youve added some great things to vault rewards

1 hour ago, kharmin.7683 said:

How about no? 

How about yes.

20 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

You don't have to play wvw.

Some of us would like to be able to make our own legendaries and absolutely despise PvP… the ONLY way to get GoB is through PvP… they could even add a way to get Gift of Exploration through PvP to balance it out.

heck… just make a Legendary Gifts reward option in Wizards Vault that grants 1 random legendary gift at a very high point cost… limit 3? per season.

Edited by Panda.1967
  • Like 3
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Panda.1967 said:

How about yes.

Some of us would like to be able to make our own legendaries and absolutely despise PvP… the ONLY way to get GoB is through PvP… they could even add a way to get Gift of Exploration through PvP to balance it out.

heck… just make a Legendary Gifts reward option in Wizards Vault that grants 1 random legendary gift at a very high point cost… limit 3? per season.

Some people just like standing in cities and talking in map chat, when will this be a consistent and viable way to craft legendaries? I mean, some people very clearly like doing exactly that, so it has to be an option too, right?

How about making every legenadry require playing every mode of the game? That gear tier is made as an optional upgrade for a reason, it should involve more.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, kharmin.7683 said:

How about no? 

How about HELL YES! Options are good. people like options. i like options. how does the GoB in the wizards vault reduce your enjoyment of the game? just cuz it worked for years, doesnt mean a change is not needed. this been complained about for years. and imo its high time it changes. make GoE available in PVP and WvW as well options are good for people. those who want to do WvW will do WvW. those who do not, will get their GoB eslewhere and not annoy those in WvW

• Like 6
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Some people just like standing in cities and talking in map chat, when will this be a consistent and viable way to craft legendaries? I mean, some people very clearly like doing exactly that, so it has to be an option too, right?

that is a stretch. sure there are those who do so, but those are NOT interested in legendaries. all they want is social interaction.

there has to be gameplay involved getting the GoB, yes. but linking it soley to WvW is bad imo. those who hate WvW (like me) dont really contribute to the match up, and are only farmed for bags by the other team. causing frustration to those who WvW as their main mode as we take up places in queue and maps. its a win win if its has alternative acquisistion methods.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

that is a stretch. sure there are those who do so, but those are NOT interested in legendaries. all they want is social interaction.

That's a stretch why exactly? You don't know if they're interested in legendaries. If they're interested in crafting them, they'll have to play the same parts of the game as everyone else who crafts them. And so do you and op. I don't see what's being stretched here, it's the exact same reasoning that's being used by OP or the person I respnded to.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

That's a stretch why exactly? You don't know if they're interested in legendaries. If they're interested in crafting them, they'll have to play the same parts of the game as everyone else who crafts them. And so do you and op. I don't see what's being stretched here, it's the exact same reasoning that's being used by OP or the person I respnded to.

Its a stretch to think that they ONLY stand in DR and chat. there are a few who do, but most are there waiting for their meta times to go off. they play the game. and those who sit in DR and chat only, have no interest in leggo's

• Like 4
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Its a stretch to think that they ONLY stand in DR and chat. there are a few who do, but most are there waiting for their meta times to go off. they play the game. and those who sit in DR and chat only, have no interest in leggo's

As much of a stretch as someone (like OP, you and person I responded to) claiming that ONLY playing whatever they want should bring them whatever they wish for. Apparently "only doing what I want" is the line drawn specifically by you now.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

As much of a stretch as someone (like OP, you and person I responded to) claiming that ONLY playing whatever they want should bring them whatever they wish for.

Man if on that was true eh? then i'd be able to fish up Leggo armor in amnoon! but no, i prefer to play OwPvE, i go to WvW to get those darned Gob's and idk if you enjoy the game mode, but i certainly do not. and everytime i get yelled at for being a filthy pve-er, i just leave. and trust me its very often i get "Fanmail"

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No, because just standing around in cities in map chat is NOT PLAYING THE GAME. You don’t get rewarded for doing literally nothing… adding it to a the Wizards Vault ensures that people actually play to obtain it. The same way all existing methods of acquisition for legendary gifts do. Its simply adding an alternative avenue of acquisition for those who do not like PvP.

• Like 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

Man if on that was true eh?

It isn't, but the stance you're taking in this thread (along with op and the person I responded to) is doing exactly that. Judging by the response, I think it's safe to say you understand the point being made here.

6 minutes ago, Panda.1967 said:

No, because just standing around in cities in map chat is NOT PLAYING THE GAME. You don’t get rewarded for doing literally nothing… adding it to a the Wizards Vault ensures that people actually play to obtain it. The same way all existing methods of acquisition for legendary gifts do. Its simply adding an alternative avenue of acquisition for those who do not like PvP.

The same way you not wanting to play x, y or z isn't PLAYING THE GAME to get the rewards related to that content. TALKING in city maps isn't "doing literally nothing".

