Warrior defenses keep getting nerfed, but it's all they have.

4 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

If you eat Lb4 (which is fine, hard to see) you can stunbreak it with earth overload then dodge>most of LB2, its not 80% hp at all. You then still have aftershock or focus mag, LB is hard countered and he should be swapping to melee at that point. If you have dagger OH, you also have blind from earth scepter and stun from 4 when he jumps melee, so you have countred his LB, and potentially negate some of initial melee jump with 1 attunement. Makes tempest sound pretty op when you put it like that.

That used to work.... Until mace came out. Now they can CC you through earth overload lol

41 minutes ago, HallMonitor.6392 said:

That used to work.... Until mace came out. Now they can CC you through earth overload lol

If they are not using LB then mag>earth overload makes no sense anyway, it would be better to dodge their first melee attack out of it. In the past it would have been easier, swap to air, ride out and scepter attack from fire, but ofc those days are gone, and now tempests have to suffer to ranger daze spam to compensate for the PTSD they got from mag spam 😜 

Edited by Flowki.7194

3 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

If they are not using LB then mag>earth overload makes no sense anyway, it would be better to dodge their first melee attack out of it. In the past it would have been easier, swap to air, ride out and scepter attack from fire, but ofc those days are gone, and now tempests have to suffer to ranger daze spam to compensate for the PTSD they got from mag spam 😜 

They run LB and Mace/Mace now.... They just win the rock/paper/scissors now because of the maces. Yeah the LB with Sw/WH or GS was easy to beat. But mace/mace wrecks

Edited by HallMonitor.6392

Just now, HallMonitor.6392 said:

They run LB and Mace/Mace now.... They just win the rock/paper/scissors now because of the maces.

Well, they removed ranged condi for tempest so no suprise crept power wins at all ranges now. Thing is, tempest scepter condi was easy to cleanse, you take a stun, break it, cleanse the amazing 1 condi type, then put it on the back foot with an instant 8k power crit <then act like power is so punishing>

what's the super tanky core war ppl are running?

i just run into 1 today

mace/warhorn staff

defense 123

tactics 332 or maybe str 232

disc 233

defiant stance, doly signet, shake it off, stomp, signet of rage

avatar, dolyak, not sure which relic, double cleanse energy

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Pttf.2467 that sir is a supp warr build xp.  i would prefer Sword over Mace cause mace is omega useless (against peops that know how warr works). 

I'm trying to figure out the build, not saying that's the build i played against. Mace gives you more stab compared to sword, maybe it runs rabid cuz you know, you want to unkillable and even with avatar you wouldn't kill ppl anyways.

Also considering anything your option it can't be something far from this 

The only things i'm sure are defiant stance, weapon set and stomp (to decap bit by bit). I left as soon I realized i wouldn't move it from node and forgot to check buffs under the hp bar.

@Pttf.2467 the thing with mace mainhand is that you kind of need to stay in your enemy to hit both you burst and pummel Dash (3skill) while the burst one even got a long Animation xp. That been said i think its only good for as you just said staying in the point xp also you might gonna struggle abit against conditions and Builds that actually do dmg ^^

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2024 at 5:20 AM, Pttf.2467 said:

what's the super tanky core war ppl are running?

i just run into 1 today

mace/warhorn staff

defense 123

tactics 332 or maybe str 232

disc 233

defiant stance, doly signet, shake it off, stomp, signet of rage

avatar, dolyak, not sure which relic, double cleanse energy

Sounds like the new warrior support builds are coming online.

Usually run with a sword/Warhorn - Staff setup and shouts and banners, surprisingly effective unless they dont get CC:d to oblivion.

On 6/13/2024 at 6:21 PM, Kitty.4806 said:

Warrior has no stealth, shadowstep, or the other things the meta classes have. It wad only barely meta because it had decent defense. But then you all cried about it because you couldn't outplay it.

the warrios "design" allows to 100% disable the keyboard and mouse of the opposite player for secure win. 

remove this bad unprofessional design and we can talk what else warriors can get...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/17/2024 at 6:57 PM, roederich.2716 said:

the warrios "design" allows to 100% disable the keyboard and mouse of the opposite player for secure win. 

remove this bad unprofessional design and we can talk what else warriors can get...

Every profession can do it, they just don't cause they have the damage to kill people on other weapons, as to why people that play warrior do it , warrior just doesn't do kitten outside of cc and tanking damage. I bet you that all the cc mains currently would be doing bayblade berserker or gs dagger spb if it did big kitten damage like the rest of the professions if it was an option. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Vancho.8750 currently you can absolutely do dmg on warr..... Just go off from the defence line and Go for strength instead and you gonna see what i mean xp

You will get blown up by every teleport monkey in the game that has bonus 30 seconds of defenses. The game is stupid and stupid kitten like that deserves brick warrior/ranger or whatever on the sides.  

• Like 2

On 6/18/2024 at 5:00 PM, Vancho.8750 said:

You will get blown up by every teleport monkey in the game that has bonus 30 seconds of defenses. The game is stupid and stupid kitten like that deserves brick warrior/ranger or whatever on the sides.  

Not only this but you will also not hit the teleport monkeys because all of them proactively blind you when using attacks or can instaproc weakness on you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, MindWipe.3028 said:

i just watched black samuari hold far node outnumbered until the enemy team gave up.

his build only capitalize in an age where 95% of the player base don't use brain power tbh, he's betting on your team to have at least 2 braindead players, which happens more often than not now.

his build does no damage. you can literally send any semi tanky build to perma hold a point against him 1v1, or even win 1v1 if it's condition based side noder.

but now you would just have 2-3 people chasing him for 5 mins because their brain is not wired to proceed until the target is killed apparently, and full heal him every time by skill spamming through defiant stance..

but i guess, warrior when fully built defensive only, is the most tanky as warrior requires the most sustain to function.

i guess decap war can be a thing now.

Nothing was nerfed on Warrior aside from maybe the Restorative Strength trait... But most people took Peak Performance or Brave Stride (Bladesworn) anyway.

The most recent things I can think of being nerfed on Warrior was the Staff F1 due to Spellbreaker being able to double-dip the benefits with the combination of Full Counter resetting it and Weakness. Even then, all they did was reduce the healing of the tier 1 burst.

Berserker can still benefit from max tier without sacrificing much, thanks to clever timing. And Spellbreaker still has plenty of sustain anyway, plus their damage is great with Impale having high damage.

With the changes to Martial Cadence, we might actually see Staff Spellbreaker be a lot more menacing in the upcoming times. Especially with Heretic Amulet coming out.