Feedback: Don't release GW3 in future | Slow down with Expansion release and...

GW2 is better and can run for a much much longer time & we have far enough content:

• Polish the game!
  • Rework the graphics of whole game! Very old content to the newiest. Chronologically.
  • Introduce new system!
  • Make expansion release once every 2 years instead of Every year! Quality > Quantity!
  • Update the game server, Merge few maps to make game seem even bigger with less loading screen. (example: 3 maps into 1map)
  • Instead of releasing Elite specs & worrying about next Elite specs, Release a new class once every 5 years. (which means, This is a time to release new class).
  • Keep improving classes combats & their skill's animations. Better combat always improves the game & makes players want to play the game more.
  • Rework Old stories & all the Ingame cinematics! Giving them a new feel & smoother rework is far enjoyable for players. No need to change the story, just smooth them out new newer graphics & cinematics, To be as engaging as a real marvel movie could. (btw, totally rework the chapter 7-8 of personal story. Make the dragon far bigger & scary).
  • Introduction of Housing system is great! It will provide a good income to the game. To make it more personal & interesting, taking Inspiration from Genshin Impact's Serenitea pot housing system would be marvelous! (ofc in GW2 design/style 🙂 )
  • Make all NEW players to be forced to follow the game story in chronologically order after the rework mentioned in 8th point. Then make LW2, LW3 & LW4 totally free after the player buy the expansion related to those Living Worlds. Just forced to follow stories chronologically once per account
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 24
  • Sad 1

How would all that rework generate income for Anet?

What about people who have no interest in story? They just won't play GW2?

Actually, much of what you are requesting sounds more like a GW3.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

How would all that rework generate income for Anet?

Reworks in graphics & making it better, improving combats, having good housing system... This always attracts a very large amount of new players. You will be surprised if u didn't know about this.

6 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

What about people who have no interest in story? They just won't play GW2?

People who have no interest in story will not bother doing stories cause there is a skip button on it and people who have interest will find joy & engagement into storyline. Reason why i said all new players should follow the story chronologically is because when they open the game content in the chronological manner and they will not get confused as they will learn about many basics stuffs & always will have something exciting to look ahead. New player comes in game, goes to example End of Dragon expension then the player latter wonder wtf is happening after doing most of the content for few days. I have talked with many & seen alot of player in this state of confusion as to what is happening in the game. plus, If it's a new player who doesn't know about end games areas then it doesn't matter if they start from the start. You may not care but it's fine since it would only require to do once per account.

16 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Actually, much of what you are requesting sounds more like a GW3.

You think so? World of Warcraft did the very thing by 1st reworking the graphics of the game (and still busy on it).. people don't call in WoW2. GW2 will remain GW2.

• Like 3
  • Confused 7

3 minutes ago, sanguigasm.1325 said:

Only 1 class for 5 years instead of e specs?? Bruh

What you chose:

1. New class every 5 years with 3 Especs + constant rework & polish of combat. (maybe new weapon skills & improved skill animations & Improved weapons & New weapons & New combat abilities)
  2. New elite spec everytime there is an expansion.
  • Confused 5

18 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

Not only is this going to bring less profit than an expansion, it would take multiple years of no content

I am hoping Anet to do something similer like in WOW. Every 2 year new expansion but adding few contents & achievements & class reworks to keep players engaging and also maybe increase level cap. Making the game just abit harder but rewards & achievements to be fruitful of all the hardwork we put into getting it.

There is enough content in the game. If New players comes in, they have +8 years worth of contents to engage into, The issue lies only for OG players who are very active. Releasing 2 years worth of content every 2 years? Very possible and the quality of the contents could also be better because of the longer developing time.

I am just seeing everything as a whole & not one by one. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 8

4 hours ago, August.5934 said:

I am hoping Anet to do something similer like in WOW.

They can't.

WoW is a subscription game with paid DLC, made by a company that had previously made multiple classics, that gained popularity durning a period where there was minimal competition. They had staff, funds and ridiculously loyal fanbase, which allowed them to update the game with no issues, to extend the lifespan, while the game was still fairly new.

Anet just isn't Blizzard.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I'm just sick of GW2's story writing team butchering a story into several parts to ship out in 3 month gaps. If they can do a better story by making Gw3 a standalone story single player game, so be it. 

