WvW & PvE Warclaw no longer forward dashes on jump

WvW & PvE Warclaw no longer forward dashes unless you dodge, before it would work when you would jump/hit space. 

To clarify "Disable Conditional Mount Movement Ability Input" is NOT on

Edited by HekateKitty.1796
Clarification / Additional Info
  • Like 13
  • Confused 1

• HekateKitty.1796 changed the title to WvW & PvE Warclaw no longer forward dashes on jump
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I did a quick check into this and it is intended as part of the warclaw's skill updates. The warclaw now jumps instead of dashes upon pressing the jump button. Dash is still available using the skill bar.

Then what's the point of us having the Disable Conditional Mount Movement Ability Input option? Not to mention the fact that Raptors long jump skill is triggered when jumping.

Edited by HekateKitty.1796
Typos
  • Like 15
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I did a quick check into this and it is intended as part of the warclaw's skill updates. The warclaw now jumps instead of dashes upon pressing the jump button. Dash is still available using the skill bar.

Should have probably been mentioned as part of it's rework notes. I'm guessing it's because jump will now trigger the double jumping thing, and dash becomes just a side skill.

HOWEVER: This also happens in WvW, where there's no double jump. That kinda sucks.

Edited by Skie.8904
WvW addition
  • Like 23

1 hour ago, HekateKitty.1796 said:

Then what's the point of us having the Disable Conditional Mount Movement Ability Input option? Not to mention the fact that Raptors long jump skill is triggered when jumping.

Yes, exactly. I call BS on that statement. It's especially concerning given that if anyone should know, it's ArenaNet staff....

• Like 11
  • Confused 1

Workaround is to change your bind for Mount Ability 1 to also have spacebar.

From my own testing this will return the pre-patch functionality to all mounts except for Skyscale. This will break your ability to fly.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

or just use your dodge key while on the mount, if you tap/hold it you will dash for the max distance.   Its not the end of the world, and it makes sense with the primary ability being taken up by PvE-lands variant of warclaw.  As WvW players, you should know how to use your dodge key already, so its not even an inconvenience.

Edited by neven.7528
  • Like 2
  • Confused 11

It's a change that affects muscle memory retraining, thats bad.

But in princile I like that jump (space) and leap (dodge on v for me) are now separated, jumps don't consume endurance and are sometimes needed for terrain.

• Like 4

I just wish that key mapping of mount abilities worked... FOR ALL MOUNTS, consistently. There's currently no key mapping setup that doesn't break anything in both PvE and WvW.

Don't have this mount ability 1/2 nonsense. Just add Mount 1-5 skill key bindings that completely override weapon skill keybindings when mounted. That's it. Right now it's this weird BS where part of the ability skill bar hotkeys "bleed through" from the weapon hotkeys, while other part is overriden, but only for some specific mount types. It's ridiculous.

Edited by SpaceMarine.1836
  • Like 10

I would say Warclaw is the only mount so far that have done it right. 1-5 is bound to 1-5 weapon abilities, and jump is bound to normal jump key. The other ones have 2 random mount abilities bound to strange other keys that often disrupts other key-binds if bound to the wrong key. They should remake the other mounts to mirror the warclaw, or make individual hotkeys.

3 hours ago, SpaceMarine.1836 said:

I just wish that key mapping of mount abilities worked... FOR ALL MOUNTS, consistently. There's currently no key mapping setup that doesn't break anything in both PvE and WvW.

Don't have this mount ability 1/2 nonsense. Just add Mount 1-5 skill key bindings that completely override weapon skill keybindings when mounted. That's it. Right now it's this weird BS where part of the ability skill bar hotkeys "bleed through" from the weapon hotkeys, while other part is overriden, but only for some specific mount types. It's ridiculous.

Agreed about the 1-5 mount specific ones; currently i have to click Chain pull WITH MY MOUSE because i can't use the key binding it's set to; which for me is "E" (Weapon skill #3), which is also bound to mount ability #2

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

WvW Warclaw no longer has a conditional mount ability on spacebar. It has always been [dash] the same way the roller beetle works when you hit spacebar and it uses its conditional mount ability [Boost]. WvW Warclaw's only conditional ability is the dash ability, and "disable conditional mount movement ability input" has been the means to remove the dash from spacebar on Warclaw in WvW. This has been the defaulted ability on spacebar as the mounts only conditional movement ability since 2019.

WvW Warclaw cannot air jump and doesnt have the ability to dash while in the air like its PvE counterpart. The core function of this mount is different in each game mode. As much as its tooltips, skins, and skill icons look the same; the purpose, overall mobility, and skills of the mount are completely different. Settings and changes should reflect an understanding of this with it being repurposed as new content in a completely different game mode.

This feature being removed from WvW seems out of place as the function of the Warclaw in WvW has not changed. Hopefully, this was an oversight, not an actual intended change, and we will see a fix for this issue as this is very inconvenient for many of the WvW players that I've talked to since the expansion's launch.

Currently, there is no way for players to revert back to the old settings that, for 5 years, have been the default and muscle memory for them.

Settings to toggle "Conditional Mount Movement Ability Input" for each mount and game mode individually would be my only recommendation to solve this issue with it adding the dash ability back to spacebar for WvW.

• Like 18

14 hours ago, Sjentra.3409 said:

Agreed about the 1-5 mount specific ones; currently i have to click Chain pull WITH MY MOUSE because i can't use the key binding it's set to; which for me is "E" (Weapon skill #3), which is also bound to mount ability #2

I'm having the same issue, albeit with spear throw (skill #4) since it shares a bind with Mount Ability #2 in my case. I like it that way since they typically occupy the same skill slot on the hotbar for other mounts.
Very annoying, if I'll be honest.

• Like 3

On 8/20/2024 at 12:01 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

this is stupid. change it back this is the dumbest small change that anyone could have made.

• Like 6