Janthir Wilds is a huge disappointment for me, there are things that I would like the developers to change in the game

... Okay.

OP: This game is too difficult.

People: Here are some strategies you can use to make it easier!

OP: The fact that I must use strategy (any strategy at all, even "fill out your specialization all the way" and "learn how to dodge" and "don't just press 11111" and "I can't facetank encounters because that's not how combat works here") means it's too difficult. Therefore you have proven my point and you're all mean.

Well, I don't know what to tell you with that attitude, OP. I guess you've proven your own point: it is indeed too difficult to succeed in this game if you refuse to learn how it works.

Let me give you a personal example. When I started out, I played thief. I died a lot. I got to about the Silverwastes in LWS2 before deciding, "Well, I can either keep dying my way through the story, or I can improve." So I looked up a build. One build. I changed a few traits. I learned to dodge effectively. And that made all the difference in the world. I had to repeat that when I changed elite specs to a Daredevil - which, in HoT, was a bit more of a learning curve - but I did it with minimum frustration. I learned. It didn't take long. It wasn't torturous, or tormenting, or any other very strong and inappropriate word you seem so fond of. Now the only "difficulty" in story quests I encounter is figuring out the mechanics for the first time - which is, again, not difficult to figure out easily-telegraphed mechanics (and in many instances, NPCs will actually call out what you need to do). All it requires is for you to pay the slightest bit of attention.

If that's genuinely too difficult for you, then maybe this game isn't for you. Sorry. Hope you find another game more to your liking.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Do they play through Darksouls naked, without armor and not even in the room with the computer?

I don't know, I play souslikes with easy modes from nexus. If you're interested, check it out on YouTube.

• Confused 5

I'm not sure the devs will ever support something that removes playing the game that much(95% damage reduction) to some extent I think something like that damages the artistic integrity of a game. If you want such an extreme version of not losing, why not watch someone else complete the content?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Darves.6798 said:

I don't know, I play souslikes with easy modes from nexus. If you're interested, check it out on YouTube.

I am 100% sure that they have to actively play in order to succeed. If someone wants a story without the bother of engaging with the game they might be better off with YouTube videos, or a movie.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

Let me give you a personal example. When I started out, I played thief. I died a lot. I got to about the Silverwastes in LWS2 before deciding, "Well, I can either keep dying my way through the story, or I can improve." So I looked up a build. One build. I changed a few traits. I learned to dodge effectively. And that made all the difference in the world. I had to repeat that when I changed elite specs to a Daredevil - which, in HoT, was a bit more of a learning curve - but I did it with minimum frustration. I learned. It didn't take long.

Once again you support my opinion. You mention frustration. Completing the story shouldn't cause frustration. This shouldn't be a challenge. It should be simple and pleasant. Frustration may come from difficult aspects of the game, such as fractals, strikes or raids, rather than the story.

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sharrakor.3470 said:

I'm not sure the devs will ever support something that removes playing the game that much(95% damage reduction) to some extent I think something like that damages the artistic integrity of a game. If you want such an extreme version of not losing, why not watch someone else complete the content?

Because I want to play the game and I want the story content to be easy, fun and non-frustrating. Parts of the game such as fractals, strikes and raids can be difficult and frustrating - content for hardcore players.

• Confused 7

I want the story content to be easy, fun and non-frustrating

Simple, learn to play the game. This is not rocket science and it really doesn’t take long. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 7

Okay, while i understand something of this dumpster fire of a thread... please explain, in excruiciating detail. WHY you are against a 10 min google search? if the game is trivially easy (and it aleady is, and this comes from someone who runs off meta, bad stats, and basically on fishes in the game) why would people play such games, i might as well sit there and play one of those bad mobile afk gatcha games that give me rewards adn progresson by tocuhing my phone.

Your opinion is valid, but so are those of all other posters. and please, only speak for yourself. you have this issue, even if others have the same, we cant verify this.  i am a mega casual and i dont want this game any easier then it already is.

• Like 11

Idk in terms of just feelings what you ask for examined as a whole is concerning to me I hope your doing ok, remember this game has a enthusiastic community often suprisingly willing to assist in figuring out the game or accomplishing specific tasks within, don't be afraid to ask. Hope everyone in the thread has a good day!

• Like 3

I'm surprised this thread is still going honestly......

The game isn't too hard when you accept that some things take longer and that dying is a part of it, that's where you learn (or not if you're the type who doesn't want to learn from their mistakes.) LSW1 isn't that hard, back in the day when it was released it was designed mostly as group content, every two/three weeks something new was released, open world and instanced. I remember dying a lot during the story instances because, yes, the bar is raised higher compared to the personal story as a lot of people back then (10/11 years ago) wanted more difficult content then dungeons and fractals could give them. So the struggles you're facing most of us casual veterans have faced them as well. See it as a learning curve to become better at the game as you progress through the story. Because with each LS, each expansion, the bar is raised a little bit higher.  And again, accept the advice the well meaning community has been trying to give you. Make sure you use a build and gear that will help you, make sure you're playing on an 'easier to play' class, because there is a big difference in how hard the content is on different classes. Some classes are friendlier than others when it comes to mostly using your mouse to select your skills. My advice is to check that out, see if it can help you. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

Huh, interesting. so i guess there really is a game for every niche! i dont see the appeal. but i guess it appeals to a few people if there are atleast 10 made! thank you for this!

