FA Weaver post Earthen Synergy nerf

yeah i don't really get it. i play FA weaver a fair amount - it's one of my favourite all-time builds but i will freely admit it was B- or C-tier in roaming specs even before the nerf.

even for 1-shots, it wasn't really top tier either - ranger, thief, mesmer can all do it from stealth, or WB can do it from 1200 range through walls.

so yeah, weird nerf. would have been nice to have included a small sustain buff.

• Like 3

Ive moved on to power tempest nowadays. Pretty strong on its own, and also I can be a bit more useful and active near allies instead of just looking for cheesy oneshot combos, like on Weaver or Core, which may or may not even kill the target. 

Considering it was a stun it was a correct nerf, but perhaps some compensation elsewhere on the kit would have been warranted. There are plenty of other builds in the game that needed a damage nerf more than FA Weaver!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

42 minutes ago, Exzen.2976 said:

Considering it was a stun it was a correct nerf, but perhaps some compensation elsewhere on the kit would have been warranted. There are plenty of other builds in the game that needed a damage nerf more than FA Weaver!

exactly, its a 1.5 second stun, that costs you .75 of a second (if i recall right) to cast.  WTF is that useful for.  On top of that its on one of the primary skills for the Weaver.  What it smacks of is someone blindly applying a generalised design decision with absolute zero critical thinking or impact analysis...again.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Having played FA Weaver a lot, but not being a Grimjack level of min-maxxing, I will say that the damage is missed, but you can still deal plenty of damage anyway. You just can't full-on oneshot people just as easily anymore.

Personally if you're wanting to do that, LR Weaver got small buffs (via Dagger mainhand buffs) that make the in-between frames of a burst hit harder. (Drake's Breath hits way harder now).

I do think Earthen Synergy could use at least damage back on the first part of the attack, but keep the damage off the second part, the actual stun.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Exzen.2976 said:

By that logic Anet should remove damage on Pile Driver too huh?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

exactly, its a 1.5 second stun, that costs you .75 of a second (if i recall right) to cast.  WTF is that useful for.  On top of that its on one of the primary skills for the Weaver.  What it smacks of is someone blindly applying a generalised design decision with absolute zero critical thinking or impact analysis...again.

Errr, it's still very useful for landing dmg from other skills. In the same way any other CC is useful. Don't forget that it can be cast while facing away and is relatively easy to land. 

15 hours ago, Lalary.3561 said:

By that logic Anet should remove damage on Pile Driver too huh?

If piledriver was a stun, then sure. Anet didn't remove dmg from all dazes, so Piledriver isn't an outlier. Earthen Synergy was. I'm an FA Weaver main, I do clearly want it to be good, but let's not be blinkered here.

• Like 2

On 7/12/2024 at 9:38 AM, Exzen.2976 said:

Errr, it's still very useful for landing dmg from other skills. In the same way any other CC is useful. Don't forget that it can be cast while facing away and is relatively easy to land. 

The point is it is TERRIBLE value. Your spending 3/4 of a second to stun your opponent for 1.5 seconds with zero dmg, that's not in a vacuum, your opponent can see what you are doing.  Also bear in mind you are in earth and air at the time, AND this is  meant to be a strong weaver duel skill.  Its way under budget considering all this.

Edited by Bladestrom.6425

I dont get why they nerfed this in pvp. FA weaver is already super dead and bad compared to any other roamer. They just made it unplayable in pvp. In wvw its the same idea. Feels like a really bad change.

The only good player to play this in pvp is grim. Ye nice nerf.

Edited by Guirssane.7082
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

The point is it is TERRIBLE value. Your spending 3/4 of a second to stun your opponent for 1.5 seconds with zero dmg, that's not in a vacuum, your opponent can see what you are doing.  Also bear in mind you are in earth and air at the time, AND this is  meant to be a strong weaver duel skill.  Its way under budget considering all this.

Couldn't disagree with you more. FA Weaver can burst someone down in less than 1.5 seconds. You can also cast this while using instant skills like hurl, like arcane blast etc. It's still strong mate. If you don't think it or agree, no problem 🙂

Edited by Exzen.2976
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Exzen.2976 said:

Couldn't disagree with you more. FA Weaver can burst someone down in less than 1.5 seconds. You can also cast this while using instant skills like hurl, like arcane blast etc. It's still strong mate. If you don't think it or agree, no problem 🙂

You could say that about stacking of any instant spells along with any cast time weak spell, that does not make the weak spell powerful. Duel cast spells are mean to be the primary benefit of the weaver, and the budget of earthen does not match.  Now if Earthen weaver in itself was instant that would be fair enough, but as it stands when so much instant stunbreak is available its not.

as an example for rough comparison:

Oaken Cudgel

Imbue your mace with verdant energy and then leap to your target. Stun enemies and grant nearby allies protection. Gain Nature's Strength if you hit an enemy.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/8/84/Nature%27s_Strength.png/20px-Nature%27s_Strength.png Nature's Strength (25s): Imbued with vital energy. At 5 stacks you become a Force of Nature, growing enlarged, gaining stability, increasing your outgoing damage and healing, and recharging your mace skills.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/2/29/Force_of_Nature.png/20px-Force_of_Nature.png Force of Nature (5s): +10% Damage, +10% Healing Increase to Others

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/6/69/Oaken_Cudgel.png/20px-Oaken_Cudgel.png Pet Heal (5s): Heal each second.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/5/53/Number_of_targets.png/20px-Number_of_targets.png Number of Targets: 5
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/a/a4/Radius.png/20px-Radius.png Radius: 180
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/a/a4/Radius.png/20px-Radius.png Boon Radius: 360
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/1/1a/Combo.png/20px-Combo.png Combo Finisher: Blast

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/e/e2/Evade.png/20px-Evade.png Defiance Break: 250
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/c/c5/Range.png/20px-Range.png Range: 450

Edited by Bladestrom.6425
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

If you don't think a stun is strong then there is no point arguing with you. .75 seconds while you can chain it easily into combos and cover it with instant casts is not a big deal at all. I really don't understand your point. The skill is still excellent without the damage.

1 hour ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

Now if Earthen weaver in itself was instant that would be fair enough

Hahaha, instant? You're joking right? That would be insanely op. 

• Like 1

Obviously the nerf of damage is insane, I can understand this in the competitive split about CC,  with all the balance of  "passive" BS, stab in traits (until they forgot this point and spread stab again) etc ...  I would have preferred they  changed it for Daze may be, seeing how I used the skill.
But honestly I'm more worried about the fact they didn't buff AA in PvP/WvW.
They double the damage of Arc Lightning in Pve last patch, and it's still trash tier in pvp since "competitive split". Same with Ice shard, Stone shard ...

They wanted to "solidify" scepter has a "Power" weapon, yet we just got a full nerf in PvP/WvW ?

11 hours ago, Exzen.2976 said:

If you don't think a stun is strong then there is no point arguing with you. .75 seconds while you can chain it easily into combos and cover it with instant casts is not a big deal at all. I really don't understand your point. The skill is still excellent without the damage.

Hahaha, instant? You're joking right? That would be insanely op. 

yeah your right actually, but its still too weak imo.

Absolute garbage nerf. I realize a stun shouldn't have damage by design (took them like 5 years to notice) but the skill has 2 parts, only 1 of them is the stun lmao.

Forgotten spec, forgotten build.

On 7/11/2024 at 1:59 PM, Exzen.2976 said:

Could just make it a daze, or not a cc at all.