Could we get an Aurene (gen3) spear? [Merged]

And also Aurene-themed Trident and Harpoon Gun!  I think that there should be matching Aquatic Weapons for all of the Terrestrial Weapon Sets & Skin Sets, at some point.   I like my characters to have their weapons be from the same set, or look close enough to each other, lol.   There's so many awesome designs!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, asket.5674 said:

Nah, give us a gen2 leg spear, some of us want to suffer.

Well, the new legendary spear that they are already planning will likely fit that definition. But gen3 legendaries have an overall theme/aesthetic so I do understand the request for a gen3 spear in particular. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

They won't retrofit a weaponset for a previous expansion. If you want a spear with the Aurene aura effect on the blade of it, get an Impaler of the Scion. You'd need to farm for it (Most likely places to get it would be either the Mistborn Coffers in Dragonfall, or you also have a chance to get the weaponbox from Dragonstorm) or maybe you've already got a Gift of Aurene box in your bank and weren't sure what to pick from it (This was me, that box was in my bank for about 3 years lol). With Landspear comming, it was a no-brainer for me to pick the spear from the box 🙂

• Confused 2

Adding gen 3 spear would make some sense considering gen 3 is supposed to share consistent theme for all the weapon types. The problem is, it would make sense for it to be acquired from EoD -similarly to the rest of the set- and it's doubtful they'll see a reason to retroactively add more legendaries to old expansions. Another con is that if they'd lean into spear joining aurene set, they'd probably also "need" to add the remaining variants to it.
Contrary to that...

On 6/8/2024 at 7:57 AM, asket.5674 said:

Nah, give us a gen2 leg spear, some of us want to suffer.

On 6/8/2024 at 9:30 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

If there's going to be an Aurene Spear, I want a gen 2 Spear as well.

...gen 2 legendaries don't share common theme, so considering the next expansion won't introduce any other legendary weapon besides the spear, you might as well consider JWilds legendary as "gen 2 filler".

But yeah, I don't think there's a reasonable chance for that happening anyways.

• Like 1

how hard isit to do? already have all the asset. since the gen3 weapon design is a cut out of the weapon shape and 99% effects.  here is the name too> aurenes spite, pike, wrath, revenge, resolve.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, quake.9023 said:

how hard isit to do? already have all the asset. since the gen3 weapon design is a cut out of the weapon shape and 99% effects.  here is the name too> aurenes spite, pike, wrath, revenge, resolve.

Well it won't be as hard as the initial release but then it's still a bit of work to put it into the game with all of the variant skins, because realistically, you'd have to make those as well. And I suppose they wouldn't want to do this before they add the new legendary spear to the game. But it does make sense to add it in any case. Maybe at the end of the expansion.

1 hour ago, Omega.6801 said:

"At the end of the expansion" is only three months before the next expansion so no one will have time for that.

Speak for yourself. Besides, you can prepare for it with mats because you know what they will take, so at the moment they would confirm that something like that would happen with the final release of JaWi, you have plenty of time. All it takes is mats after all. 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Speak for yourself. Besides, you can prepare for it with mats because you know what they will take, so at the moment they would confirm that something like that would happen with the final release of JaWi, you have plenty of time. All it takes is mats after all. 

I meant that no one on ANet's side has time to code/design/test/implement a new legendary because the next release is just around the corner. And yes, even if it is "just" an aurene legy it would still need some sort of coding, designing and testing to work properly.

• Like 1

All this talk about whether it'll take forever or it'll take no time or whatever is really not important. Yes it will take time to implement. Yes it may take more time than we expect. It may also take less time than we expect. What's really important is that it would be really cool if my Necromancer could stay on theme with Zhaitan and Jormag spears, and Fashion is the most important thing in Fashion Wars 2.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

On 6/12/2024 at 6:16 PM, Omega.6801 said:

I meant that no one on ANet's side has time to code/design/test/implement a new legendary because the next release is just around the corner. And yes, even if it is "just" an aurene legy it would still need some sort of coding, designing and testing to work properly.

Oh like that. Well, I'm sure they don't have time before the release of the expansion but after that they can make time for that. That's another reason I was referring to the 3rd/last update of the expansion

Edited by Gehenna.3625

I just entered the forum right now to post exactly same suggestion; thanks @zealex.9410 for doing that first.

One of the thing that I most like on gen3 legendaries is the "coerence" we do with all weapons having the same effect. Isn't cheap to make all facets again, but when I remember I'll get all ice/fire/water weapons (I like elemental thematic) I just have my motivation again... Please, ANet, make a gen3 spear for us...

Edited by Yer.8096
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sarrs.4831 said:

All this talk about whether it'll take forever or it'll take no time or whatever is really not important. Yes it will take time to implement. Yes it may take more time than we expect. It may also take less time than we expect. What's really important is that it would be really cool if my Necromancer could stay on theme with Zhaitan and Jormag spears, and Fashion is the most important thing in Fashion Wars 2.

Aditionally, for those who wants a thematic and didnt buy EoD yet, after Janthir Wilds launch, they will be motivated to buy it (yes, thematic can motivate a lot of people... Just remember that a lot of visual items are most expansive than the game itself!).