List of Homestead bugs noticed by players

On 8/23/2024 at 5:39 PM, Mystflower.7319 said:

3. The Silverwastes, the Dry Top & Arborstone don’t allow the homestead door to be conjured, it gives the error 'cannot be summoned in this map'
The same thing happens in Armistice Bastion but then it  gives the error 'You cannot do that right now'.

Same happens at the top of Kaineng jumping puzzle, mistlock, and wvw maps... I can't make the door. I keep getting the  'You cannot do that right now' message. 

Reported via in-game bug report as well, but my collection boxes ate my glyphs.   I applied 2x scavenger glyphs to my homestead collection chests (wood, ore) and a glyph of alchemy to the forage chest prior to reset.  After applying the scavenger glyphs, the icon over the collection chest listed prospector glyph, but I couldn't check the functionality because I had set it on the boxes after I harvested them.  Upon logging in after reset, no glyphs appear on any of the collection boxes.  I can't imagine the glyphs are supposed to be one time use and I'd really hate wasting time taking them off and re-applying them every day........ 

edit: I just opened the boxes, and the glyph effects did actually apply even though it is not listed on the box, either on icon or when I go "manage" the glyph.

Edited by Kitrace Starbird.1742
additional information

10 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

There's a big button on the UI that says Decorate (L). When I hit L, my WvW panel comes up instead. I have custom keybinds and use L for it.

You can change that in your Control Options menu [F11] under Miscellaneous...  Called "Decorate Mode Toggle"

• Thanks 1

1. Wintersday Tree is at a toppling position, causing all its ornaments to be out of alignment, they are floating in the air, including the star.

2. Lady Wisteria misses her bloodstone node! Has it been moved to the cave or have they left it in the DR home instance?!

2. Cats walk on and walk through everything, walls, pillars, trees, etc. They have become ghost cats in our homestead.

3. Catmmanders fighting messages like "BAM', "POW" appear at the starting point of each team instead of appearing in the center where the fight is.

4. Who moved my quaggans? My squad of Quaggans is missing! Help!  😦 They always hang around the fountain near to the Wintersday Tree area in my Divinity Reach home. They are nowhere to be found in Homestead. Or they are not coming over? 😢

Edited by Sugar Min.5834

40 minutes ago, Sugar Min.5834 said:

4. Who moved my quaggans? My squad of Quaggans is missing! Help!  😦 They always hang around the fountain near to the Wintersday Tree area in my Divinity Reach home. They are nowhere to be found in Homestead. Or they are not coming over? 😢

Idk, maybe in the water, it's large 

There is an issue with Obstacle Torches (all colors). I have alot of them, but every time i go to homestade i have to relight them all again, it's quite a pain.. In the case of Kodan Decorative torch there is no need to relight it, so i don't think it should be work like that.

Edited by Pyziaa.5314
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sasya neko.1985 said:

i can't even progress trough the quest, i craft the bed but it's nowhere to be found yet it says i have one.

Have you tried adjusting your filter settings in the decoration selection list?
Start decorating -> Decoraction selection -> uncheck the following options: Placed, Unplaced, Placeable -> checkmark all the three 'show' options.

9 minutes ago, Mystflower.7319 said:

Have you tried adjusting your filter settings in the decoration selection list?
Start decorating -> Decoraction selection -> uncheck the following options: Placed, Unplaced, Placeable -> checkmark all the three 'show' options.

checked everything, still nothing

• Confused 1

I have made 5 Koden beds for my Homestead and none have showed up in my decorating inventory. I can't move forward with the storyline Home Sweet Home, "place bed in the loft". I have tried several work-arounds, but still nothing. I quit the storyline and tried to craft the bed, and still it doesn't show up in the inventory. I have placed 3 tickets and to no avail. I hope this gets a fix, Janthri Wilds is the last expansion I need to finish "Storylines", I have finished all the rest of the expansions, with no issues.  

• Sad 1

With a maxed mastery, placement outside of the circle in the map is still not allowed.

I tried to place a fence back where it was, and I got the dreaded Placement not allowed.

The entire entrance is also covered by an invisible area where you can't decorate.

This entire expansion has been like Frogurt so far.  Every time is "X is good, but it comes with horrible caveat Y".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ok. I can decorate, but only with some characters.

It's as if the characters were stuck at different mastery tiers. Some were updated to the 4th tier, others show "mastery unlock" in the doors of the homestead, and they can't decorate everywhere.

Some characters even get a crash if they try to edit a decoration.

I have all home instance nodes and full homestead mastery.  Yesterday and today, the gather all on storebox worked for plants and wood, but not ore.  It left behind iron ore yesterday and only gave me one hit instead of three, and today it left behind iron ore and gave me two hits + it didn't gather jade fragments (except the icon for jade fragments on the minimap was gone).  Here's some pictures I took after I gathered from the storebox: https://imgur.com/a/zrZ8yM1

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sugar Min.5834 said:

Those are specific to home instance, because in the main story, you have a choice of helping quaggans or skritt (I think it's only those two?) and after you save them, they hang out in your HI.

23 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

There's a big button on the UI that says Decorate (L). When I hit L, my WvW panel comes up instead. I have custom keybinds and use L for it.

when I hit L, nothing happens. I have to exit action camera and use my mouse.

I have a few custom keybinds but I don't think any of mine are linked to L.

• Like 1

I pretty constantly get an error "instance requested no longer exists" when I try to join my husband's homestead. We both have homesteads unlocked. If he's already in his from another map and I try to join it, I stay in my map and get that error message. It persists until he leaves the homestead and then goes back in (and even then it takes a minute).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pyziaa.5314 said:

There is an issue with Obstacle Torches (all colors). I have alot of them, but every time i go to homestade i have to relight them all again, it's quite a pain.. In the case of Kodan Decorative torch there is no need to relight it, so i don't think it should be work like that.

Sadly, I don't think this is a bug but intended. They're copied from the Guild Hall PvP arena, in there they work the same way.