How do suffused obsidian objectives work? I lost rift energy charges.

Hello,
I've completed the 250 rift energy step to charge Runestone of Suffusion, but it got lost out of nowhere. Do we lose captured rift energy stacks somehow, like over time?
How do those blue objective charges work? Is there a way to lose them?

They're bugged. The numbers on them disappear, but the game tracks them internally regardless. Once a target is completed, it's done with and checks off on the achievement panel

My rift energy kept resetting and never showed hitting 250, but it ticked off anyway once I had actually done it

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

They're bugged. The numbers on them disappear, but the game tracks them internally regardless. Once a target is completed, it's done with and checks off on the achievement panel

My rift energy kept resetting and never showed hitting 250, but it ticked off anyway once I had actually done it

Ah, ok thank you. I was looking for a reason on the wiki page.

16 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I wish I would have known that sooner.  I got so frustrated seeing my count apparently getting reset, that I eventually gave up and bought the tincture to skip that step.

• Sad 1

On 6/10/2024 at 6:04 PM, Randulf.7614 said:

Somehow I doubt it. I've been doing Rifts for at least 3 hours total, Tier 1, 2 and 3, you name it, counter resets every time I change maps. I first trusted the "game tracks them regardless" but then nothing happened, 20, 30, 40 rifts in I started writing on a piece of paper how much I had on the counter before changing maps. By my count I should have gotten the charges three times over by now.

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Anyandrell.6238 said:

Somehow I doubt it. I've been doing Rifts for at least 3 hours total, Tier 1, 2 and 3, you name it, counter resets every time I change maps. I first trusted the "game tracks them regardless" but then nothing happened, 20, 30, 40 rifts in I started writing on a piece of paper how much I had on the counter before changing maps. By my count I should have gotten the charges three times over by now.

The reset bug is well documented and many people saw it tick off after reset

If you are seeing it not tick off at all, that’s either a diff or a new bug. I’d suggest reporting it through the bug tool, esp if you screenshot the buffs and log how many times you have done it so they can trace the issue (which you seem to be doing anyway)

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Anyandrell.6238 said:

The game tracks them even if the number on the boon bar is bugged.

The issue: tier 1 rifts are pretty much useless for the achievement with their minimal progression, T2 are not nuch better. The only noticeable progress you are going to see is with T3s. It's more than possible to complete 20-30 T1 and T2 combined and not have the 250 energy with a few low rolls.

Yes, I have Eternal Forgemaster done. It's simply bugged, trust me. 

• Like 1

On 6/11/2024 at 5:29 PM, Orion Templar.4589 said:

I wish I would have known that sooner.  I got so frustrated seeing my count apparently getting reset, that I eventually gave up and bought the tincture to skip that step.

The game is a buggy mess, and it is getting worse with each new patch.

My most recent discovery: For some reason, text windows (those that pop up when you interact with a letter or book) now pop up in a smaller size, then resize to the intended size on screen. That on top of the fact that reading such scriptures has been causing little game freezes for quite some time. Opening a buy window by interacting with a vendor or permanent contract often causes a short error message to pop up for a second (which most people are not aware of because their buy window is centered, thus covers the error message). @Rubi Bayer.8493

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 4

On 6/19/2024 at 6:16 AM, Randulf.7614 said:

The reset bug is well documented and many people saw it tick off after reset

If you are seeing it not tick off at all, that’s either a diff or a new bug. I’d suggest reporting it through the bug tool, esp if you screenshot the buffs and log how many times you have done it so they can trace the issue (which you seem to be doing anyway)

It didn't tick at all.

I solved it by taking almost 4 hours of not changing maps, I stayed in Amnytas and finally did it. As luck would have it towards the middle some angel with a catmander tag appeared and did some T2-T3s

• Confused 3

On 6/19/2024 at 9:00 PM, Anyandrell.6238 said:

My counter reset, showed I only had 4 rifts done. Did 2 t 3 rifts and got credit for finishing, so at least in some cases, it does continue to track the rifts. Can't say anything about your case, obviously, but it was definitely just a visual bug in mine.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Anyandrell.6238 said:

It didn't tick at all.

I solved it by taking almost 4 hours of not changing maps, I stayed in Amnytas and finally did it. As luck would have it towards the middle some angel with a catmander tag appeared and did some T2-T3s

Here:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Suffused_Obsidian:_Collect_Rift_Energy#:~:text=Suffused Obsidian%3A Collect Rift Energy is an effect applied by,by completing Rift Hunting events.&text=Completing a tier 2 rift,rift grants 39~50 stacks.

T1 rifts grant 2-5 energy stacks of the 250 needed. Even if you were to get 5 energy per rift each time, that still amounts to 50 rifts.

Assuning 15 rifts per hour you are still looking at 3.3 hours till completion (and at 3.5 energy per rift, which is the average here, you are looking st 4.7 hours).

If you were doing only T1 rifts, sitting around for 4 hours is exactly what you would be looking at, with bad luck even longer. T1 and T2 rifts at less than 15 rifts per hour would not be significantly faster.

Again: the achievement keeps counting even if displayed incorrectly.

FYI: T1 rifts are pretty much useless to do, T2 are still inefficient. Wait for someone to tag up for T3 rifts and be done with this step in around 30 minutes.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 3