Sounds kinda like how the OP want gw2 story to be to be honest.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mystflower.7319 said:

I'm surprised this thread is still going honestly......

It's good that the thread still exists, it means there's a good chance that developers will see it and maybe implement at least some of the changes I expect.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 6

2 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

It's good that the thread still exists, it means there's a good chance that developers will see it and maybe implement at least some of the changes I expect.

Not going to happen.  This game would be shut down before.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

You shared your opinion, people in return gave you friendly advice on how the game could be easier for you if you're willing to try things out and learn new ways of playing the game... All these advices you've thrown into the depths of the Unending Ocean. You claim people have insulted you while all they wanted to do is help you out... You could have stopped commenting on people if you didn't like their replies, because your initial post said it all right? It would still be readable for the dev team, which in your case is what matters? But by continuing to respond to people's advice in a negative / stubborn way you've turned this thread, that could have been very helpful, into a troll post. I can't take this serious. Sorry.

I hope for you the devs will give you some feedback on this but I doubt they will.

I wish you all the best.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

I'll give you an example of how the difficulty level is terribly poorly balanced: Completing the story, LW's and expansions is too difficult for me, but I can play the way I know how to get rewards from WvW, running silly from ruin to ruin, occasionally killing sentries. And if I had enough gold, I could craft legendary armor. So the mode for hardcore players, i.e. Wvw, does not require anything from me, but the plot is so difficult that I cannot complete it. It's rediculous.

• Confused 9

I'll give you an example of how the difficulty level is terribly poorly balanced: Completing the story, LW's and expansions is too difficult for me, but I can play the way I know how to get rewards from WvW, running silly from ruin to ruin, occasionally killing sentries. And if I had enough gold, I could craft legendary armor. So the mode for hardcore players, i.e. Wvw, does not require anything from me, but the plot is so difficult that I cannot complete it. It's rediculous.

Then you're a better player then i am cuz i die in WvW about every time i leave the base.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

Ok come back when you got your legendary armor from WvW and we’ll talk again. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Just now, yoni.7015 said:

Ok come back when you got your legendary armor from WvW and we’ll talk again. 

Which part "I could craft if I had enough gold", don't you understand? I have enough wvw skirmish tickets.

• Confused 7

It might be worth noting that making a request is one thing but declaring changes to be an expectation is closer to a demand.

And, again, an individual struggling with a game while not attempting to develop an understanding of the mechanics inherent in playing the game is not an indication that the game is too hard. Every game is difficult for yourself if you choose to make it so.

If one can win while afk to answer a phone call, or with a character without weapons or armor, then the game is not difficult. Now, full disclosure, there are aspects of the game designed specifically to be more difficult, but they are optional and are intended specifically for those specifically  looking for a challenge.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I expressed my opinion. I asked the developers about changes to the game. I justified my request and my opinions. If it irritates you so much, stop attacking me for it, just drop the thread that irritates you. It's that simple.

• Confused 9

8 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

Which part "I could craft if I had enough gold", don't you understand? I have enough wvw skirmish tickets.

How on earth have you managed to survive any time in wvw? Skulk around at 5 am? If you find the story hard you're not going to last 10 seconds against a player!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Just now, Atoclone.4810 said:

How on earth have you managed to survive any time in wvw? Skulk around at 5 am? If you find the story hard you're not going to last 10 seconds against a player!

I dont even last 3 seconds! how OP has enough skirmish tickets baffles me. (then again, i am a fisherman and an Rper so i guess my skills at the game are neglicable at best)

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

I could log into one of my level 80's, step out into a starter zone and one shot a level 2 mob.....and then join a Strike CM PUG and struggle to beat the encounter. That is no more an example of poorly balanced challenge than your comparison of standing in a circle to fighting an expansion boss.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Atoclone.4810 said:

It's simple, I play at night. There aren't many players. I don't fight with other players, I run away or they kill me.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

3 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

It might be worth noting that making a request is one thing but declaring changes to be an expectation is closer to a demand.

And, again, an individual struggling with a game while not attempting to develop an understanding of the mechanics inherent in playing the game is not an indication that the game is too hard. Every game is difficult for yourself if you choose to make it so.

If one can win while afk to answer a phone call, or with a character without weapons or armor, then the game is not difficult. Now, full disclosure, there are aspects of the game designed specifically to be more difficult, but they are optional and are intended specifically for those specifically  looking for a challenge.

Well said.  If you decided to play chess when your color was missing a queen, the answer is not to demand that chess rules be changed to remove the need for that queen.  Any game has rules.  Even the most free-form "let's pretend" has "don't be mean" as part of it.  The point of the game is to do well (and have fun) through using the rules.

If a game is designed around the expectation that the player will dodge the big attacks, and the player wants to enjoy the game, the player will learn to dodge those attacks, or find ways to absorb or reflect them.  Not say the attacks shouldn't be allowed to hit a stationary person.

There are games I will never be good at. Eg First Person Shooters.  I don't have the reflexes and I do have the motion sickness, plus I don't like looking at other players as enemies.  I don't tell the Overwatch devs they need to make it easy for me to survive even if I stand still in an open area and let me one shot other players with the press of a hot key.  I simply don't play!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2