I seriously hope they've learnt from SotO not just how to logistically handle a new workflow but how to write your stories better into episodes. SotO post Act 3 is just slow painful devolution of an otherwise excellent setup for the whole expansion.

It's like a waiter bringing out this awesome A1 Wagyu and you can smell this awesome dish coming then as the waiter reaches you they trip and fall, sending this A1 cut flying in slow motion onto the floor. That's how SotO's story felt to me. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

They need to abandon this notion of “a mini expac every year”… perhaps they should adopt a rotation cycle of mini-expac followed by a full expac over a 4 year cycle… they could even do a 6 year cycle of mini/mini/full if they need to… but the important thing is they don’t have the resources to make an expac every year like they want… it will be better to space the. Out a little more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 5

3 hours ago, Panda.1967 said:

They need to abandon this notion of “a mini expac every year”… perhaps they should adopt a rotation cycle of mini-expac followed by a full expac over a 4 year cycle… they could even do a 6 year cycle of mini/mini/full if they need to… but the important thing is they don’t have the resources to make an expac every year like they want… it will be better to space the. Out a little more.

Similer thoughts as mine. Even expansion every 2 year is abit. I don't understand how people can complain about not having the content. (Not talking to "16hrs/d" gamers)

• Like 3
  • Confused 6

16 hours ago, Jediel.4856 said:

Or..

Hear me out on this... make gw3 a continuation of gw2, as in all progress carries over and gw2 are shut down.

Both can still be there to play.

For example, people are still playing WoW and RuneScape which is older and they have fun I think. Otherwise they wouldn't stay on it

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2024 at 7:42 PM, August.5934 said:

Rework the graphics of whole game! Very old content to the newiest. Chronologically

Yeah. Likely would lag out the servers this game runs on the gw1 engine modified, replacing the engine is a brand new game. 

Make expansion release once every 2 years instead of Every year! Quality > Quantity

Except it isn’t. The game doesn’t generate enough money so they have to increase the prices of the game. Lol

21 every 2 years weren’t cutting it and knocking box prices up too 42 pound would never fly in the community. 

Update the game server, Merge few maps to make game seem even bigger with less loading screen

Can’t be done without a new engine, and you can’t change the engine to an existing game without taking it offline for a large period of time. 

Release a new class once every 5 years. (which means, This is a time to release new class

And have to launch 3 elite speccs with weapon mastery and equalise weapon choices after increasing the pool of weapons for each class.

classes are currently too bloated to make this a option.

Rework Old stories & all the Ingame cinematics! Giving them a new feel & smoother rework is far enjoyable for players. No need to change the story, just smooth them out new newer graphics & cinematics, To be as engaging as a real marvel movie could. (btw, totally rework the chapter 7-8 of personal story. Make the dragon far bigger & scary).

And to sell what exactly? 

you think Anet will get the all clear from Ncsoft to do that sorta scale rework on the game and have 0 to sell to return money on? You don’t know how business works 

even if Anet wanted to do this, Ncsoft would shut this down. 

Make all NEW players to be forced to follow the game story in chronologically order after the rework mentioned in 8th point. Then make LW2, LW3 & LW4 totally free after the player buy the expansion related to those Living Worlds. Just forced to follow stories chronologically once per account

You mean take the game renowned for its freedom of choice and more and make it restrictive, in turn annoying the audience it’s aimed towards? 

your demands are only manageable with GW3 so well done, you’ve highlighted why they are trying to do it. 

And stop development? Your aware gw3 was only mentioned at the NCsoft shareholders meeting? By a cover person…. And it was listed as no active development? 

it means it’s currently a option that could happen. There’s no confirmation it’s been approved and no is not currently being worked on. 

Edited by Magmi.6723
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2024 at 8:13 PM, August.5934 said:

You think so? World of Warcraft did the very thing by 1st reworking the graphics of the game (and still busy on it).. people don't call in WoW2. GW2 will remain GW2

World of Warcraft generates a Subscription monthly cost. The work they do on the game outside its sellable features are already paid for by that.

gw2 has no funding to do work that isn’t sellable. Therefore its requirements are simply different. 

do not forget WoW launched before gw1. Due to Guild Wars model. They simply are forced to release new games for reworks of this magnitude you’ve asked for. Because they can’t sell a rework of content in an existing game. 

unless the expansion was the rework. But it’d become problematic as it’d have to be accessible to f2p players due to it being the pre existing game. 

