Preparations should be ground target, and have at least 900 range

Last Crab.6054

6 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

I'd be happy if they just removed arming time. I hate it so much I refuse to use them nomatter how meta.

Considering that to set up just right to catch the number of targets to make it worth it in group fights, you have to put yourself in a bad spot giving off animations you'd have to stealth to mask, that should be fair. In group fights at least, not having range cast means you actually have to outrun both sides and it's very likely the fights path will shift anyway and if you do get to place it in time to catch a few people, you might end up hunched over while a blob runs over you. 

Preparations would be 100x better without arming time. Just reduce it to 1s. I don't think they need to be ranged, they're literally just traps, like Ranger's or Dragonhunter's.

I like the idea of setting trap and using it at right time, whenever I want, but with current arming time, they're useless. Seriously, in PvE everything dies in less than 3s. It's useful only against strong, stationary enemies, or maybe for fun. I bet people in PvP/WvW wouldn't mind having only 1s arming time.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1