This Is Lame

30 minutes ago, Stone.6751 said:

Isn't it kind of boring to run around trying to chase down a squad half your size and roll over it in a 5-second fight? That can't be engaging content, or at least not for long

I don't enjoy it and I know a lot of other players who don't enjoy it either. But there are also a few guilds who enjoy waiting inside a tower/keep and not hitting the boss, for example, in order to farm the inexperienced defenders who come in one by one. Or the small groups of 3-6 players who pick out individual inexperienced players to gank them.

So there are definitely players/guilds/zergs who want really good and epic fights and there are those who really just want PPT karma trains and player farming.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Zok.4956 said:

But there are also a few guilds who enjoy waiting inside a tower/keep and not hitting the boss, for example, in order to farm the inexperienced defenders who come in one by one.

You mean like this:

5 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

You mean like this:

Nope. I was talking more about 5v1 gank squads or 30v5 in a tower/keep. But I think you already understood that and were just looking for a reason to post the video.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/15/2024 at 4:14 PM, Caffynated.5713 said:

To be fair, being linked with Ebay is enough to make any server want to give up and uninstall. 

You mean because we carried the last 3 servers (including Mag) we were linked with?

• Confused 8

It's pretty obvious this system is flawed. When a server has more than double the points of the 2nd placed one and triple of the 3rd, when you're outnumbered on every map and have a blob at your spawn, that speaks how trash this all is.

"Give them time to settle" - yeah meanwhile everyone has already stopped playing this.

• Like 9
  • Confused 2

all the problems we predicted, and were ignored by anet.

all the problems we experienced in betas, and were ignored by anet.

oh look, all those problems have occurred.

who would have thought? oh wait, everyone but anet. do they even play this game?

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

On 6/16/2024 at 12:09 AM, One more for the road.8950 said:

Not sure what meta has to do with population. 

Literally the major issues outside of completely broken split of population? If the players on the underpopulated/less organised server are just boon balled to death without the slightest change even to get one kill just because you didnt bring an equal sized boon ball or cloud them with at least 1.5 the numbers of the boon ball for a slight chance,  they just dont give a kitten anymore after some time, either switching map or just logging off completely. There is a reason why dodging complete matchups became so popular in this meta, even from guilds who would describe themselve as fighting guild

Edited by lindstroem.3601
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

You mean because we carried the last 3 servers (including Mag) we were linked with?

Note to self stop reading forums while drinking. Why yes most of this stuff is funny but you might come across something you weren't expecting and burst out laughing XD

• Haha 5

On 6/15/2024 at 4:39 AM, Ronin.4501 said:

And I'm sorry if you weren't proactive and took the several weeks prior to WR to start forming an alliance guild, but many of us did and we're better off for it.

Note to self, be more proactive about touching grass, because expecting ANET to formally inform players of changes through in-game... in-game mail... like every other game developer... IS SIMPLY UNHEARD OF😆

Am I missing something? Major game mode CHANGED... and we got no "Hey, here's how this new system will work" like any game worth its weight. Usually you login this kind of game, and get... I unno... IN-GAME TOOLTIPSSSSS. 🤪

ANET version of updating content: *Logs in* something has changed... "Hey what happened to WvW? How do I set my guild? I have to represent a guild AND set it as my WvW guild? Does the [Join Team] button even work? THIS LASTS 40 DAYS???"

• Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Omegacide.8649 said:

ANET version of updating content: *Logs in* something has changed... "Hey what happened to WvW? How do I set my guild? I have to represent a guild AND set it as my WvW guild? Does the [Join Team] button even work? THIS LASTS 40 DAYS???"

Kinda.

besides: the guild you represent has not to be the one that sets your team (that’s the one you set ip as wvw guild with the clock-symbol).

that‘s what i heard.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Omegacide.8649 said:

Note to self, be more proactive about touching grass, because expecting ANET to formally inform players of changes through in-game... in-game mail... like every other game developer... IS SIMPLY UNHEARD OF😆

Am I missing something? Major game mode CHANGED... and we got no "Hey, here's how this new system will work" like any game worth its weight. Usually you login this kind of game, and get... I unno... IN-GAME TOOLTIPSSSSS. 🤪

This a meme post, right?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2