NCsoft have the last say on development and I assure you Anet will never be approved for this. Due to how large of a cost this would require for 0 proven income. You cannot prove people will suddenly spend enough into the store to make the returns on this sorta investment. 

if WoW rework something and 200k people sub to check it out, the rework generated a solid 2 million in revenue. If they play more then 1 month it becomes multiplicative income from that.

if GW2 brings 200k back with a rework, it generated nothing lol because gw2 only makes money off selling new content. That’s the cycle. The core issue you describe here.

gw2 can only profit off the sale of new content, old content is a money sponge with 0 profits to gain. So the game can’t afford to do so. The core audience of the game would not accept what would need to happen to make these things an option for this game. 

Edited by Magmi.6723
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

They should skip Guild Wars 3 and release Guild Wars 4 instead because of the embarrassment and trauma in knowing its the same deisgn favoritism and rinse+repeat rodeo direction and philosophy like Guild Wars 2.

At least the number 4 or even go as far as 5 sound more promising and less traumatic than 3. 

Maybe than, we will forget and move on like nothing ever happend 

(exceptions of Toxic game design, Design Favoritism are still being excluded and excused in the upcoming balance patch)

Anet reputation is already failing and trust is severly broken at a startling high rate. Releasing Guild Wars 3 would be instant death to every present and future expansions of what's left of the game.

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

On 6/8/2024 at 12:16 AM, Jediel.4856 said:

Or..

Hear me out on this... make gw3 a continuation of gw2, as in all progress carries over and gw2 are shut down.

It's too much work and too costly for the team.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, August.5934 said:

It's too much work and too costly for the team

Not really. Considering the box price of guild wars games themselves are generally 3x the price of expansions.

U say this is too costly, but you’re talking about the complete rework of gw2 without anything sellable at the end of it lol. 

gw3 would bring a larger income, as well as be a far easier fix to the situation im afraid, it’d likely be less costly. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Magmi.6723 said:

Not really. Considering the box price of guild wars games themselves are generally 3x the price of expansions.

U say this is too costly, but you’re talking about the complete rework of gw2 without anything sellable at the end of it lol. 

gw3 would bring a larger income, as well as be a far easier fix to the situation im afraid, it’d likely be less costly. 

I am afraid that I agree with your statement beside them bringing larger income:. We all know that there is absolutely no way that Anet will ever rework/redesign 13 years+ of total mess Guild Wars 2 is causing to bring it back to the drawing board.

In the begining, Anet had years and years of chances to address and to permantly fix the root cause problems of the game and had many opportunities to listen to The Community who want Fair Chance of Healthy Competition.

As I stated before in my previous posts; it is game over for Guild Wars 2 because every balance patches are continuing making exceptions and excuses like all of previous balance patches to remove Toxic Design and to finally put an end to Design Favoritism since the game was released.

So yeah! I totally agree 

Anet will just use Guild Wars 3 as the solution gaming platform to address Guid Wars 2 problems.

As far as Guild Wars 3 brining in more income, I would like to ask you a question; what is Anet doing to redeem their Broken Trust and Loss of Faith in them to turn the game around with including the last balance patch preview?

Absolutely Nothing!!

It is the same rodeo that we have been on for the last 13 years-rinse+repeat=make exceptions=ignore=repeat

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

I am afraid that I agree with your statement beside them bringing larger income:. We all know that there is absolutely no way that Anet will ever rework/redesign 13 years+ of total mess Guild Wars 2 is causing to bring it back to the drawing board.

In the begining, Anet had years and years of chances to address and to permantly fix the root cause problems of the game and had many opportunities to listen to The Community who want Fair Chance of Healthy Competition.

As I stated before in my previous posts; it is game over for Guild Wars 2 because every balance patches are making exceptions and excuses to remove Toxic Design and and Design Favoritism.

So yeah! I totally agree 

Anet will just use Guild Wars 3 as the solution gaming platform to address Guid Wars 2 problems.

Because gw2s burst income is on box sales and not subscriptions I think it will net larger.

more people will buy gw3 then would a gw2 expansion realistically. Because “new game hype” breeds sales as people will literally buy it to play for 2 weeks Just because it’s a new game. 

