Warrior spear is fantastic, massive improvement, well done Anet!

WingSwipe.3084

Feels good in open world PVE after the changes reducing the empty time you wait for hits to strike. Currently using it on Spellbreaker and I appreciate that the Daze was made baseline so it always procs Spb traits. Aiming my Burst skill honestly takes some getting used to. 

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

That instant realisation that Warrior is not allowed even a single good thing about the class 

I’ve seen this song and dance before, currently waiting for the other shoe to drop.

There is always a monkeys paw situation with warriors balance.

This time they could prove me wrong.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

idk i only had time to play one match this afternoon but it felt like damage got nerfed significantly

specifically on wild throw, spearmarshal, and disrupting throw. i expected it for spearmarshal (cause 2.45 coefficient on a tracking skill is kinda crazy) but disrupting and wild throw do like 1/3rd the damage they did during beta. not sure all of them needed hit THAT hard.

also the refund on the 5 doesn't work, relatively certain it's because the skill doesn't go on CD until the animation is done, way after the hit itself registers 

Edited by Shagie.7612
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Haven't had much time with it yet, but the skills seem much more cohesive and lending the weapon a proper identity (an actual ranged pdps weapon). Good work to the team for pulling everything together in the end!

Still wish the primal burst skill didn't just look like sword's primal burst skill, especially considering the animations other professions got, but if it's fun, I can't really complain.

• Like 1

Wait a second.

• Spearmarshal's Support: This skill has been moved to the fourth skill slot. Reduced the damage multiplier from 0.7 to 0.6 in PvE. The target now takes increased damage from this skill. Spears now spawn over the target without delay, regardless of its distance from the player. Increased the radius from 90 to 120. Decreased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 15 seconds.

I could have sworn its still 20 seconds with the CD, thats what i saw in PvP when i tried it last night.

Can anyone confirm?

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/21/2024 at 7:48 AM, WingSwipe.3084 said:

I’ve seen this song and dance before, currently waiting for the other shoe to drop.

There is always a monkeys paw situation with warriors balance.

This time they could prove me wrong.

Considering your reply to my comment, may I just say...

hahahahahaha...... hahahahahahahahahaha KNEW IT 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/20/2024 at 1:54 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Don't jinx it 😭

Speaking of... 😭🍵

If they ever accidentally ship good content for warrior again we can't be outwardly happy about it because when it's time to balance it'll just be the first thing they take away. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Speaking of... 😭🍵

If they ever accidentally ship good content for warrior again we can't be outwardly happy about it because when it's time to balance it'll just be the first thing they take away. 

In all fairness, this was the work of the PvP crowd not understand the underlying warrior issue of "Spellbreaker in PvP". Something, something, object permanence.

Its alright, Solar Storm is untouched because spear doing damage is apparently fine, as long as it comes with healing, boons, utility and not just damage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1