Homestead - A large number decoration item are not craft-able [Merged]

There's definitely some strange issues at play.  Personally, I also only show 300/400 handiwork after training all four levels of Homestead mastery.  However, I have significantly more recipes available for me to craft than my husband who sits right next to me.  For example, I have 35 Journeyman recipes available to me compared to 11 available to them.  Neither of us are on characters that have the Scribing profession and even if that was playing a role, we both have max level scribing on another character.

Also, we have both visited each others homesteads before and after fully leveling our masteries.

Screenshot of my handiwork recipes (well at least as many as I could fit in one screenshot): https://imgur.com/a/xd5Wrl8

Edit:  Also to note, I have the Wayfinder's Versatile Table unlocked and it is displaying as red.  If I try to craft it (the button allows me to try), it displays a message saying "That content has been temporarily disabled.  Please try again later." and nothing is crafted.

Edited by Dahkeus.8243

On 8/22/2024 at 5:12 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Well first of all, I'm envious of each and every one of you--I'm dying to start decorating and haven't had much time to play yet! 😄 

More seriously, I am passing this on so people can start looking into it. Thank you for the details you included as well, that sort of thing helps with investigation!

I was told on another thread that Handiworker cannot be maxed out at this point and that this was intentional. I was told I had to wait for future patches where additional tracks would be added to the Handiworker Mastery.

So, this information is inaccurate then and it is indeed a bug?

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Dahkeus.8243 said:

There's definitely some strange issues at play.  Personally, I also only show 300/400 handiwork after training all four levels of Homestead mastery.  However, I have significantly more recipes available for me to craft than my husband who sits right next to me.  For example, I have 35 Journeyman recipes available to me compared to 11 available to them.  Neither of us are on characters that have the Scribing profession and even if that was playing a role, we both have max level scribing on another character.

Also, we have both visited each others homesteads before and after fully leveling our masteries.

Screenshot of my handiwork recipes (well at least as many as I could fit in one screenshot): https://imgur.com/a/xd5Wrl8

Edit:  Also to note, I have the Wayfinder's Versatile Table unlocked and it is displaying as red.  If I try to craft it (the button allows me to try), it displays a message saying "That content has been temporarily disabled.  Please try again later." and nothing is crafted.

They have temporarily disabled crafting of the Wayfinder's Versatile Table due to issues that occurred. They're working on a fix.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mystflower.7319 said:

They have temporarily disabled crafting of the Wayfinder's Versatile Table due to issues that occurred. They're working on a fix.

Makes sense.  Thanks for the heads up.  Fortunately I don't need to craft it, but just wanted to pass along my observations.

Speaking of which, my husband has also tried the following to get access to the other recipes that are showing for me, but not for them:

They have learned scribing on the character that they have been playing primarily since the expansion.

They have logged on their max level scribe to see what handiwork recipes show up.

Still, they cannot see anything other than the same recipes, which do not include all the ones I have.  It does look like these recipes (that they do not have) may have been scribing recipes imported over since they are things like drizzlewood trees and snow piles, while they have new recipes to the expansion such as Kodan Bone Bookshelf.

13 minutes ago, Dahkeus.8243 said:

We have temporarily disabled the ability to craft the Wayfinders Versatile Table while we address an issue.

1 minute ago, Dahkeus.8243 said:

Sharing a screenshot for comparison:

Here is what my husband sees for handiwork recipes (all four masteries are trained): https://imgur.com/a/97XdlM1

This can be compared to the screenshot I shared earlier of my handiwork with all the same masteries trained.  Their account name is Jevati.4328

https://imgur.com/Mzi2PJahttps://imgur.com/Mzi2PJa

I've made a list of current bugs mentioned / noticed by fellow players, you can find that here: Bugs list.
The thing you describe / show here is another bug. You most likely won't be able to craft any of the recipes you see besides those under novice. It's another bug the Devs are aware of and they're working on a fix according to Ruby's message: 

• Thanks 1

Ok...quick update.  The discrepancy for **some** of these may be from recipes sold by the heart quest vendor Vast Caldera.  I didn't think I had bought any of the recipes from them...but maybe I had since that seems to cover most of the different recipes that were different between us. 