Gw2 is stuck on a gw1 engine modified with several created and cut content types which lurk in the game gw2 could almost be considered gw3s experiment at this point with how much try and testing they’ve done. 

People who long quit gw2 will try gw3, also many people who’ve considered moving mmorpg potientally would but gw3 even with 0 interest in gw2, as people by nature perceive it’s too late to get into gw2 and that is a very real belief.

the idea of being a new player who knows nothing joining a decade old game of veterans for many is a offput. Brand new games make both veterans and new players New again. Which eases the transition in for many. 

and yes as you mentioned, gw2 has dug a really deep hole at this point reversing those decisions is so time demanding that they’re kinda constantly chasing their own tale trying to rectify things. 

Edited by Magmi.6723
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Magmi.6723 said:

Because gw2s burst income is on box sales and not subscriptions I think it will net larger.

more people will buy gw3 then would a gw2 expansion realistically. Because “new game hype” breeds sales as people will literally buy it to play for 2 weeks Just because it’s a new game. 

Gw2 is stuck on a gw1 engine modified with several created and cut content types which lurk in the game gw2 could almost be considered gw3s experiment at this point with how much try and testing they’ve done. 

People who long quit gw2 will try gw3, also many people who’ve considered moving mmorpg potientally would but gw3 even with 0 interest in gw2, as people by nature perceive it’s too late to get into gw2 and that is a very real belief.

the idea of being a new player who knows nothing joining a decade old game of veterans for many is a offput. Brand new games make both veterans and new players New again. Which eases the transition in for many. 

and yes as you mentioned, gw2 has dug a really deep hole at this point reversing those decisions is so time demanding that they’re kinda constantly chasing their own tale trying to rectify things. 

I do not disagre with you. I just want to add this read 🙂

-The Mismanagement of Customer Loyalty-

"What's more, companies need to concentrate on finding ways to bring to the fore their true friends' feelings of loyalty, hecause "true believers" are the most valuable customers of all. At the grocery retailer, for example, we found that customers who scored high on both actual and attitudinal measures of loyalty generated 120% more profit than those whose loyalty was observed through transactions alone. It wasn't just a business-to-consumer phenomenon, either: Those of the corporate service provider's customers who exhibited loyalty in both thought and deed were 50% more profitable than those who expressed their loyalty through action alone."

-9 benefits of customer loyalty'

"Loyal customers are the biggest and best brand advocates you can have, and the most likely to shout about you to family and friends. In fact, 77% of customers would recommend a brand to a friend after a single positive experience. Add to that the fact that 52% of customers go out of their way to purchase from brands they’re loyal to, and 43% of consumers pay more for products of brands they’re loyal to, and you should start to get an inkling of why customer loyalty matters so much.

A whopping 81% of consumers want to form a relationship with a brand, so let’s do a bit of a deep-dive into why a focus on customer loyalty is great for business. And don’t forget, that a core part of building customer loyalty is seeing each one as a human. People want to be treated as an individual, not a data point."

1. Customer loyalty creates more profits

"Increasing customer retention by just 5% boosts a company’s profits by 25% to 95%! It’s far more beneficial (and profitable) to retain your existing customers than it is to attract new ones.  Customer retention is cheaper than customer attraction, and existing customers are far easier to sell to – and they spend more! In fact, loyal customers spend, on average, 67% more on products and services than new customers."

2. Customer loyalty boosts CLV

"Remember what we said about the importance of Customer Lifetime Value (CLV)? Sure you do, it was only a few hundred words ago. Anyway, we’ve got another killer stat for you to chew on: research has shown that loyal customers are worth 306% more to your business (yes, THREE HUNDRED AND SIX PERCENT MORE), than their non-loyal counterparts across the entirety of their lifetime. Boom!"

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

If the story in GW2 was forced I would probably quit, and that's coming from someone who's been here since beta on and off and up until IBS followed every story step.

I have never cared so little about the story as I currently am, my hot take is that ANet should DRASTICALLY cut down the budget of the story, and give us better gameplay across ALL game modes instead.

In it's current state, the story is nothing but a explanation as to not break immersion regarding why PvE is getting updates, and the rest of game is suffering because of it.

Yes, we might get a new PvP game mode...sometime next year(?), but are the PvP and WvW community going to be pleased with 5 new skills for the next year and nothing else?

#Defund The Story (meme but seriously, please)

• Confused 3