Infusion stacking is broken [Merged]

5 hours ago, Mike.7983 said:

Missing 8 infusions over 10,000g worth id like to be able to see.  Understand bugs take time to fix but over a month really?

They're in full on "quick finish xpac in time" mode and we probably won't see anything on this until after JW release.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Vegeta.2563 said:

They're in full on "quick finish xpac in time" mode and we probably won't see anything on this until after JW release.

They fixed todays emote in a few hours....Def "can" fix it, just choose not to give it any priority.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, the alex.2783 said:

gw2 has a lot of bugs, they will tell you that they are actively working to resolve the bug, but 5 weeks later it still won't be fixed, if it hits the store it will be fixed in 24 hours

Really?  I wonder why there are still posts about the Skyscale skin(s) that are bugged.  Or why Rubi/other Devs post about resolving bugs that they have 'looked into'.  🤷‍♂️

• Confused 3

It is actually funny that we get a festival that a big portion of the playerbase likes  for the infusion aspect ( that we can "gamble" our materials for boxes that contain infusions) and the infusion bug is not yet fixed. Like, you know the exact date the bug happened and you should have an idea on how it occured. Why does it take so long? I guess they aren't even working on it righjt now. its August and of course its vacation time but at least give us  details on when we should expect a fix ( Like, JW patch? later?) 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

guys, I'm not trying to be a pessimist here even If its a month already but from my understanding this issue will or may be delayed longer than expected. I'm not sure of that, it's just my prediction by looking on priorities. I would be not surprised if Devs took a whole team to finish Janthir Wilds on time. And even when new expansion will be released just look (SoTO) when arrived, there was still some work unfinished like some events etc, at that time we had client update literally every day so its a big chance in this case history will repeat, which pushes our problem behind a curtain. And please don't act like we've lost our infusions, they are still there unfortunately we can't show off now. I do still believe in them and would be great to hear anything from Arena

• Sad 2

For Chak/Queen Bee, if the trail still stacks, who cares about the particle effect?  

The trail is the cool part. Running around with 8x chak and 8x queen bee looking like you've got a LASER chasing you around.  

The mess of stupid particles shitstorming around your character are ultra-trash and should just be removed from the infusions themselves.

Unfortunate that this shafts others, like symphony/everbloom/liquid aurillium, because those really should stack the particles. And Confetti, of course, should stack particles (though it didn't previously either).

Would be great if they allocated more shader slots to the skin infusions as well. Probably the single nicest thing to do with infusions in this game is to stack the skin ones together in unique ways to create interesting characters, but certain ones always overriding others (mystic > winter's heart) is such a bummer, and others occupy the same 'layer' and swap at will (joten <> stoneskin).  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 6/28/2024 at 6:01 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hey all, just confirming what our CS team said: We are aware and some people are digging into this to try and find the source of the problem. Thank you for flagging it!

Any update on this? I spent $5000 on cosmetics in your game that now don't work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey there all, I wanted to let you know that I have asked for an update on this issue and will let you know when I hear back. 

Everyone is working hard to prepare for the launch of Janthir Wilds, but this is still on peoples' radar too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Aaron Forestman.4758 said:

It's wonderful that this is still "broken". The break from having quite as many globs of particles wandering around has given us breathing room to appreciate the tasteful fashion and well-made design of the rest of the game.

Yes, 'cause my three Everbloom infusions look totally like "globs of particles": https://i.imgur.com/kutGNUU.jpg  :classic_huh:

What the heck, Aaron?

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Aaron Forestman.4758 said:

It's wonderful that this is still "broken". The break from having quite as many globs of particles wandering around has given us breathing room to appreciate the tasteful fashion and well-made design of the rest of the game.

Only say that if you have zero infusions, people who have spent tens of thousands of gold would disagree with your comment. Do hope it is fixed soon though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Values.5278 said:

For Chak/Queen Bee, if the trail still stacks, who cares about the particle effect?  

The trail is the cool part. Running around with 8x chak and 8x queen bee looking like you've got a LASER chasing you around.  

The mess of stupid particles shitstorming around your character are ultra-trash and should just be removed from the infusions themselves.

Unfortunate that this shafts others, like symphony/everbloom/liquid aurillium, because those really should stack the particles. And Confetti, of course, should stack particles (though it didn't previously either).

Would be great if they allocated more shader slots to the skin infusions as well. Probably the single nicest thing to do with infusions in this game is to stack the skin ones together in unique ways to create interesting characters, but certain ones always overriding others (mystic > winter's heart) is such a bummer, and others occupy the same 'layer' and swap at will (joten <> stoneskin).  