For example, I found that I had already learned the recipes from the items "Homestead Recipe Book: Trees", "Homestead Recipe Book: Benches, Chairs, Stools" and "Homestead Recipe Book: Balloons"

However, I can confirm that I am still able to craft Snow Pile, while my husband cannot.  After we both went back and purchased all recipes from heart quest vendors, I have 122 Journeyman recipes unlocked, while they only have 119.

so my main that did the story cant craft ANYTHING in homestead, but my alts can? 

also when i go to homestead with my alts i can see the cooking station and the bloodstone guy npc but not with my main.

Also the alts do not have ALL the crafting items as my main. 

anyone else has the same issue ?

11 minutes ago, kara.4597 said:

so my main that did the story cant craft ANYTHING in homestead, but my alts can? 

also when i go to homestead with my alts i can see the cooking station and the bloodstone guy npc but not with my main.

Also the alts do not have ALL the crafting items as my main. 

anyone else has the same issue ?

Yes, it's a major bug. The devs are working on a fix. 

15 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hello and happy Monday! I have an update to share on this: We have a fix for this and are running final rounds of tests on it. We will have the fix to you today!

Thank you! I know you guys have been working hard. Appreciate the response! 🙂

• Like 2

After removing some grass in the area, when I try to put it back, it takes on the appearance of the last object used. So I can't put the grass back.

Some other looks, such as the potted shrub, have the same appearance as the basic one. Whereas in the craft image they look different.

You can't craft grass and it's a shame there aren't different colors like green to make a real lawn.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hello and happy Monday! I have an update to share on this: We have a fix for this and are running final rounds of tests on it. We will have the fix to you today!

There is no better development or community team out there. None! Thank you all so much!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VVhiteVVabbit.6821 said:

There is no better development or community team out there. None! Thank you all so much!

Comparatively, yes, Anet does a better job, but ideally a bug like this shouldn't have gone live in the first place.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

We thank you i for one love the whole home thing and summoning a home after LLA reset instead of traveling to rata sum. Its also given me something to do after i beat your story and unlocked my legendary relic new relics. 

On 8/22/2024 at 11:36 AM, Sen.7530 said:

Same with me 300/400 and when I craft some decorations, it ate the resources but I don't get the decorations. I am missing a few carts and lighting cart, 5 drizzelwood trees, keg, the big keg and a few bushes :classic_sad:

This is my issue as well.. Eating materials, says X of 250 in homestead but nothing appears in my  decorations when I go to place them or randomly spawned around homestead. I've tried crafting from each tier to try and sort of force the game to recognize the crafting lvl, no luck. I tried ye' olde exit and re-enter after crafting a decoration. I've not tried crafting with separate characters because worried about lost resources at this point.  Of course, I didn't go for small things so makes me sweat a bit.... went straight for the ones I really wanted: balloons and statues, jade sea pillars, etc.. 

1 minute ago, Mario Lemieux.9107 said:

Wonderful.

Looks like they just patched this.

But now, after patching, I can't play any character.

I'm getting the "The game client is unable to gain access to the login server" error, after which the client closes.

Same problem here; I can log in but once I select a character to load it gives the error message.

Edited by Mystflower.7319

• ArenaNet Staff

This last fix corrected the issue. (And the brief connectivity problem seems to have resolved!)

Once you log back in, you will need to briefly log in each character who has learned homestead recipes. This will unlock those recipes for your entire account. Thank you all for being patient while we worked on this!

• Like 1

Just now, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

This last fix corrected the issue. (And the brief connectivity problem seems to have resolved!)

Once you log back in, you will need to briefly log in each character who has learned homestead recipes. This will unlock those recipes for your entire account. Thank you all for being patient while we worked on this!

And what happens with the crafted decorations? 'Cos they keep missing after being crafted!

It would be awesome if the homestead settings, both stayed as we put them (day or night, gliding disabled till enabled, etc.) but also those settings effect party. Right now only the host gets effected by the disabling/enabling stuff (like mount/glide/damage)

24 minutes ago, Cambeleg.7632 said:

And what happens with the crafted decorations? 'Cos they keep missing after being crafted!

Same Problem I can now craft stuff (mats getting consumed and amount shows up in the crafting window), but it still doesn't show anything when i want to place them.