Idea: Allow Gift of Battle and Gift of Exploration to be traded for each other.

2 GoBs = 1 GoE. PvE players have been begging for an alternative way to earn the Gift of Battle for years, and many players, WvW mains included, find Core map completion to be extremely tedious (seriously, 300 Renown Hearts!?) I think a really good compromise would be to allow the two Gifts to be exchanged, so if you really hate one or the other you have the option of just doing more of whichever you find more tolerable.

• Like 9
  • Confused 8

3 hours ago, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

2 GoBs = 1 GoE. PvE players have been begging for an alternative way to earn the Gift of Battle for years, and many players, WvW mains included, find Core map completion to be extremely tedious (seriously, 300 Renown Hearts!?) I think a really good compromise would be to allow the two Gifts to be exchanged, so if you really hate one or the other you have the option of just doing more of whichever you find more tolerable.

I think the ratio cannot be equal, but rather scaled down to still incentivize playing the correct mode.
To play on your suggestion a little, 2x GoE into 2x GoB on the Mystic Forge npc, but 3x GoB into 1x GoE, so you cant just pass them back and forth.

A PvE player can either trade excess/new grind GoE for GoB if they hate WvW so much, but the time ratio is less rewarding, in which youd basically need speedrunner time to make the PvE option take the same time as just patiently grinding out 1x GoB.
Do note that each toon completed gives 2x GoE, so we CANNOT have a 1:1 option, it needs to be 2:2 to encourage playing WvW actively and getting that 1x GoB faster than doing a GoE run.

3x passive GoB without boosters is still more time/sanity saved for many WvW players than 1x annoying GoE run.
And the fact that most of us probably have stockpiles anyway...
In fact it may not be unreasonable to suggest an even higher ratio than 3:1.

• Like 6

I hate to say it but this idea is not new. At all.

now my own stand on that matter aside: it clearly is not implemented (yet) and I’d wager to say it never will.

because it seems like anet just wants you to put effort into multiple gamemodes if you wanna have a lego. May it be bad or good, it is what it is. Legendaries are just a bonus, and if you wanna have it, then power through whatever you don’t like.

i would like to make GoE easier to get. From a pure time invest, GoB is way quicker than GoE. Maybe one could get a GoE by exploring only the charr-maps. Or the norn maps. (Etc).

this way you would get 4 GoEs per 100% map comp. (Charr / norn / humans / sylvary+asura)

i think that would be okay. Or something like that.

Edited by CafPow.1542
  • Like 8

I  personally would be ok with a trade system. As long as the game has all the options for me to hide/disable all those ugly clown-suits/clown-weapons, so I never have to see the ugly attention crying stuff people call "fashion" in this game.

But realistically ANet seems dedicated to stick to their current system that players should have to participate in every part of the game (including WvW and PvE map completion) to craft a legendary. And they've already added a way around it by letting you buy/sell most of the legendary weapons on the TP. So I don't expect this to ever change, so sorry to say but I do find the requests for changing this to be futile.

Problems is people like me who have hundreds or thousands gifts of battle because this way u minimize inventory spam + back in the day u could buy it with badges of honor, so some people really do have metric tons of gob, leggy market would be in shambles if gob becomes tradable 

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

Problems is people like me who have hundreds or thousands gifts of battle because this way u minimize inventory spam + back in the day u could buy it with badges of honor, so some people really do have metric tons of gob, leggy market would be in shambles if gob becomes tradable 

Would it? So you are allowed to trade GoB to a vendor for GoEs or GoEs for GoB with a tax factor. Tax factor would need to be considered with numbers that Anets has. So lets say its 10 to 1 for the discussion. Even if you got 100 GoEs after trading them out, would a player have the precursors and all the other mats to create the actual leggos to then sell?

You might be right and without numbers can't say. I don't think a 1:1 trade would be valid. There would need to be a price to exchange either direction for it to be a vendor swap. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

Just put them in the wizard vult.

I think this would be a bad move for all game modes personally. To put it in the WV the price would need in the 30K range before that point. Again there needs to be an extra cost for not acquiring them in their own game mode for all gifts. Leggos should have some weight to them. I say this as I am working through some more GoEs myself.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I think this would be a bad move for all game modes personally. To put it in the WV the price would need in the 30K range before that point. Again there needs to be an extra cost for not acquiring them in their own game mode for all gifts. Leggos should have some weight to them. I say this as I am working through some more GoEs myself.