In psychology, economics and philosophy, preference is a technical term usually used in relation to choosing between alternatives. For example, someone prefers A over B if they would rather choose A than B. Preferences are central to decision theory because of this relation to behavior. Some methods such as Ordinal Priority Approach use preference relation for decision-making. As connative states, they are closely related to desires. The difference between the two is that desires are directed at one object while preferences concern a comparison between two alternatives, of which one is preferred to the other.

11 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hey there all, I wanted to let you know that I have asked for an update on this issue and will let you know when I hear back. 

Everyone is working hard to prepare for the launch of Janthir Wilds, but this is still on peoples' radar too. 

On 7/30/2024 at 10:13 PM, Vegeta.2563 said:

lol called it

• Like 1

On 8/2/2024 at 8:53 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

So, did you hear back after all? It seriously sucks to have that kind of bug especially in the most infusion related festival of all.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, eldrin.6471 said:

This will become one of those permanent bugs GW2 is so famous for.Why would they care about money people already spent.

They want new money. Go buy the expansion.

Oof, in that case they sould at least make the unpacked infusions tradeable, because what is the point of owning three Everblooms when only one is showing? Seriously, I hope this will get fixed, everything else is unacceptable.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

IMO the bug will eventually be fixed, but I highly doubt it will be fixed this year.

Rubi's reaction can be interpreted as "everyone's very busy with JW so it's hard to get a hold of someone who could give an indication as to when they expect the bug to be fixed", but it can also be interpreted as "everyone's very busy with JW, this bug remains on our radar, but it's not a high priority at the moment". Or both. Either way, it's an answer meant to please the masses, not comfort those few players affected by the bug.

The regular Joe wants new content and would have Anet's QA/QC team focus on releasing a bug-free new expansion and focus on bugs related to the new expansion rather than fixing some bugged items that are out of their grasp anyway.  Moreover, some people are even happy the cosmetic infusions are bugged (no surprises there). Apparently it is not due to spite, jealousy and small mindedness, but because they're no longer affected by the visual defecation created by over stacking cosmetic infusions. Right.

Despite Anet's announcement from a while ago apologizing for the (then) state of the game with continuous crashes and bugged content claiming it's due to the game being old and although they have each and every patch tested things can always go wrong once they press the release to live button, I wouldn't be surprised if they still don't have a dedicated team focusing only on fixing the existing 12 years of content. They mostly likely have the same personnel test and fix new and old content. Otherwise, why would you claim the slow fixes and slow responses are due to people working hard on the new expansion.

Giving their current vision to release new content more often in smaller pieces instead of big chunks every few years, I wonder what's gonna happen with the existing (bugged) content, if  testing and fixing new content keeps getting prioritized over fixing what we already have.

Anyhow, learn to live with it and see you all in game.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Adegard.8317 said:

IMO the bug will eventually be fixed, but I highly doubt it will be fixed this year.

Rubi's reaction can be interpreted as "everyone's very busy with JW so it's hard to get a hold of someone who could give an indication as to when they expect the bug to be fixed", but it can also be interpreted as "everyone's very busy with JW, this bug remains on our radar, but it's not a high priority at the moment". Or both. Either way, it's an answer meant to please the masses, not comfort those few players affected by the bug.

The regular Joe wants new content and would have Anet's QA/QC team focus on releasing a bug-free new expansion and focus on bugs related to the new expansion rather than fixing some bugged items that are out of their grasp anyway.  Moreover, some people are even happy the cosmetic infusions are bugged (no surprises there). Apparently it is not due to spite, jealousy and small mindedness, but because they're no longer affected by the visual defecation created by over stacking cosmetic infusions. Right.

Despite Anet's announcement from a while ago apologizing for the (then) state of the game with continuous crashes and bugged content claiming it's due to the game being old and although they have each and every patch tested things can always go wrong once they press the release to live button, I wouldn't be surprised if they still don't have a dedicated team focusing only on fixing the existing 12 years of content. They mostly likely have the same personnel test and fix new and old content. Otherwise, why would you claim the slow fixes and slow responses are due to people working hard on the new expansion.

Giving their current vision to release new content more often in smaller pieces instead of big chunks every few years, I wonder what's gonna happen with the existing (bugged) content, if  testing and fixing new content keeps getting prioritized over fixing what we already have.

Anyhow, learn to live with it and see you all in game.

I have a little doubt when you say that they are not jealous and small mindedness of the effects of other players since the effects you can remove in the options, no ? 

• Confused 1