So, the JW narrative is an alliance.

Malus.2184

While this means that the Norn emissary will most likely be unknown to us since we've never really engaged with Norn politics.

This makes me really worried that The Arcane Council emissary will be Phlunt, and if I have to work with Blunt for an entire expac I'll want to take him somewhere high up and then help him to achieve the fastest velocity possible going down.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Malus.2184 said:

While this means that the Norn emissary will most likely be unknown to us since we've never really engaged with Norn politics.

Ignoring the fact we see emissaries in one of the pictures, as Kalavier said, we actually have been engaged with norn politics on an international level before.

Caudecus's Manor story mode features Sigfast as a norn political emissary from Hoelbrak. The 2013 Dragon Bash had norn emissaries from Hoelbrak, as did Queen's Jubilee, though these were both new characters never seen again later (so far). And then Knut showed up in The World Summit during Season 2.

6 hours ago, Malus.2184 said:

This makes me really worried that The Arcane Council emissary will be Phlunt, and if I have to work with Blunt for an entire expac I'll want to take him somewhere high up and then help him to achieve the fastest velocity possible going down.

You can just barely see an asura hidden behind a podium in the screenshot Kalavier mentions. It isn't Phlunt.

It does, interestingly, include Ayumi, I assume behind Isgarren is our Canthan empress given Ayumi's positioning.

Also Broham shaved his beard.

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

That's a shame. It was a good look for him that made him look dependable. Shaved Braham is just some norn with mommy issues. Bearded Braham is norn of prophecy. Guess we'll have to go back to carrying him around.

3 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Ignoring the fact we see emissaries in one of the pictures, as Kalavier said, we actually have been engaged with norn politics on an international level before.

Caudecus's Manor story mode features Sigfast as a norn political emissary from Hoelbrak. The 2013 Dragon Bash had norn emissaries from Hoelbrak, as did Queen's Jubilee, though these were both new characters never seen again later (so far). And then Knut showed up in The World Summit during Season 2.

You can just barely see an asura hidden behind a podium in the screenshot Kalavier mentions. It isn't Phlunt.

It does, interestingly, include Ayumi, I assume behind Isgarren is our Canthan empress given Ayumi's positioning.

Apparently Braham has new dialogue this dragon bash, but I haven't talks to him yet.

49 minutes ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

Apparently Braham has new dialogue this dragon bash, but I haven't talks to him yet.

You can see him hanging out with some people, and when you talk to him about how he's enjoying Dragon Bash more this year he mentions how hes been trying to help people since the end of IBS, and lending a helping hand around Cragstead, and that he heard about what happened in Cantha and with Aurene.

2 hours ago, Zera.9435 said:

That's a shame. It was a good look for him that made him look dependable. Shaved Braham is just some norn with mommy issues. Bearded Braham is norn of prophecy. Guess we'll have to go back to carrying him around.

I'm hoping that was just an early development screenshot before they had a new model for him with his armor + beard, since the Braham in Dragon Bash if you completed EoD is his EoD epilogue appearance, beard and town clothing both.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Kestrel Zuru does not approve of this choice of representative, dragging Uncle Viri's name through the guano (I couldn't resist 😉).

9 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

The Asura looks like Councilor Ludo from the Arcane Council, who we haven't really interacted with much so far.

Edited by Poormany.4507

5 minutes ago, Poormany.4507 said:

Kestrel Zuru does not approve of this choice of representative, dragging Uncle Viri's name through the guano (I couldn't resist 😉).

The Asura looks like Councilor Ludo from the Arcane Council, who we haven't really interacted with much so far.

This is a place of dialogue, not a... den of iniquity!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

You can see him hanging out with some people, and when you talk to him about how he's enjoying Dragon Bash more this year he mentions how hes been trying to help people since the end of IBS, and lending a helping hand around Cragstead, and that he heard about what happened in Cantha and with Aurene.

Yep, it is nice he manage to move forward from his PTSD and been mostly a construction worker now. With the Dragon war over, more focus on rebuilding certain areas that took heavy hits from the long war is in demand. 

• Like 1