ranger spear gives stealth...if this spear has a leap finisher ranger will be unbeatable in a duel

Posted (edited)

smokescale stealth with leap or blast finisher, stealth from spear ability, stealth from longbow....stealth from longbow AGAIN using quick draw...

Edited by Eddie.9143
  • Like 9
  • Confused 7

Wait, you were expecting the new content for Ranger to not be a clusterkitten of terribly designed mechanics that caters to the absolute lowest common denominator? I'd be shocked if that weapon doesn't have a 900+ range gap closer, a 3 second immob, 2 forms of cc, a condi cleanse, and a duration block in it's kit.

• Like 11
  • Confused 9

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Its still funny to me people don't have a problem with LB force firing at 1700 units. If it isn't meta...

Need to face your opponent, most skills can get reflected or obstructed, is slow, 1 skill makes you immobile, 2 do not deal dmg. In short there are tons of ways to counter it. Strange how if you start looking at other professions with less range and way more versatility on their weapons they end up being used eh?

Edited by aymnad.9023
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, aymnad.9023 said:

Need to face your opponent, most skills can get reflected or obstructed, is slow, 1 skill makes you immobile, 2 do not deal dmg. In short there are tons of ways to counter it. Strange how if you start looking at other professions with less range and way more versatility on their weapons they end up being used eh?

Say what ever you like, but 1.8k auto attacks at 1700, cough, 1900.. is hilarious.

• Confused 4

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Say what ever you like, but 1.8k auto attacks at 1700, cough, 1900.. is hilarious.

Say whatever you like but there are tons of reasons / weaknesses explaining why it has only showed up in tournaments on 2 builds for more than 10 years (and 1 was only for the push).

Edited by aymnad.9023
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, aymnad.9023 said:

Say whatever you like but there are tons of reasons / weaknesses explaining why it has only showed up in tournaments on 2 builds for more than 10 years (and 1 was only for the push).

<mats/meta specs>                 <toxic mechanics>

Is that space between two seperate constructs just a blur to you or?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

5 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

<mats/meta specs>                 <toxic mechanics>

Is that space between two seperate constructs just a blur to you or?

Read all the counters again instead of trying to find an argument where there are none.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, aymnad.9023 said:

Read all the counters again instead of trying to find an argument where there are none.

Range is a counter to melee, and withought things like reflect melee would not stand a chance. LB at 1500 already outranges 99% of weapons/tps etc in the game so +400 on that and you see no problem? See no reason why it is held back? You see no reason for projectile counterplay? "Oh but reflects are so easy to use <insert tempest hate>" as if sittign back at 1500+ spamming ranged attacks is super hard and risky gameplay, worthy of complex counters.

I played hunter in wow, and in large bgs it absolutely dominated, top damage every single game with 0 risk, and absolutely toxic for the enemy melee, which is why they all hated those maps. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 7

Posted (edited)

Range is a counter to melee, and withought things like reflect melee would not stand a chance. LB at 1500 already outranges 99% of weapons/tps etc in the game so +400 on that and you see no problem? See no reason why it is held back? You see no reason for projectile counterplay? "Oh but reflects are so easy to use <insert tempest hate>" as if sittign back at 1500+ spamming ranged attacks is super hard and risky gameplay, worthy of complex counters.

So you agree there are many counters and people can deal with it. (edit : and so if range had to be decreased the weapon better get some usablility increase)

I played hunter in wow, and in large bgs it absolutely dominated, top damage every single game with 0 risk, and absolutely toxic for the enemy melee, which is why they all hated those maps. 

We are in gw2 not in wow so this is pointless. Good night

Edited by aymnad.9023
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, aymnad.9023 said:

So you agree there are many counters and people can deal with it. (edit : and so if range had to be decreased the weapon better get some usablility increase)

We are in gw2 not in wow so this is pointless. Good night

Blowing cds/dodges becuase a ranger is force firing 1.5-1.8k auto attacks @1500+ is toxic on maps where it is possible, ontop of that, the ranger can be standing on an unblockable trap, with one on cd to chain, or if the first one failed, which can shut down quite a few TP jumps for 0 effort. The only reason it isn't more toxic is becuase of the way the maps are, and that the dmg isn't high enough to be outright OP, just toxic. Lock that range to 1500, which is still outside most abilitys, and ranger still has traps, maces, bird kiting/stealth escape, etc. LB 4 could then maybe justify an unblockable buff. 1500 is still not a joke, its outside almost every ability range in the game, giving you 300 unit safety zone with 0 counterplay outside of projectile denial.

There is also nothing wrong with using the wow comparison, open maps + ranged specs very quickly become oppressive to melee heavy specs.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Confused 5

This will make me even more superior in combat than I already am. I can't even be defeated currently, and with a new ranged option I may be approaching my final form of skill. I've already achieved perfection in PVP.  Im arguably the best player in the world. 

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, rui falo.1097 said:

This will make me even more superior in combat than I already am. I can't even be defeated currently, and with a new ranged option I may be approaching my final form of skill. I've already achieved perfection in PVP.  Im arguably the best player in the world. 

You still owe me 2 gold for that free 🍿 though