12 year bday gift sucks

On 8/28/2024 at 7:52 AM, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

that example, warcraft was a real time strategy game and not an mmo, and world of warcraft is an mmo but of course has no sequel and the playerbase didnt want to make a new one, not a very good comparison,.  Thats like saying i bought final fantasy 1 so therefore i should get ffxiv, its rediculous.  path of exile is also a terrible example, since its also not an mmo, and not comparable to this conversation at all.

So their argument is invalid because warcraft and WoW aren't the same genre, thus can't be considered sequels and don't count as example for an older game being abandoned after the new one came out? Well gw1 is a COrpg unlike gw2 that is an MMOrpg, then it also doesn't count for your argument. Since they're not the same genre of game they can't be sequels 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/28/2024 at 11:08 AM, Biziut.3594 said:

ANet could have not done any of that, and They could charge for everything from the beginning, They didn't, so thats enough a gift for me.

You're completely missing the point...

It's not entitlement to expect some appreciation, that's like telling your wife she's not getting anything because you spent the entire year fixing the house and working on her car.

It's not about giving EVERYONE a free gift either, it's about looking at the people that made a character in 2012 and giving THOSE people something to look at, it could be just a balloon, anything you can show off and point at to say "yeah, I've been playing this game for 12 years" considering in years pass we got a special chair (pose rock) and infinite birthday cake, getting nothing to look at for years in a row does suck in a game that's ultimately all about getting stuff to show off.

• Confused 6

The best BDay anniversary present is the 8th year, after that it went down hill faster than Jack and Jill. They even stopped giving you Titles from the 11th year onwards >.> Before, every year I looked forward to receiving these presents but this year my 12th anniversary being on the first week of Sep, today I have yet to login to my main to collect the gifts knowing they sux big time. Bleh.

Edited by Sugar Min.5834
  • Confused 5

4 hours ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

It's not entitlement to expect some appreciation, that's like telling your wife she's not getting anything because you spent the entire year fixing the house and working on her car.

It's not about giving EVERYONE a free gift either, it's about looking at the people that made a character in 2012 and giving THOSE people something to look at, it could be just a balloon, anything you can show off and point at to say "yeah, I've been playing this game for 12 years" considering in years pass we got a special chair (pose rock) and infinite birthday cake, getting nothing to look at for years in a row does suck in a game that's ultimately all about getting stuff to show off.

why? whats so special about 12 years?

• Like 2

On 8/28/2024 at 12:52 AM, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

path of exile is also a terrible example, since its also not an mmo, and not comparable to this conversation at all.

Good point. Then again, you also insisted that the GW2 community is stupid for not holding Anet to the same standards as gacha players do for their games, so I guess logic only matters to you when it serves your agenda (of just dooming on the game).

None of the other MMOs I've played really gave any anniversary gifts worth remembering, and I can't remember a single one that gave character-based birthday gifts at all. Because of this, I'm fine with what Anet has chosen to give us. I wouldn't oppose getting more, but that doesn't mean I need to agree that Anet is doing any of us an active disservice by keeping things the way they are..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

You compare two diffrent things. You bought a product from ANet, You have the right to use it, ANet job is to mantain it. Thats what I expect Them to do, additional free vanity trinkets are nice touch but they are unnecessery. You made a deal, You get what You paid for. You have a right to "expect" to get something more, but You have no right to demand it, nor being angry when Your "expectations" aren't met. It is ANet free will if They choose to give You a gift. Plus imho, if You force someone to give You a gift... than it's not really a gift.

As for Your misguided comparison. Your wife is not a product... at least I hope so. xd

Look at this terms below, and take them to Your heart.

You repairing a house is a (Work), You do work to eighter earn (Money), or (It's Your own kitten house, if You want to live in the dump than it's on You)

You repairing Your wife car is (Work) and eighter a (Favor) or a (Deal) depending on what You and Your wife have established. If it's Your (Favor) for Her than You might (Expect) something in return, but You are in no right to (Demand) anything. You are in position to make (Demands) if You and Your wife made a (Deal) that she will give You something in return.

You see that the above have nothing to do with (Gifts). You do not recive (Gifts) from Your loved ones becouse You are (Expecting) them, nor becouse You are (Demanding) them. You recive (Gifts) becouse You are (Loved and Appreciated).

Relationship between You and ANet is a (Deal). They do (Work), You give (Money). In return You get a (Product). A thing that so great many peoples are mistaking for (Work).

You are playing and probably enjoying a game, a product that You bought made by strangers that do not have a responsibility to have a relationship with You, let alone give You a free gifts. Their (Work) is maintaining a game to earn (Money), thus, You should be thankful that You get any (Gifts) at all. I know I am.

I made character in 2012, what I look for is not some baloon I can wave to show of. It's the content I play, lore I learn, friends I make. 

a game that's ultimately all about getting stuff to show off.

Yes, and the "Getting" part is what makes the game alive, plus the things I mentioned above this quote, the main meal and the cake. "Stuff to show off" is just the cherry on the top of this cake. If the game would consist only from the free gifted stuff to show off, without the gameplay to earn it, You would end up with a "beautiful cherry... but also with empty belly" and the game would fall faster than Concord. ^^

Edited by Biziut.3594
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/25/2024 at 1:47 AM, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

skins for vets only, legendarys for vets only, infusions for vets only, mounts for vets only, none of it buyable.  Rewarded on a yearly basis (or more frequently) due to supporting/playing the game for so long.  You can even base it on playtime or simply the age of the account, or achievement points.

If anything then, on real money spent in the account. That's what pays the bills, not achievemtn points.

As already the second comment summarised it: No you don't get vet only stuff anymore, for a good reason.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1