The only thing adding it to wizards vault ensures that people can... get it by literally dodging 3 times daily. Is this supposed to be "gameplay"?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

It isn't, but the stance you're taking in this thread (along with op and the person I responded to) is exactly that. Judging by the response, I think it's safe to say you understand the point being made here.

Might be cuz i am not a competetive player at all and i dislike the whole concept of pvp being shoved into games all the time. anyway, why are you against options? wouldnt it be better if the pve people did NOT take up slots on WvW? why is this such an issue? options are good. if a new player is interested in WvW they will try WvW. same with PvP. same with raids and strikes.

The game is meant to be played for fun, and if people (like me and OP) dont have fun in for example WvW,  we should be able to avoid it. forcing people into gamemodes is never a good idea and a certain way to lose players.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 6

we should be able to avoid it. forcing people into gamemodes

You are able to avoid it and no one is forcing you to play WvW. Legendary weapons are completely optional and you can even buy most of them on the TP. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The same way you not wanting to play x, y or z isn't PLAYING THE GAME to get the rewards related to that content. TALKING in city maps isn't "doing literally nothing".

You want to talk stretches… THAT is a stretch. To think that “I want to earn a PvP track reward through PvE, and PvP should get our equivalent PvE reward through PvP” equates to “I want to do kitten all and get everything”. No one here wants to just be handed rewards… and no one here but YOU thinks that is what any of us are asking for.

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

7 minutes ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

Might be cuz i am not a competetive player at all and i dislike the whole concept of pvp being shoved into games all the time.

This is not pvp being "shoved into games all the time", it's a normal part of mmorpgs.

7 minutes ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

anyway, why are you against options? wouldnt it be better if the pve people did NOT take up slots on WvW? why is this such an issue? options are good. if a new player is interested in WvW they will try WvW. same with PvP. same with raids and strikes.

The game is meant to be played for fun, and if people (like me and OP) dont have fun in for example WvW,  we should be able to avoid it. forcing people into gamemodes is never a good idea and a certain way to lose players.

Then play for fun and get gen1/3 from tp, you already have the solution right there. And that still not talking about legendaries being completely optional goals.

5 minutes ago, Panda.1967 said:

You want to talk stretches… THAT is a stretch. To think that “I want to earn a PvP track reward through PvE, and PvP should get our equivalent PvE reward through PvP” equates to “I want to do kitten all and get everything”. No one here wants to just be handed rewards… and no one here but YOU thinks that is what any of us are asking for.

I think you're missing the point I already explained in the previous posts to another person:
1. If they're interested in crafting them, they'll have to play the same parts of the game as everyone else who crafts them. And so do you and op. I don't see what's being stretched here, it's the exact same reasoning that's being used by OP or the person I respnded to.
2. As much of a stretch as someone (like OP, you and person I responded to) claiming that ONLY playing whatever they want should bring them whatever they wish for. Apparently "only doing what I want" is the line drawn specifically by you now.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

This is not pvp being "shoved into games all the time", it's a normal part of mmorpgs.

Then play for fun and get gen1/3 from tp, you already have the solution right there. And that still not talking about legendaries being completely optional goals.

Optional or not, doesnt mater, and please answer my question. why are you against options on this?

• Like 5
  • Confused 4

Not as a Wizard's Vault option no. I'm not entirely comfortable with the legendaries being sold there as it is.

Perhaps there could be an alternative to GoB though. Like requiring two gifts of exploration instead of 1 or exchanging one for GoB (and maybe vice versa)

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

Optional or not, doesnt mater, and please answer my question. why are you against options on this?

It does matter because it doesn't lock you out of anything if you don't want to go for them. Meanwhile if you want more rewards, playing more of the game's content is reasonable. Once again, you're already able to get gen1/3 from tp if it's that important for you. But if you "want to craft it" then... craft it by playing the content of the game.
How can someone want to "experience the crafting it by themselves!" but at the same time actively attempt to change the crafting process into whatever they want.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Not as a Wizard's Vault option no. I'm not entirely comfortable with the legendaries being sold there as it is.

Perhaps there could be an alternative to GoB though. Like requiring two gifts of exploration instead of 1 or exchanging one for GoB (and maybe vice versa)

This is actually a good point. Maybe a GoB in WV is a bit too much, but alternative methods of Gob getting. Like indeed exchanging a GoE for a GoB.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

7 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It does matter because it doesn't lock you out of anything if you don't want to go for them. Meanwhile if you want more rewards, playing more of the game's content is reasonable. Once again, you're already able to get gen1/3 from tp if it's that important for you. But if you "want to craft it" then... craft it by playing the content of the game.

Still not answering my question of why you are against options

• Like 3
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

Still not answering my question of why you are against options

I already told you the reasoning in all of the previous posts in this thread, I'm not sure which points made there are still unclear.
They're optional; dodging 3 times isn't more of a gameplay than typing in chat (which directly connects to "I only like x, so I should get it through x!" argument being rather weak); you can already buy gen1/3 if that's what you want; if you want to "experience crafting" then "experience the crafting" instead of attempting to freely remold it into something else.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1