Corrupted Hero Drop Rate

"Added a new Corrupted Hero weapon set to WvW. Exotic versions of the weapons have been added to the Mist-Hardened Lockbox."

So what kind of drop rate from the chests is it? 0.000000001%?  I just opened 150+ and not a single exotic version drop.

• Like 2

it could be that any lockboxes that dropped before the update do not drop them. the same way that skirmish-chests did not give testimonies of jade-heroics if it were chests that you acquired before jade-heroics got added. So its probably either low drop-rate (which tbh: 150 lockboxes is like.... a neglegible sample-size), or old lockboxes still use the old loot-table. which sounds plausible, considering you opened 150+ and it´s literally impossible to drop as many in just a few hours (which means, you either hoarded them, or bought them from TP, which under the assumption the "loot-table-theory" is correct, literally cannot drop them)

• Thanks 1

Just now, Greymantle.9168 said:

It makes sense that it might not be retro active to the loot boxes you already have horded away lol.

Odds are good. As Custodi said, it wouldn't be the first time it only applies to new drops. 

18 minutes ago, Custodio.6134 said:

it could be that any lockboxes that dropped before the update do not drop them. the same way that skirmish-chests did not give testimonies of jade-heroics if it were chests that you acquired before jade-heroics got added. So its probably either low drop-rate (which tbh: 150 lockboxes is like.... a neglegible sample-size), or old lockboxes still use the old loot-table. which sounds plausible, considering you opened 150+ and it´s literally impossible to drop as many in just a few hours (which means, you either hoarded them, or bought them from TP, which under the assumption the "loot-table-theory" is correct, literally cannot drop them)

I waited until after the patch. Zero drops.

It's in the 'preview' of opened boxes, but if it doesn't apply to previously obtained boxes, that's certainly something they should have put into the patch notes.  

I opened 500 and got 5 Officer's Remnant Cache's but zero Corrupted.

• Like 2

The preview is showing that it is a Rare drop, the same section as the infusion and the Officer Remnant weapons.

However, I have opened 400 boxes now and gotten 5 Officer Remnant weapons and ZERO Corrupted.
If loot table is borked and they fix it later, imma be a bit miffed.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spiral.3724 said:

The preview is showing that it is a Rare drop, the same section as the infusion and the Officer Remnant weapons.

just because it´s in the same category, doesn´t mean that the droprates are equal. while one item in the "rare"-category may have a droprate borderline to uncommon, a different item may be borderline ultra-rare. Since ANet doesn´t show is exact values, there´s no way for us to tell if the rates are actually the same for every item in the same category. 

that said: it seems like the loot-table at least got updated, because i also got a few boxes today and they stack. so the problem is most likely not having old vs new lockboxes, but there may not even be a problem at all. considering we have ZERO indicator on what the droprates actually are. (this is completely disregarding the fact, that RNG is also a thing. which basically means: even if the item has a 1% droprate, it is entirely possible to open 300 boxes and not get a single one, just the same as it is totally possible to only open 2 and have one in each. it is still a CHANCE, and to get even close to the droprate, whatever it is, you´d need to open thousands or more lockboxes to even remotely get a reliable result)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Custodio.6134 said:

that said: [..], but there may not even be a problem at all. considering we have ZERO indicator on what the droprates actually are. (this is completely disregarding the fact, that RNG is also a thing. which basically means: even if the item has a 1% droprate, it is entirely possible to open 300 boxes and not get a single one, just the same as it is totally possible to only open 2 and have one in each. it is still a CHANCE, and to get even close to the droprate, whatever it is, you´d need to open thousands or more lockboxes to even remotely get a reliable result)

the chance can indeed be low, but given the number of bugs in this patch i personally wont open a box until i hear of at least a single weapon coming out of it for anyone. for all we know they updated the preview and forgot to update the chests..

I was thinking the same but couldn't find the Mystic Forge recipe for the ascended version anywhere online so I couldn't tell. It seems like you know it though, would you mind please sharing what the recipe is? All I know from the patch notes is it includes the rare Hero's weapons.

Actually just posted it in a reply in another thread.  I'll just copy/paste it below:

Last tab of the skirmish supervisor in WvW look for Mist-Infused Jade Catalyst.  That item + Hero Weapon + Grandmaster Mark shards + Emblems of the Avenger.

I forgot the amounts but it was like 5 avenger and 15 grandmaster.

• Thanks 2