How do suffused obsidian objectives work? I lost rift energy charges.

Hello,
I've completed the 250 rift energy step to charge Runestone of Suffusion, but it got lost out of nowhere. Do we lose captured rift energy stacks somehow, like over time?
How do those blue objective charges work? Is there a way to lose them?

They're bugged. The numbers on them disappear, but the game tracks them internally regardless. Once a target is completed, it's done with and checks off on the achievement panel

My rift energy kept resetting and never showed hitting 250, but it ticked off anyway once I had actually done it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

They're bugged. The numbers on them disappear, but the game tracks them internally regardless. Once a target is completed, it's done with and checks off on the achievement panel

My rift energy kept resetting and never showed hitting 250, but it ticked off anyway once I had actually done it

Ah, ok thank you. I was looking for a reason on the wiki page.

16 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I wish I would have known that sooner.  I got so frustrated seeing my count apparently getting reset, that I eventually gave up and bought the tincture to skip that step.