Thank you for focusing more on replayable challenging end game content

Posted (edited)

I would like to express my appreciation for the direction Anet has taken this game recently.

The strike missions starting from Aetherblade are all great, especially Temple of Febe Legendary mode. Now we are getting Raid Wing 8 with Challenge mode and Legendary mode.

World Restructuring actually being release with the goal of making matchups more balanced and competitive.

Open World meta events and convergences that do not have a 100% success rate.

New PVP game mode being planned.

All of these are great. Please Anet keep leaning into this. The future is bright. This is another instant pre-purchase for me.

I know the story was not the best, but if that is what we have to sacrifice for all of the above, then it is definitely worth it.

Edited by A Hamster.2580
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

uhm did they say anything about cm and legendary mode for the new raid or are you just speculating since that 1 strike got it?

Edit

Just saw the mention of them in the mukluk video when he read on the buy page strange it wasent in the blogpost aswell.

Edited by Linken.6345

Enjoy your future, I guess, 'cause ANET sure doesn't seem interested in doing anything with past content. Just keep making new stuff and leave the rest of the game behind. How many core Tyria bugs were fixed this patch? Two? And another two for EoD? That sure doesn't instill me with confidence for the future, but for some reason we can't both get what we want for this open-ended MMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Smoky.5348 said:

Enjoy your future, I guess, 'cause ANET sure doesn't seem interested in doing anything with past content. Just keep making new stuff and leave the rest of the game behind. How many core Tyria bugs were fixed this patch? Two? And another two for EoD? That sure doesn't instill me with confidence for the future, but for some reason we can't both get what we want for this open-ended MMO.

Maybe with the release of new wing, I assume they will revisit some of the actual ones and make them more appealing and rewarding.

Nonetheless I'm anticipating also something to do with the extra LIs some people have - like trade them for something else - mystic coins/clovers etc.

Edited by Exallia.1349

raids are played by 10% of players (probably half of them are vets playing game more than ten years). due to high level of entry barrier and time commitment issues.

strikes were good introduction to end game with less entry barrier. i think more than half of the players doing strikes daily/weekly just as popular as fractals. we just need more strikes for variety. anet shooting its foot again focusing raids (development is time consuming as they said) and neglecting the actual content most of the people play. its not good, they will aware but will be late.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

3 hours ago, RaveOnYou.2819 said:

raids are played by 10% of players (probably half of them are vets playing game more than ten years). due to high level of entry barrier and time commitment issues.

oh stop with the cap finally, what "high level of entry" and "time commitment issues" ... every single raid wing on normal mode is kitten poor easy and 1 wing of raid will take you maybe like an hour or so (not counting getting ppl together, since you need to do that for strikes as well) ... its not the raids themselves which are a problem ... its the majority of this game's playerbase.
there is literally no difference between strike boss and raid boss .... its just ppl in here automatically boycott anything that has some sort of learning curve in it .. as long as you cant just spam #1 and run around and get fully rewarded its bad for them 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Blackari.2051 said:

1 wing of raid will take you maybe like an hour or so

And for a number of people, being able to schedule uninterrupted 1h+ (because a number of groups would prefer to clear more than one wing per sitting) for playing is not achievable goal. Those people usually then when asked why they don't raid, will use the "time commitment issues" argument.

13 minutes ago, Blackari.2051 said:

there is literally no difference between strike boss and raid boss

The difference is that strike boss is not bundled with 3 others and some other encounters in between for a clear, that most people would prefer to clear in single siting ;)

That being said, discussing with raid fans, the bundling of it, reinforces the thematic feel of venturing into a hostile base, which is apparently what at least some people wanted when asking for raids. And as someone with "time commitment issues" I can respect that Strikes don't fulfill that thematic feel on grounds of accessibility, and do not mind those people getting a bone from devs as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2024 at 1:05 PM, Trejgon.9367 said:

And for a number of people, being able to schedule uninterrupted 1h+ (because a number of groups would prefer to clear more than one wing per sitting) for playing is not achievable goal. Those people usually then when asked why they don't raid, will use the "time commitment issues" argument.

most of the time groups want to do all IBS5 + DS + dailies with others, thats as long as 1 wing maybe (I dare to say 2 of them)? same uninterrupted schedule 

also most groups in LFG I have seen are on 1 wing basis with some of them being multiple 

On 6/5/2024 at 1:05 PM, Trejgon.9367 said:

That being said, discussing with raid fans, the bundling of it, reinforces the thematic feel of venturing into a hostile base, which is apparently what at least some people wanted when asking for raids

what hostile base ? ppl who play raids play strikes as well, and I am sure that those who pug raids pug strikes as well, so does that mean strike pugs are hostile base as well ?

on the other note, what "hostile base" ? what is it ? its the same as when somebody is calling ppl elitist/toxic because they want a proper setup / knowledge from others ... just a buzzword thrown around most times without any substance behind it...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Blackari.2051 said:

most of the time groups want to do all IBS5 + DS + dailies with others, thats as long as 1 wing maybe (I dare to say 2 of them)? same uninterrupted schedule 

also most groups in LFG I have seen are on 1 wing basis with some of them being multiple 

what hostile base ? ppl who play raids play strikes as well, and I am sure that those who pug raids pug strikes as well, so does that mean strike pugs are hostile base as well ?

on the other note, what "hostile base" ? what is it ? its the same as when somebody is calling ppl elitist/toxic because they want a proper setup / knowledge from others ... just a buzzword thrown around most times without any substance behind it...