You should not foce ppl into game types they do not want to play to get legendarily weapons. Just as they made it so you can get legendarily armor in any game type.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

You should not foce ppl into game types they do not want to play to get legendarily weapons. Just as they made it so you can get legendarily armor in any game type.

Do you actually need leggo gear since we have templates? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

And again, if you want it out in the WV, that could be done, but again there should be a price to that conversion. It's the same discussion for WvW to get leggo armor when it was raid only. It can be done but should have 'tax' built into it. For WvW that was 22 and 44 week factors compared to people just doing the raids. 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624

23 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Do you actually need leggo gear since we have templates? 

Yes no one likes to have all of that space being taken up.

19 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

And again, if you want it out in the WV, that could be done, but again there should be a price to that conversion. It's the same discussion for WvW to get leggo armor when it was raid only. It can be done but should have 'tax' built into it. For WvW that was 22 and 44 week factors compared to people just doing the raids. 

But why dose it realty add to the game for ppl to foces them into playing different game types. Ppl simply do with out and you always want ppl to be working to something even if they are harder to get by only doing one game type.

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, urd.8306 said:

Why would you want people to buy gems instead of playing the game? That's what you do when you put gold into the equation.

People that buy gems buy the leggy in the AH

I want to reduce profitability of leggies for the AH for people using the GoB <~> GoE exchange to avoid leggy deflation due to more offered leggies.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/19/2024 at 4:38 AM, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

3x passive GoB without boosters is still more time/sanity saved for many WvW players than 1x annoying GoE run.

6x active GoE is still more time/sanity saves for many PvE players than 1x annoying GoB track....

WvW makes me click that small X in the top right corner....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 8/19/2024 at 12:06 PM, joneirikb.7506 said:

As long as the game has all the options for me to hide/disable all those ugly clown-suits/clown-weapons, so I never have to see the ugly attention crying stuff people call "fashion" in this game.

I mean, this option does exist.

you can disable model conplexity.

19 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

You want lego? Work for it. U no like game? Don’t play.

simple as.

17 hours ago, Dayra.7405 said:

People that buy gems buy the leggy in the AH

I want to reduce profitability of leggies for the AH for people using the GoB <~> GoE exchange to avoid leggy deflation due to more offered leggies.

Only gen 1 and gen 3 leg. weapons , no armor , no trinkets and none leg weapon gen 2 is available for sale. 

Think giving just 1 GoB and 1 GoE in the vault (means one every 3 months) would not be bad , or have option from both side to skip this part with another option , 100% exploration is a freaking nightmare , the hearts ... boring asf , same effect as a diazepam on me after 3 hearts , and world versus world is like destiny 2 obligation to do some sort of pvp to get weapon x and y , most players who don't want to do any sort of pvp just run back and forth from a camp to another camp waiting to re re re capture it and prey to not face a real player  for 4-5 hours , it's not long for a mmo , but it's also boring asf.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

Only gen 1 and gen 3 leg. weapons , no armor , no trinkets and none leg weapon gen 2 is available for sale. 

You only need GoE for Gen1 weapons (and scribe, but I don't know scribe)

You need GoB for Gen1,2,3 and WvW-leggies, like wvw-leggy armor, wvw-leggy-ring, wvw-leggy-backpack, but in this case getting a GoB is nothing compared to getting the Skirmish-tickets 🙂 

I would rate the trade only admissible to build Gen1 weapons.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, LadyRhonwyn.2501 said:

There's one thing I never understood...  WvW players are always complaining about the uselessness of PvE players.  But they're also against any method that would stop those players joining...

I am just against a leggy overproduction resulting from removing a strong pain point. Leggies have a value as it is hard and painful to build them. If you reduce the pain the value shrinks.

Maybe the WvW player don’t want to loose the opposing GoB hunter 😁

Edited by Dayra.7405

3 hours ago, CafPow.1542 said:

I mean, this option does exist.

you can disable model conplexity.

You want lego? Work for it. U no like game? Don’t play.

simple as.

Well ya but why should it only be in one game type? Wvw the one game type that should have its own set of weapons that can be made into legendary (after all of the countless weapons they added in and not made them any thing but base line asnaced.) The same could be said for pve there a lot of raids and dungeons that should have there own set of legendary weapons.

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, CafPow.1542 said:

I want prismatic amulet

This one was rather long. Worth doing it, but better to do it as a group, was fun looking back at it but long while going thru it. Felt like you earned it after the collection. Similar, Gen 1 legendary weapons give that same feel since you need to do both PvE and WvW to get the final product.