Legendary Aquabreather

Is there any chance of adding Legendary Aquabreathers into Janthir? For those of us who enjoy the crafting journey, and are completionists, then this is the obvious gap in the legendary armoury.

Yes I know about the Wegloop breathers from Slooshoo šŸ˜‰

Thanks for listening!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Charybdis.9042 said:

Is there any chance of adding Legendary Aquabreathers into Janthir? For those of us who enjoy the crafting journey, and are completionists, then this is the obvious gap in the legendary armoury.

Yes I know about the Wegloop breathers from Slooshoo šŸ˜‰

Thanks for listening!

This would be awesome.

With the achievement for legendary rune counting the breather, it really seems like they are not planning on dropping that aspect of water combat/exploration.Ā  It would make sense to me for a legendary aquabreather to be added into the game.

• Like 1

It wont just be added at this stage now. Maybe for the next expansion. It wont make sense unless they focus on underwater - which doesn't appear to this one, which already is adding near legendary options. They need to save something for later

I'm all for a legendary aquabreather if i'ts what people want, but I think expac 6 or 7 is where to hope for it

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Why do we get a legendary backpack and not the breather? Wierd choice.

I suspect the backpack is massively more popular an idea than the aquabreather across the wider community given how little use the breather would have. Plus if they have ideas for more underwater content in the future, a legendary breather would be more appropriate there and not feel wastedĀ 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

It wont just be added at this stage now. Maybe for the next expansion. It wont make sense unless they focus on underwater - which doesn't appear to this one, which already is adding near legendary options. They need to save something for later

I'm all for a legendary aquabreather if i'ts what people want, but I think expac 6 or 7 is where to hope for it

Just want to be clear that I put a sad emoji on your post, not a confused one. I also hope we get a legendary aquabreather but I hope it's not that far down the road.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I honestly don't care about a Legendary Rebreather till all my skills work in water and there's actual water content taken seriously. IMO they should just delete them as equipment items entirely and have it a cosmetic only slot. We don't even have separate build/equip templates for in water and it's just a pointless annoyance for mismatching our runes and stats for one piece of gear on top of everything else that breaks. (Like when a Specter enters water the entire spec is rendered null~ the game should just switch to a Underwater Daredevil/Deadeye Template automatically)

I also don't care about the leggy backpiece either since I have PvP one already~ so it's pretty much dead content for me just liek SOTO legendary armor was.
...and I personally don't care for back skins outside of something like "Shrine Guardian" which is practically an infusion-like effect, or if they ever add Cat Adventurer Tail as a back skin but seems like they're never gonna...

However I guess open world PvErs still need a method to obtain one like Armor, I just hope I can sell the materials right away then as someone who doesn't need it. I had to wait 11 years to be able to "sell" thousands of account bound SOTO leggy materials I don't need.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

Just want to be clear that I put a sad emoji on your post, not a confused one. I also hope we get a legendary aquabreather but I hope it's not that far down the road.

I don't follow the emoji reactions on my posts so you could put an upside gorilla in a clown costume and I still wouldn't care šŸ˜‰

Hopefully you will get the aquabreather you want, but just don't put any expectations on this expac. It'll be at least a year away yet. It all depends on whether this new philosophy includes a rethink towards underwater content in a later expac. If it does, it's pretty much a shoe in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I suspect the backpack is massively more popular an idea than the aquabreather across the wider community given how little use the breather would have. Plus if they have ideas for more underwater content in the future, a legendary breather would be more appropriate there and not feel wastedĀ 

Who cares who has wider community here. There are 3 way for every game mode to craft legendary backpack. There is none for aquabreather. Ā I have every legendary in the game except 3 underwater weapon and legendary aquabreather. Iā€™m waiting for underwater weapons to drop Wizard Vault, but there is still no option to craft aquabreather.

4 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

I honestly don't care about a Legendary Rebreather till all my skills work in water and there's actual water content taken seriously. IMO they should just delete them as equipment items entirely and have it a cosmetic only slot.

I would also be ok with taking aquabreathers away, though that would also mean that the sunken treasures would be pointless, so they would have to add a slot to add swimming infusions. Could be done on the amulet I reckon.

• Sad 1