Every sub after the spear stream:

OUR SPEAR IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST. 

Ranger spear? Trash

Ele spear? Horrible I cant see kitten

Thief spear? We deff got the weakest one.

Guard spear? Why doesnt it do as much dmg as the others?

Feedback and all is fine lol but if i go by the forums it seems like every weapon should be scrapped and rebuilt from the ground up.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 8

guardian spear is so good. You have no sustain, no hard cc, no soft cc, no evade, no blocks, no stealth, no blast or leap finishers and all except one skill are melee. But as a tradeoff it at least doesn't deal a lot of damage. kitten that's good.

Edited by Ferus.3165
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

I'm completely overwhelmed (in a positive way) from the spear skill showcase. I can't tell when we had well crafted weaponskills of that quality the last time. SotO weapons on the other hand... felt like a cheapily put together scrap pile. Some are nice, but in terms of visuals they have nothing unique to them. Spears on the other hand look like gw3

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Ferus.3165 said:

guardian spear is so good. You have no sustain, no hard cc, no soft cc, no evade, no blocks, no stealth, no blast or leap finishers and all except one skill are melee. But as a tradeoff it at least doesn't deal a lot of damage. kitten that's good.

isnt guardians Spear also the only spear that actually has healing on it though? lol as far as im aware Guardians are supposed to be a Support / Damage hybrid..

2 hours ago, Magmi.6723 said:

isnt guardians Spear also the only spear that actually has healing on it though? lol as far as im aware Guardians are supposed to be a Support / Damage hybrid..

you neither get the 200 hp from the autoattack nor the 900 hp from spear two. The healing is only for allies

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ferus.3165 said:

you neither get the 200 hp from the autoattack nor the 900 hp from spear two. The healing is only for allies

It also has Cleanse, Aswell as illuminate effects which add additional healing, and Yes its healing for allies, thats the point of it being a Support hybrid weapon. that u also supply your allies with support. 

The only thing I find concerning with the new spears is the fact that the effect colors on Guardian, Ranger, and Engineer are wrong… Guardian spear is using Ranger Green, Ranger spear is using Necromancer Green, and Engineer spear is using Warrior Orange…

Guardian skills have always been that same signature blue color… Ranger skills have always been a more naturey yellow-green… and Engineer skills have never adheared to a class color pallete, they have always been colored per their effect…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magmi.6723 said:

It also has Cleanse, Aswell as illuminate effects which add additional healing, and Yes its healing for allies, thats the point of it being a Support hybrid weapon. that u also supply your allies with support. 

Yeah, but most support skills in the game that affect allies can also target the user. This is the odd support option out of the norm. It also seriously diminishes the weapon's sustain and capabilities for using when solo... for reasons? I mean, why not let solo guards use it too? How is that going to hurt anyone?

Edited by Gaiawolf.8261
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

Yeah, but most support skills in the game that affect allies can also target the user. This is the odd support option out of the norm. It also seriously diminishes the weapon's sustain and capabilities for using when solo... for reasons? I mean, why not let solo guards use it too? How is that going to hurt anyone?

Well true, but mesmer Rifle was done the same way, where its very focused on the Supporting allies function. On the side of solo capability, but lets not also forget, the Guardian spear also has lot more offensive capability then support weapons, if we look at something like druids staff, The guardians spear does more... so Its likely the trade off taken here for balance reasons realistically. 

Unfortunately to the second part. Support weapons tend to have this problem, I dislike support weapons for this reason, but the other side of the opinon love them.

Edited by Magmi.6723

22 hours ago, zealex.9410 said:

OUR SPEAR IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST. 

Ranger spear? Trash

Ele spear? Horrible I cant see kitten

Thief spear? We deff got the weakest one.

Guard spear? Why doesnt it do as much dmg as the others?

Feedback and all is fine lol but if i go by the forums it seems like every weapon should be scrapped and rebuilt from the ground up.

you are stretching it so much

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

16 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

you are stretching it so much

I wouldnt say so, ironically you can actually find these as Topic titles in the profession sub sections.

at the end of the day, its a mmorpg, there's Lots of us who play it, who want completely different things. Unfortunately it means someone's going to be let down by the product, the forums are primarily used to express things we are unhappy with so its not really surprising 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magmi.6723 said:

Well true, but mesmer Rifle was done the same way, where its very focused on the Supporting allies function. On the side of solo capability, but lets not also forget, the Guardian spear also has lot more offensive capability then support weapons, if we look at something like druids staff, The guardians spear does more... so Its likely the trade off taken here for balance reasons realistically. 

