Could we get a Reveal Relic?

12 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Idk why you all are giving these two the time of day. The suggestion of a Reveal relic is ok and in general there should be more innate sources of Revealed.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revealed

In case anyone was wondering how many sources of reveal are in the game. Ignoring the self-reveal traits/skills, there are 10.

  Tainted Shackles — Death Shroud

  Light's Judgment — Trap

  Gaze of Darkness — Legendary Dragon Stance, Consume

  "On My Mark!" — Shout

  Sight beyond Sight — Meditation

  "Sic 'Em!" — Command

  Spear of Justice — Virtue

  Detection Pulse — Tool belt, Utility Goggles

  Magebane Tether (Magebane Tether) — Tether yourself to your target. If they move beyond the range threshold, pull them to you. Grants might and reveals your target every second.

  Controlled Analysis (Lock On) + Invisible Analysis (Lock On)  — Analyze a disabled foe, applying vulnerability. Analyze a stealthed foe, applying vulnerability.

Of these 10, and being generous, I've only seen 5 in PvP lately on 4/9 classes: "On My Mark", "Sic 'Em", Spear, Tether, and Lock On. Seems like a lot Thieves!

Personally, I'd like to see a meta where 4/10 classes in a match apply Revealed on every attack for 10 of every 16 seconds. Y'know, like Condi Reaper with blocks 😛

and they hated him because he spoke the truth also reminder that elementalist and mesmer do not have a reveal skill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, EnderzShadow.2506 said:

yall are crazy. If you want to bring anti stealth, then bring in more corrupt boon. 

Everyone would preferably want to reduce the stealth spam overall. But the devs have made it very clear that stealth in its current iteration is here to stay.

And if stealth spam is going to be as powerful as it is, all we realistically can ask for is an actual counter.
Condis used to be the counter until Shadow's Embrace ruined that in combination with Silent Scope.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, thief.7429 said:

and they hated him because he spoke the truth also reminder that elementalist and mesmer do not have a reveal skill

and as usual you forget that thief also can not reveal others.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2024 at 9:02 PM, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

It depends. Some classes have reasonable or actually good access to reveal. Mesmer and elementalists actually have 0.

Thief has 0 access to reveal too, don't forget! High end duels on d/p thief mirrors always come down to: who can stack more stealth, and who can retarget faster to interrupt pistol 5 xD

It's funny how these posts always brings folks trying to justify the stealth spam in this game, just let it go bro lol, everybody knows that the stealth spam is not okay, such as the stealth tracking skills, the stealth mechanic in this game is just questionable in this state lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Zekent.3652 said:

It's funny how these posts always brings folks trying to justify the stealth spam in this game, just let it go bro lol, everybody knows that the stealth spam is not okay, such as the stealth tracking skills, the stealth mechanic in this game is just questionable in this state lol

It's funny to think this whole forum would be completely different if you could see what build/class people use when they post. This game is rife with questionable mechanics but players rarely denounce what they abuse and instead openly attacking what they hate to face, usually dismissing the opposition with comments like "L2P" . 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

It's funny to think this whole forum would be completely different if you could see what build/class people use when they post. This game is rife with questionable mechanics but players rarely denounce what they abuse and instead openly attacking what they hate to face, usually dismissing the opposition with comments like "L2P" . 

By Grenth id pay money for that.

A lot of people on this forum, me included, are heavily biased towards their preferred play style.

1 hour ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

That would be sick ngl

On 8/12/2024 at 8:23 AM, calva.2914 said:

I would just be happy if they gave classes that have 0 access to it some sort of access. 

By default mesmer and thief are not getting a reveal skill, and Ele won't get it either because it has more than enough defensive skills, so we are good.

• Confused 1

On 8/12/2024 at 9:35 AM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I actually agree that with rising levels of stealth, there needs to be a LITTLE BIT more reveal in the game, but putting it on relic is not the answer.

This would create a plethora of insane balance issues concerning certain classes stacking reveal relic on top of their natural reveal effects, which would result in particular builds being able to completely and I do mean completely shut down certain things like say a DP Daredevil. You'd be getting DHs and Sic Em Soulbeasts that would automatically win vs. builds that rely on stealth usage.

The more "balanced" implementation of extra reveal would be to just add some reveal to things that don't already have reveal. We don't need a lot of it, just a little bit.

Absolutely not man, not a single extra source of reveal needs to be added to the game, thieves already reveal *themselves* when they choose to attack from stealth. This argument asking for more sources of reveal is just a flimsy façade for directly wanting to cancel a mechanic that they don't have the creativity, skill, reflex or patience to counter.
Now as somebody who plays thief as a secondary character with my main being the revenant (which is specifically weak against thieves) Herald does have one reveal but I pretty much just play Shortbow renegade. In this case SORRY, if you can't see or reveal you stealthed enemy you will just have to rely on BLIND ATTACKS especially if you can  spam them, this still adds pressure against the thief who will still have to avoid your attacks while in stealth and having to position for a stealth attack such as backstab.

You can also use AOE attacks for area denial, this will inhibit the thieves other advantage which is mobility, if you can't see them you can at least deny them freedom of movement by forcing them to have to eat AOE attacks to get to you, otherwise they can run away (and you win the fight by default, even if you don't get the stomp)

So yeah if we can actually encourage some actual fun and creative counters to mechanics instead of just asking them to be outright deconstructed hiding behind a fake idea of "balance", usually just means 'Take away this mechanic so I can have easy wins please'. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

14 hours ago, Daenxi.4530 said:

Absolutely not man, not a single extra source of reveal needs to be added to the game, thieves already reveal *themselves* when they choose to attack from stealth. This argument asking for more sources of reveal is just a flimsy façade for directly wanting to cancel a mechanic that they don't have the creativity, skill, reflex or patience to counter.
Now as somebody who plays thief as a secondary character with my main being the revenant (which is specifically weak against thieves) Herald does have one reveal but I pretty much just play Shortbow renegade. In this case SORRY, if you can't see or reveal you stealthed enemy you will just have to rely on BLIND ATTACKS especially if you can  spam them, this still adds pressure against the thief who will still have to avoid your attacks while in stealth and having to position for a stealth attack such as backstab.

You can also use AOE attacks for area denial, this will inhibit the thieves other advantage which is mobility, if you can't see them you can at least deny them freedom of movement by forcing them to have to eat AOE attacks to get to you, otherwise they can run away (and you win the fight by default, even if you don't get the stomp)

So yeah if we can actually encourage some actual fun and creative counters to mechanics instead of just asking them to be outright deconstructed hiding behind a fake idea of "balance", usually just means 'Take away this mechanic so I can have easy wins please'. 

Shoot and flail your weapons randomly around you, got it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/14/2024 at 12:52 PM, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Shoot and flail your weapons randomly around you, got it.

Yes dude, you don't just get to have an abundance of reveal to the point where stealth becomes redundant, just adapt, stealth only lasts for a few seconds at a time, there is no perma stealth anymore

Edited by Daenxi.4530
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3