Why a legendary backpack?

49 minutes ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

We are getting open world backpack because there is too many people playing this game who are abhorrently scared of participating in a piece of content that you have to LFG for. God forbid actually interacting with other players. 

I tend to avoid instanced content and partying up cuz i dont wanna bog other players down with my incompetency xD i tend to play my own way, taking my time and sometimes daydreaming. Lets just say people dont really appreciate those things within 5 or 10 man groups.  "They gotta do the fractal fast" or something like that.

Therefor i avoid instanced content x3 and i am glad there is a new Leggo backpack comin out. We'll just see how it looks and maybe this noob/rper will actually go for it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did they confirm that it will be open world only, maybe require convergences, anywhere? I see this assumption grow stronger and stronger the longer this thread is getting and as much as I would like it to be real, is there any confirmation from ANet for it?

I want a legendary infusion and a legendary aqua breather plz.

Legendary infusions:

1. Can change stats without costs
  2. do have both WvW stats and AR stats so you don't have to switch infusions when you move from fractals to WvW
  3. Can toggle cosmetic effects on and off
  4. May or may not come with an unique cosmetic effect
  5. Allow you to change any of your already unlocked cosmetic infusion effects without costs (<This would also require a feature update that you can permanently unlock cosmetic infusion effects to your wardrobe)

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Legendary infusions:

2. do have both WvW stats and AR stats so you don't have to switch infusions when you move from fractals to WvW
  5. Allow you to change any of your unlocked cosmetic infusion effects without costs

yes plz ! but have to admit ppl are right about the reason behind an open world backpack , gw 2 mainstream is the casual open world enjoyer , it's neither pve endgame (fractals , strike and raids) neither world versus world , neither pvp.

Why is there so little updates on those contents while open world will got 4 new maps (with metas , achiev. and everything going with) when endgame pve whill get 1 frac (with cm) 2 strikes (with cm) , now they will add a raid , but there will be an open world version of this raid.

Everything for the mainstream , but in regards of marketing it's the right choice , i say that while i am an endgame pve enjoyer , open world is just for me : do achiev , collect the cool skins and ciao never see my again. I don't expect anything from the story after primordius and jormag speedrun kill.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Legendary infusions:

5. Allow you to change any of your already unlocked cosmetic infusion effects without costs (<This would also require a feature update that you can permanently unlock cosmetic infusion effects to your wardrobe)

Now, that would have been something! Instead, we are getting a back item, meh.

• Confused 4

On 8/13/2024 at 3:15 PM, Jeyzer.1605 said:

We already have three legendary backpacks to choose from, one for each game mode (WvW, PvP and PvE). 

With the number of people that complain about having to get a gift a battle - a backpack makes perfect sense!  

• Confused 2

22 hours ago, illuminati.8453 said:

With the number of people that complain about having to get a gift a battle - a backpack makes perfect sense!  

Actually ad infinitium doesn't need a gift of battle , that's one of the main reason it was my first legendary , another way to have the gift of battle would be appreciated , but it's not as bad as that ,+- 4 hours of wvw with xp buffs to the track and it's done , a bit sad they remove potion from daily 50 currency spend from wvw , was easy way to farm it without even entering wvw.