Hostile base = enemy fortress lol

not playerbase!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Blackari.2051 said:

As QueenKeriti.5176 have said I was speaking of thematic feel of "raiding" into an enemy fortress, and nothing about playerbase being hostile. So raids fullfill this fantasy for those players, specifically because they require preparations, and involve sequence of encounters (not all bosses), and single boss encounter is simply to short to fullfill that fantasy.

9 hours ago, Blackari.2051 said:

any time I needed to do strikes I had no issue getting group for one single strike and just doing that one I needed. That is much shorter than trying to do whole 1 wing. Sure alot of groups are doing all of them in single run, but those are usually also not the people that would claim they don't do raids due to time commitment issues.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

On 6/5/2024 at 7:05 AM, Trejgon.9367 said:

And for a number of people, being able to schedule uninterrupted 1h+ (because a number of groups would prefer to clear more than one wing per sitting) for playing is not achievable goal. 

I mean come on

It's an MMO

An hour is nothing for this genre lol

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 6/5/2024 at 7:05 AM, Trejgon.9367 said:

The difference is that strike boss is not bundled with 3 others and some other encounters in between for a clear, that most people would prefer to clear in single siting 😉

That being said, discussing with raid fans, the bundling of it, reinforces the thematic feel of venturing into a hostile base, which is apparently what at least some people wanted when asking for raids. And as someone with "time commitment issues" I can respect that Strikes don't fulfill that thematic feel on grounds of accessibility, and do not mind those people getting a bone from devs as well.

But 3 encounters in raids don't necessarily need to be completed in one turn. I can see people putting in LFG potentially pugging for just one boss at a time if they don't have the time for everything. Your progress during the week generally stays so if you kill first boss, then go for the next boss at a later time, then the last boss when you have time after that. When you are proficient enough in all 3 bosses then you do clear runs which in a good group could take 30-45 min. Of course, I don't know what the timing will be for these new encounters, but I would imagine it will work the same way allowing you to complete one boss at a time within the week.

• Confused 1

I tried to join a training guild for raids once. They played only once a week. 
My work/life schedule is not consistent. My work schedule is different every week. 

The training guild gave me a link to a guide which asks me to have ascended armor, and runes that required a map currency to get (at the time). I could not begin training with them  until I had this build, that gear and the rotation down. This took me roughly 3-ish weeks given the time I had. 
I managed to try a single attempt, 3 people rage quit and the leader tossed in his hat as well. 
A week later, Arenanet did a balance patch that completely - and I mean utterly - invalidated the build requiring NEW gear, new build and new rotation. 

I was never able to line up my time /builds/gear with their needs. 

~
For me, that was the end my attempts.  Raids seem inaccessible to me, especially with the way classes  get rebalanced constantly - requiring familiarizing myself with weapons/skills sets I absolutely don't like. So, that means raids just aren't for some folks. I'm not necessarily asking that they be changed. There's obviously a community for it. 
But I say all this so you understand that for some folks it's just not a thing that they can do. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, PixeLpics.8017 said:

In two hours, you can literally do 4 raid wings or more. You have to stop wanting to spam 1 and not wanting to learn your rota.

its not lack of ability or knowledge, i can easily do fractals cms, some eod cms etc. but mastering raid mechanics, raid specific roles, their builds are huge problem especially with thise huge KP requirements on lfg. people in lfg almost all ask for at least 10 kp for even easy raids like wing 1-3-4. this means at least ten week you have to go training/practice runs guilds/discords.

i have started my raid journey this week clear 1,3 hopefully 4 tonight. i have created few roles create new mesmer character can play boon, pdps, cpds, heall/tank. i could do with less efffort since i have legendary armor, few leggy weapons mesmer can use and 5 leggy trinket. average person willing to join raids cannot afford that. lets agree raids are not welcoming comparing to strikes or fractals. dont judge people for that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

You gotta look carefully, there are few, really lovely guilds of raid vets that host training raids with nothing more than exotic gear. All it takes is proper exotic gear (same stat combinations as in the ascended gear in guides) and practice on the rotation of the specific build. Everything else is practice on the raid mechanics. Preparation time is less than a day.

Edited by asket.5674

On 6/26/2024 at 9:37 AM, Mic.1897 said:

I mean come on

It's an MMO

An hour is nothing for this genre lol

that used to be a reasonable answer.. not anymore tho nowadays MMOs need to be single player / not enough time to play players friendly as well 

• Confused 2