Wizard Vault - Heavy Crafting Bags Accesibility

Heavy Crafting Bags that consists of crafting materials which can be obtain even if a player only has the base game, so my question is, why is the Heavy Crafting Bag reward not available for players who does not have SoTo? 

My Alt Account needs it 😞 

Edited by SweetPotato.7456
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

There are other things in WV which are not tied to SotO in any way, but which require you to own it in order to buy those from wizards vault.  The Precursor + gift is another example (the legendary weapons it makes are gen 1, so not tied to SotO at all).  IMO, this is purely a way for Anet to get more people to buy SotO, just for the WV rewards.

I'm not to optimistic what will happen with the next release.  Will precursors from WV start to require ownership of the Janthir Wilds expansion?  Will heavy crafting bags require it?  In other words, will things currently available to only those who own SotO get moved into require JW?

• Like 1

I wasn't aware that the things that are on rotation every season are tied to SotO as well. I thought it was only the Skins and stuff that get replaced every season (themed weapons, chairs, mount skins etc.)

Does the WV at least show you in game (e.g. when you mouse over) what you need to buy to get that added to your choices? If not, that should be a QoL improvement.
@SweetPotato you get Laurels to turn into T6 bags?

11 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Because they really need to add reasons for people to buy SotO. After all, content alone for that expansion is so weak players migh decide to just skip it instead, and that's not allowed.

there are plenty of stuffs already lock behind Soto in the wizard vault, which I know is only fair they do it, because they are part of soto, but materials , come on, that's just petty.

• Confused 2

41 minutes ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

there are plenty of stuffs already lock behind Soto in the wizard vault, which I know is only fair they do it, because they are part of soto, but materials , come on, that's just petty.

They also locked gen 1 starter boxes behind the expansion purchase, despite everything it contains being available in core game. It's just another bait to buy the latest expansion. And technically it's as petty as you fighting for it to be available for your alt/s 🤷‍♂️ Buy 35aa gold instead.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think it is very silly they locked the heavy crafting bag behind owning SOTO.  But I did some figuring and it is a better deal to get the 35 acclaim gold and buy the material anyway so, even though my main account owns SOTO, the heavy bags go unclaimed in my vault.

• Confused 3

29 minutes ago, Mattahood.9423 said:

I think it is very silly they locked the heavy crafting bag behind owning SOTO.  But I did some figuring and it is a better deal to get the 35 acclaim gold and buy the material anyway so, even though my main account owns SOTO, the heavy bags go unclaimed in my vault.

No it is not, one crafting bag is worth a bit over 60 silvers now for 8 AA, you get 4 for 35 AA so thats arround 2.4g. Even if you sell mats it is arround 2g for 32 AA.

6 hours ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

No it is not, one crafting bag is worth a bit over 60 silvers now for 8 AA, you get 4 for 35 AA so thats arround 2.4g. Even if you sell mats it is arround 2g for 32 AA.

For clarity sake: the former user is confusing the Wizard Vault Heavy Crafting Bags, which are limited and locked behind SotO with the Wizard Vault Large Crafting Bags.

You are correct in that the Heavy version is indeed more valuable than the 35 AA per 1 gold.

As to Heavy Crating Bags locked behind SotO, very likely to prevent thousands upon thousands of cheap core alt accounts to flood the market with materials. That and encourage purchase of SotO for main accounts.

• Like 4

Locking some stuff so free accounts can not buy it makes sense.  But those could have been locked so that any paid account could get them, not just SotO accounts.  I do feel that locking them behind SotO purchase was to get more people to buy SotO, which from a business perspective, may not be a bad thing, but as other have noted, also appears petty to long term players who have bought a bunch of the previous expansions.

• Confused 3

7 hours ago, Solvar.7953 said:

Locking some stuff so free accounts can not buy it makes sense.  But those could have been locked so that any paid account could get them, not just SotO accounts.  I do feel that locking them behind SotO purchase was to get more people to buy SotO, which from a business perspective, may not be a bad thing, but as other have noted, also appears petty to long term players who have bought a bunch of the previous expansions.

I mean why do players need legendary gear if they aren’t in the latest content? And its not like its stopping players with just HOT from making Gen1 gear. And they have access to legendary armor via raids.  

It a “scaled to” situation where people in the old block are mad at the catchup mechanics to what was originally end game grind. 

The amount which requires buying SOTO isn't that bad really - the WV is very profitable even for people who don't own SOTO. The Gen 1 Legendary starter kits is the biggest difference. I'm fine with it tho - there isn't a GW2 subscription so you can stop paying any money at all to Anet and keep playing all of the expansions and materials you had previously unlocked indefinitely which is a pretty nice model. If Anet have a few extra carrots like this to try to tempt people to buy the latest expansions then that's fine with me, it's relatively mild and Anet do need to make money to keep making the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1