Unfortunately to the second part. Support weapons tend to have this problem, I dislike support weapons for this reason, but the other side of the opinon love them.

Yeah, the mesmer rifle isn't great for solo play and has to stay in its place to be effective. At least it's ranged, so it comes with intrinsic defense, but damage isn't great. Its damage could, and should, be improved and absolutely no one would gripe over it. At least on the auto.

I'm not sure what leaving a bit of sustain off the guardian spear will prove. It wouldn't do much to overbalance the weapon at all if it heals you too, considering its lower damage, and it would give self-sustain to classes like FB and DH that are lacking that playstyle (wb doesn't need it, and it would be a DPS loss anyway, so no issue there). No one is going to complain over classes that struggle with sustain in some solo content getting some help staying alive, especially if they are not topping the clear speed charts, and it wouldn't change group dynamics one bit.

• Confused 3

15 minutes ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

Yeah, the mesmer rifle isn't great for solo play and has to stay in its place to be effective. At least it's ranged, so it comes with intrinsic defense, but damage isn't great. Its damage could, and should, be improved and absolutely no one would gripe over it. At least on the auto.

Actually there would be a problem.

Making support builds do more damage, is Further power creep in a game thats already at a Point where its damaging.

15 minutes ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

I'm not sure what leaving a bit of sustain off the guardian spear will prove. It wouldn't do much to overbalance the weapon at all if it heals you too, considering its lower damage, and it would give self-sustain to classes like FB and DH that are lacking that playstyle (wb doesn't need it, and it would be a DPS loss anyway, so no issue there). No one is going to complain over classes that struggle with sustain in some solo content getting some help staying alive, especially if they are not topping the clear speed charts, and it wouldn't change group dynamics one bit.

tbh the weapon really isnt low damage for a Support weapon, if your comparing it to DPS Alternatives sure, but a Support weapon shouldnt be doing a DPS level Damage realistically, 

It would not surprise me if it did during the beta also affect the guardian, I could imagine adding further sustain to WB in SPVP could be problematic, but we'll wait and see thats separately balanceable regardless. however, most weapons are bad atleast at something, I Dont think because its not a optimal Solo weapon Makes it bad either. 

Just like i'd question Mesmers or elementalists spear in SPVP due to the additional Aiming / Positional Requirements. 

Nor do i think 1 weapon should be used everywhere, the purpose of the options existence is for different weapons / stats being useful in different game modes, if spear just outright kills every other option in the game, it isnt exactly any better. 

Edited by Magmi.6723
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Magmi.6723 said:

Actually there would be a problem.

Making support builds do more damage, is Further power creep in a game thats already at a Point where its damaging.

tbh the weapon really isnt low damage for a Support weapon, if your comparing it to DPS Alternatives sure, but a Support weapon shouldnt be doing a DPS level Damage realistically, 

It would not surprise me if it did during the beta also affect the guardian, I could imagine adding further sustain to WB in SPVP could be problematic, but we'll wait and see thats separately balanceable regardless. however, most weapons are bad atleast at something, I Dont think because its not a optimal Solo weapon Makes it bad either. 

Just like i'd question Mesmers or elementalists spear in SPVP due to the additional Aiming / Positional Requirements. 

Nor do i think 1 weapon should be used everywhere, the purpose of the options existence is for different weapons / stats being useful in different game modes, if spear just outright kills every other option in the game, it isnt exactly any better. 

I never said it should do as much as a DPS weapon. It shouldn't. But it should still be a viable option when going solo.

I don't really see it being useful in many spvp builds. Maybe. TBH, it looks most like a wvw weapon to me with the heal on auto, support rush, #4 bomb, and resistance on the symbol. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

I never said it should do as much as a DPS weapon. It shouldn't. But it should still be a viable option when going solo.

I'm pretty certain it'd be a viable option when soloing, Even berserker Weaver Can do solo content and that's literally dead level sustain. People run around open world doing 2k DPS and are fine for Most of the actual Solo content realistically, I doubt it'll be optimal for open world though, but no support weapon really is. as i say its possible the healing affects not affecting the player may change,  i guess it'll come down to if Its actually any good.

WB as a Full elite during beta was MASSIVELY Disliked and accused of being terrible due to its sustain and more, it launched and was busted AF ANd become At the very top of meta, With harbinger, another elite that went into Beta with people screeching is Terrible. If its terrible it'll prolly get fixed, Guardians rarely get left to eat Dirt due the popularity being so high Anet have to pay attention to it. 

