not quite there. Like you I don't like the amount of stuff poking out the sides of most of them. (Especially the scissors hanging off the tailor's pack - if anyone did that to my sewing scissors they'd never hear the end of it!)

The Guild backpack is ok, but very plain, and I've got one character using the Ash Legion backpack and one who would suit the Mercenary backpack (but that's definitely not right for all characters). Some of the practical or sturdy crafting packs are ok, but more often boxes than bags which look uncomfortable for long journeys.

I'm not sure it's a candidate for a legendary skin, but an elegant backpack which is just a backpack without a bunch of stuff tied to the outside or poking out the top would be very nice.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Yes, I know. Your point being...? 😄

Asking for your point actually. 😉 

You gave an example on what backpacks you would like to see.
I named some with a similar style.
You say "nope that's not similar"
You also say "This ones are closer" and show the ones I mentioned before.

All in all I don't think we will get such "normal" backpacks as legendaries. As you can see there are already a lot of such in the game.
My bet is that it will be something Titan related.
An animated or "living" one like the golem backpiece would be really cool.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

I doubt it will be a simple get elegant baglike backpack, because I have trouble imagining what the glider equivalent would look like.

All legendary backpacks have so far come with glider skins. (It was the main reason I crafted my first to begin with.) This one will have one too, presumably.

Edited by Flowersunshine.7385
DYAC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Flowersunshine.7385 said:

I doubt it will be a simple get elegant baglike backpack, because I have trouble imagining what the glider equivalent would look like.

A jade-bot fairy popping out of the bag, grabbing us by our hair and flying us around. 🤣

6 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

I named some with a similar style.

And I did not consider those similar. End of story. 😋

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

On 6/4/2024 at 10:54 AM, Redsnabba.9172 said:

Why do we get yet another legendary backpack? It's literally the legendary we have the most of in relation to the amount of available slots.
We still don't have any legendary aquabreather and most of the trinkets have only one option per slot. I don't get the decision at all

They probably didn't know what else to put in the game either. Also, adding an open world PvE focused legendary backpack is the same direction as PvE non-raid armor.

Aquabreather will be for an expansion that has notable underwater content.

• Confused 1

• 2 months later...