Wvw Glitches & bugs

hello Anet

yes im writing to you Anet, after 12 years, and so many updates-balance patches for the Wvw scenario, there is still present some glitches-exploits-bugs used and abused by some players & people in Wvw. you are aware of them right?

especially today with this change introduced today
"Objective-contesting conditions are changing. Objectives will now become contested if the lord is put into combat or if a gate or wall is damaged below 98% health."
But still people "move" magically to lord room or get inner keeps-towers with no sieges of any sort.

Well, seeing this happens means there is some bug-glitch and half of the fault is you Anet, that IF aware of this, isn't fixing them.
Then other half of the fault is players that careless of the health & fun of Wvw use them.

regards

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a compilation video of methods for getting into nearly every WvW objective from a few days ago on youtube, and it even included a picture of a response from an anet person about it basically saying: we know it happens and that it sucks, but it is what it is. I'm glad it's not more heavily abused, because I get the impression it's not really on the "to fix" list at all.

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

21 minutes ago, igmolicious.5986 said:

it's not really on the "to fix" list at all.

Since some of those exploits exist for a decade or more and all we get about it is deafening silence i would have guessed that myself.

this really bugs me the most. It’s a gigantic „fu** you“ from them.

PS: the sad thing is, they can create awesome content that is fun to play with good maps but only in pve. 😞

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CafPow.1542 said:

PS: the sad thing is, they can create awesome content that is fun to play with good maps but only in pve. 😞

remember there's skip glitches in raids and dungeons because of weird terrain. it's not an exclusive problem to wvw, it just doesnt harm anyone in pve like it does harm wvw content

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Mangoyami.2418 said:

remember there's skip glitches in raids and dungeons because of weird terrain. it's not an exclusive problem to wvw, it just doesnt harm anyone in pve like it does harm wvw content

Yeah true but as you said, it doesn’t matter that much.

also, as for pve maps and fractals and strikes there come out new ones regularly. They always work on new ones. I could understand that they lack workforce for fixing and old thing. All this doesn’t count for wvw where we have the same atuff for years including bugs.

me personally i also enjoy the pve content and when I’m tilted by wvw i just do a fractal or an achievement or something and have fun but you know…

• Like 2

The GW2 WvW jumps and glitch compilation is easy to find on Youtube and has almost 2,000 views already. It's mostly thieves doing it with sword, from what I saw.

I have been advised to record and report the player... but that doesn't solve the underlying problem. They need to edit the objectives to prevent these exploits. That takes manpower and I imagine they're more concerned with the upcoming PvE release and not worried about a rare occurrence in WvW.

It's discouraging to me that there are so many players with a lack of good sportsmanship in a competitive game mode. Is it really winning if you cheat?

Don't say it: "Oh, it's not cheating, it's an exploit! It's Anet's fault for allowing it to happen!" Blah blah blah. You know it's wrong. You know it's not how the game is meant to be played. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Spiral.3724 said:

It's discouraging to me that there are so many players with a lack of good sportsmanship in a competitive game mode. Is it really winning if you cheat?

Since WR i had a few coms that glitched into it and i was in their squad. They told me to get the portal and i just didn’t. Others can do but i don’t do that. 
not going the „hollier than thou“ thing just stating that it’s not what i wanna do and i (and only i) just don’t participate then. I rejoin the zerg when they come out afterwards.

/edit PS: i also think it’s boring. Pure ppt-train is already like pve with no mechanics but this is even more… dunno. Personally i prefer to play the game as it is intended.

Edited by CafPow.1542
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, CafPow.1542 said:

Yeah I’m sure anet will now finally fix those…

You know, I've wondered for years why Anet hasn't fixed certain exploits yet, I mean they are known to them for sure. And then I thought, perhaps WvW maps are one of those things where the original coders left the company and Anet is left with code that they can't change a lot of the time without them breaking stuff even more; you know, the infamous spaghetti code.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

You know, I've wondered for years why Anet hasn't fixed certain exploits yet, I mean they are known to them for sure. And then I thought, perhaps WvW maps are one of those things where the original coders left the company and Anet is left with code that they can't change a lot of the time without them breaking stuff even more; you know, the infamous spaghetti code.

Yeah and i would totally understand that.

they could communicate that, and explain it. Wild idea…. But anets communication was garbage for years.

by now they could have created a few new maps tho… eh… it is what it is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

Some tactically placed invisible walls could solve some of this though.

Or, you know, just making it so the skills that do it can't be used while jumping, since MOST of the methods require using jump + a shadowstep return/leap ability. I do think invisible walls would be helpful overall tho.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Spiral.3724 said:

I have been advised to record and report the player...

This is the part that bothers me. I agree that it's bad form to exploit an unpatched glitch, but there comes a point where it is kind of anet's fault for not fixing the problem. Both things are "wrong", but not fixing the problem after so long is far more wrong ; p

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gop.8713 said:

This is the part that bothers me. I agree that it's bad form to exploit an unpatched glitch, but there comes a point where it is kind of anet's fault for not fixing the problem. Both things are "wrong", but not fixing the problem after so long is far more wrong ; p

Cheating iis still cheating, even if the bug isn't fixed. Server (or shard, or alliance) that exploits versus server that exploits versus server that exploits does not make for a fun game.

It's a reportable offence, and ruins the fun of other players.

• Like 2

On 7/27/2024 at 1:28 PM, Gehenna.3625 said:

it's not that they can't. it's that they haven't found the right coder or don't want to put resources on.

I know a coder who made changes to a live system, and every fix broke something unexpected, and they just patiently kept at it. It can be done but the coder has to be good, and everyone has to be patient during the process. 

Since stuff breaks all the time anyway, I don't think that's too much of a stretch to expect the gamers to go along with the process, as long as there is communication. But maybe they don't want to put in the resources or haven't found the right programmer.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, willow.8209 said:

Since stuff breaks all the time anyway, I don't think that's too much of a stretch to expect the gamers to go along with the process, as long as there is communication.

I also thought of how to keep players engaged and reduce complaints

First as I said communication. "We're doing fixes to the UI and it will be messy, and we hope to be done in x months". "Oh we're revising that to x+2, but n people are working on it: progress is being made." "After that the same team of n will work on lag and structures in WvW".  

Secondly, in case some of the stuff that breaks is rewards or completions of things, Anet gives a daily choosy box and a nicer weekly choosy box (just during maintenance). You can pick some consolation prize from the various game modes and collections to make up for the inconvenience and missing out on stuff. 

There you go: complaints minimized, fixes get made.

2 hours ago, willow.8209 said:

it's not that they can't. it's that they haven't found the right coder or don't want to put resources on.

I didn't say they can't, I said they can't without a high chance of breaking more stuff. And yes, it's always a matter of resources or cost vs benefit, but imo what they would need to do to fix wvw maps is completely rebuild them from scratch and even that might not solve everything because new maps won't come without bugs either and it would be too cost-prohibitive. 

And especially, IF they're working on GW3 then this would be a bad investment.

• Confused 1

In the past few days, the same guild (something like kingdom of Spartan) has hacked into our garrison to lord every day, at least twice a day. People send pictures and videos to Anet but does not do anything. Most people said Anet does not care at all and soon I believe it too. They even admitted that they hack into other people's keep, and they threatened me that my account would get banned for doing nothing.

Edited by Elanesse.4310
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1