Sunken Treasure Week design and timing looks good

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The patch that did this went live after the weekly reset. Thus, one would need to wait till the end of this week for it to happen.

I don't think so -it's part of the 25.06 patch notes, so this monday should be the first time the chests reset.

Posted (edited)

Fair enough. Indeed, the reset should have happened at least once since then, but did not. Although it is possible those changes only went in alongside the event itself. We'll see Monday, i guess.

(tbh, i sort of forgot the patch was last week, and the event was just activated Tuesday with no patch of its own :P)

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

(tbh, i sort of forgot the patch was last week, and the event was just activated Tuesday with no patch of its own :P)

Yeah, understandable. I don't even know if the reset is really bugged, it's all based on what someone else wrote in this thread and it sounds like it is. 😄 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1

Whelp, had 21 keys stocked up, with rewarded keys and such opened 44 chests yesterday. Though I will say, loaded character in Domain of Istan to start using keys... and the Palawadan, Jewel of Istan event was starting... so took part in that.  While opening chests ended up doing a Ley-Line event, a Scarlet Invasion and a Bloodstone crazed creature showed up. So, had a few distractions to keep me amused.

Note, a few of the treasure chests are in new locations (at least from my memory)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KerryTT.4792 said:

Note, a few of the treasure chests are in new locations (at least from my memory)

Yes, some were moved to get them out of quaggan villages and away from (most) events.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

That also was in the patchnotes a week ago:

• The locations of some sunken chests have been adjusted within the map they are located in, primarily where they overlapped with quaggan villages.
    • Hint cinematics for the chests have been updated.
Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2024 at 1:17 PM, Image.8630 said:

Exhausted, I bet.  😜  

Yes, I was. 😉 But since I still had around 240 keys (I guess from the Krait in WvW) in my bank that I wanted to use (what else are they good for),  I parked today 10 alts at the 10 chests and then I could burn through the chests quite fast.  

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Zok.4956 said:

Yes, I was. 😉 But since I still had around 240 keys (I guess from the Krait in WvW) in my bank that I wanted to use (what else are they good for),  I parked today 10 alts at the 10 chests and then I could burn through the chests quite fast.  

That's a cunning plan! I've been cycling around them - takes about 5 mins with all the WPs in chat, so not that bad, but, given I have to do it 10 times to use all my keys, alts would have been a good idea. Only got 3 more runs to do now, though, so I think I'll stick with what I'm doing now  😖

On 7/2/2024 at 6:04 PM, Luthan.5236 said:

Nice combination. Especially since people will want the spear for JW. And it might increase the supply of infusions on the TP. (Maybe the highest level infusion will be obtainable by a few selected players that have a lot of money ... if the price drops and other players supply the low level infusions. :D)

Current supply on TP is around 50,000, in order to make the top tier +30 infusion you need a total of 1,048,576 +10 infusions. You'd have to empty the TP supply twenty times over to make one.

Even without supply being the issue, and even if prices drop back to around 25s (at time of posting cheapest sell is 37s and you'd need even more to buy up the entire supply) you would need around 265k gold, more than you can even hold in your wallet (cap is 200k).

If prices dropped as low as 10s it would cost you just over 100k gold.

If they dropped all the way down to 1s it would still cost you 10k gold.

And all this is IF you can get supply at that price, once you've bought a few thousand the prices start to go up, with the most expensive ones being listed at 1g+ up to as much as 80g each.

Oh and then you still need 25,245g on top to craft them up.

Yes you could skip out some crafting and get around some of the supply issues by buying the bigger infusions, but that's also likely to cost you more gold as well.

So if we did see someone with a +30, it would be quite an impressive achievement.

• Like 1

Can only believe they plan on introducing a new source of these in the expansion. To me looks like they are gearing up to add a legendary breather and finally let us be legendary complete.

On 7/2/2024 at 1:26 PM, RoseofGilead.8907 said:

What are you talking about? The only thing that's changed is now there are new achievements tied to doing them.

The origonal chests we got the keys for are gone.

• Confused 2

Is neat but the thing that confuses me about the event is why emphasize swim speed at this very meowment when they havent stated if Underwater Combat will finally leave alpha-stage or if the Xpan will even have a lot of water content to travel through. At least not that I've noticed.

It actually made me check the Xpan page cuz the event felt like it was implying such. As of now there's not enough content to justify unlocking any of the account bonuses for the high price. Had a stack of 250 keys in bank though so was pretty easy to burn through 30 XD

• Like 1
  • Confused 2