5 minutes ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

I don't really see it being useful in many spvp builds. Maybe. TBH, it looks most like a wvw weapon to me with the heal on auto, support rush, #4 bomb, and resistance on the symbol. 

eeeh in SPVP Damage tends to matter less and More sustain / Burst Damage, Which spear does lend itself into If it gave the Class a Offensive way with Sustain on, I'd imagine it could become Quite a favourite in SPVP. 

Edited by Magmi.6723
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Magmi.6723 said:

I'm pretty certain it'd be a viable option when soloing, Even berserker Weaver Can do solo content and that's literally dead level sustain. People run around open world doing 2k DPS and are fine for Most of the actual Solo content realistically, I doubt it'll be optimal for open world though, but no support weapon really is. 

eeeh in SPVP Damage tends to matter less and More sustain / Burst Damage, Which spear does lend itself into If it gave the Class a Offensive way with Sustain on, I'd imagine it could become Quite a favourite in SPVP. 

LOL 2k DPS. Okay.... I'd be happy if they just put some self-sustain on it, even if the damage is mediocre. Guards have enough pure support weapons, and they have enough pure dps/cc weapons. It doesn't have to be optimal dps, just a reasonable alternative. It looks too fun and cool for me NOT to use it when traversing the world. 😄

IF they give the wielder some sustain on it, then I can see it being used in spvp, but without it? I'm not sure. You may be right. I'll be testing it in wvw for sure.

• Confused 1

On 6/22/2024 at 3:34 AM, Beddo.1907 said:

This happens every time we get anything. If someone is negative, they will tell that to everyone and if someone is positive, they have better things to do.

I like how this tries to rationalize away negative feedback. What about those who feel so negative about something, they also dont comment, as they are busy playing something else? And what about the positive threads?

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Panda.1967 said:

The only thing I find concerning with the new spears is the fact that the effect colors on Guardian, Ranger, and Engineer are wrong… Guardian spear is using Ranger Green, Ranger spear is using Necromancer Green, and Engineer spear is using Warrior Orange…

Guardian skills have always been that same signature blue color… Ranger skills have always been a more naturey yellow-green… and Engineer skills have never adheared to a class color pallete, they have always been colored per their effect…

Guardian spear is yellow with blue, exactly like the Firebrand F3 tome skills and one of the mantras i believe, there is no actual green. Ranger on the other hand is a bit too teal compared to everything else, that's true it should be more yellow-green. But engineer again is using the same yellows and browns that the hammer electricity also had, to not be easily mistaken with Ele white-purple lightning.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

like how this tries to rationalize away negative feedback. What about those who feel so negative about something, they also dont comment, as they are busy playing something else? And what about the positive threads

It isn’t rationalising anything it’s just the strict truth

no matter what comes, there will be a audience who don’t like it, trying to change the weapon to fit that audiences just annoys the other audience 

you can never launch a product 100% of people like. 

it is a support weapon, and unfortunately it’s very common for those weapons, to see negative feedback because they’re useable in about 10% of content by 2 builds, 

but people also get mad when they don’t get a support weapon. Look at necro, we are mechanically built for all support to be loaded into our mechanic, so every weapon is DPS based, sounds like bliss ye? Every weapon works in all builds. 

nah, people mad AF we didn’t get a healing weapon. But you know if we did the other side would go mad at the fact it’s useless to them 

I do agree with you, I don’t like support weapons, I find they overall change a very small amount of builds, and they’re barely useful to the vast majority of players don’t mistake this. 

id be mad if necro got a healing weapon for that precise reason, I made a necro solely because one doesn’t exist. I ain’t saying your wrong, support weapons have very little impact and In my honest opinion shouldn’t be coming out outside elite specs. 

the reason spectre and scourge can thrive is due to this. Because apart of an elite spec makes it ALOT easier to allow things to fill more then 1 role without it becoming insane through trade offs via traits. 

I kinda wish they’d add traits to kinda pull these weapons into the core design more, to allow this. So things like guardian spear could fit DPS roles. 

I think they hit the nail on the head with necro and its support options coming from its mechanics, really. It opens weapons up to freely be used and makes options not feel bad.

i don’t know why they didn’t make guardian spear based on target if it heals or deals damage, alike spectre this means it could be a higher DPs option because the healing isn’t a automatic factor to balance. 

Edited by Magmi.6723
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Zirou.8624 said:

Hill I'll die on, all spears should of had the range/melee hybrid AA

Have to admit, it’s weird they gave this to 3 different classes and not everyone. 

id of gotten it with engi / ele as they have no weapon swap, but its been added to classes with weapon swap so have separate ranged options, so why can’t all have it. 

• Confused 1