Crafting a chandelier in Handiwork

By Kormiers killer heelers which person thought that a chandelier needs the item "Lump of Beeswax" to craft it? 

No other candle is requiring such an item but this one does.

What's my problem? Tip says "Fiona Hastings will sell it after protecting her bee hives outside of Claypool". Easy task, was doing that 10 years ago with a bronze sword at level 5. She doesn't sell the item after completion. I have a look on the wiki, the item is ONLY sold if you are on Frostfang III. I understand the titans are back and all, but do I really have to go and almost finish crafting a legendary weapon just so I can light up my dining room? 4 world bosses, 3 tasks each boss after and then craft a load of axe pieces just so I can entertain my guests by candle light? Guess we will be talking outside by my decorative lamps until this choice of item gets reconsidered. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Probably not and this is an oversight or a bug. 

The steps to unlock this item are too specific to be a just a "bug" or oversight.

My guess ? Someone got a lil bit greedy thinking it would push some players to exchange some gems for a quick speedrun to get this thing done.

Edited by Scar.1793
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Scar.1793 said:

The steps to unlock this item are too specific to be a just a "bug" or oversight.

You remember when End of Dragons came out? In it we got the Echovald Wilds, and in there we got a mini dungeon called Valdhertz Crypts. It was bugged, and it remained bugged (to this day) players eventually figured out it was particularly prone to bug out if more than one player was trying to do it at the same time. A fact that's stated on the wiki page for it.

Fast forward to Secrets of the Obscure and Anet had a big idea, let's rework the log in rewards and the daily system, we're gonna mash that into one, we'll have daily objectives, weekly objectives and special objectives, it's gonna be great. So when the thing came out they needed to put stuff in there to do, and what was one thing they put on the special tab... ? Valdhertz Crypts, the very same mini dungeon KNOWN to be bugged since EoD came out and to be particularly prone to bug out when more than one person is trying to do it... Yeah let's put that in our hot new thing...

Long story short, it got flooded with players, bugged the hell out, they had to quietly remove it from the special tab.

All that to say it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they didn't know the wax is only sold by that NPC with the legendary collection on

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

You remember when End of Dragons came out? In it we got the Echovald Wilds, and in there we got a mini dungeon called Valdhertz Crypts. It was bugged, and it remained bugged (to this day) players eventually figured out it was particularly prone to bug out if more than one player was trying to do it at the same time. A fact that's stated on the wiki page for it.

Fast forward to Secrets of the Obscure and Anet had a big idea, let's rework the log in rewards and the daily system, we're gonna mash that into one, we'll have daily objectives, weekly objectives and special objectives, it's gonna be great. So when the thing came out they needed to put stuff in there to do, and what was one thing they put on the special tab... ? Valdhertz Crypts, the very same mini dungeon KNOWN to be bugged since EoD came out and to be particularly prone to bug out when more than one person is trying to do it... Yeah let's put that in our hot new thing...

Long story short, it got flooded with players, bugged the hell out, they had to quietly remove it from the special tab.

All that to say it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they didn't know the wax is only sold by that NPC with the legendary collection on

I see, I didn't play on both EoD or SotO releases. Was pretty much done and insatisfied with GW2 back then.

Didn't know they had similar track records. It just seems so specific to not be intended.

Edited by Scar.1793
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Arcosa.9123 said:

I'd just like confirmation on whether this is intended or not, as I don't want to spend 270g unlocking Frostfang III unless ANet says I absolutely have to.

Just pay someone who did the collection anyways to craft a chandelier for you? Might be cheaper, dunno ( haven't done the collection either besides having Frostfang, otherwise I'd sell you one).

It's an oversight that the item was not released. Something like one of the Halloween head bags requiring a bulk item that was not available, because somebody forgot it was not available.

No, they don't want you to craft an entire precursor for one chandelier. How do I know? Because even if you crafted said precursor, you are shafted out of the item and there's no way to recover it – Fiona only sells the beeswax if you are ON the Frostfang III step. If you are done with the entire collection, it won't be available. And you can't repeat that collection.

I would expect either the item being made available all the time, or the requirement being changed to something that sells normally, like the Halloween bag was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/25/2024 at 1:00 AM, Convet.2605 said:

By Kormiers killer heelers which person thought that a chandelier needs the item "Lump of Beeswax" to craft it? 

No other candle is requiring such an item but this one does.

Psst, a good way to make candles is to use beeswax or any other kind of wax, beeswax is just the best.

This post has massive "Meat comes from the supermarket" vibes as you really have no idea how things are made from the unprocessed product.

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, Malus.2184 said:

Psst, a good way to make candles is to use beeswax or any other kind of wax, beeswax is just the best.

This post has massive "Meat comes from the supermarket" vibes as you really have no idea how things are made from the unprocessed product.

Your post lacks self awareness as this is a video game and no other decoration required such an insanely specific item hidden behind a precursor collection.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, theoneparttwo.9561 said:

I literally crafted the chandelier yesterday. I do not have that collection active.

How exactly did you craft it? Fiona Hastings does not have the Lump of Beeswax available after you finish that event. And without it you can't craft the chandelier. But if you found a roundabout, pls share it with us.

According to the patch notes it should be fixed. Seemed already odd when I looked up the item you mentioned - and it looked like ... honey where they could have used the one they are using (according to patch notes) now - from Lowlands.

• Like 2

Well, now that it has been fixed, it is worth mentioning that the Chandalier does not fit anywhere in the Kodan Homestead, aesthetically and otherwise (unless you want to set all the straw and wood on fire 😅).

Time they added all the standard (i.e., non-festival-related) decoration to the Homestead. Publishing this thing half-baked ain't fun for people eager to decorate.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4

On 8/27/2024 at 10:57 AM, marquise.8059 said:

How exactly did you craft it? Fiona Hastings does not have the Lump of Beeswax available after you finish that event. And without it you can't craft the chandelier. But if you found a roundabout, pls share it with us.

Honestly... I'm not sure. I don't have the collection active (or even have Frostfang or the precursor unlocked). The bears event was actively happening when i arrived, so I completed it and then talked to her immediately afterward.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2024 at 9:58 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

Well, now that it has been fixed, it is worth mentioning that the Chandalier does not fit anywhere in the Kodan Homestead, aesthetically and otherwise (unless you want to set all the straw and wood on fire 😅).

Time they added all the standard (i.e., non-festival-related) decoration to the Homestead. Publishing this thing half-baked ain't fun for people eager to decorate.

Hahahaha I did place it tho. Right above the dinner table. I adjusted it to a smaller size and it looks perfect. Mind you, I might change the chairs.

But, yeah, it does seem like the decorations were just randomly gathered from the guild & festival-related ones, with very few new Kodan pieces. They could've added the festival decos when they actually occur 😆 and create some fancy ones. Or just make all the existing Kodan decos available for crafting. Like, where's the bear mug 👀

Edited by marquise.8059
  • Like 2

On 8/27/2024 at 12:27 PM, Malus.2184 said:

I will say on this, after it was fixed as wrong item put on it. The basic candle requires fiber, bone shards and molten sliver to make. No wax. The same needed for a row of candles. A  square candle needs auric sliver and bone shards as does the tall candlestick.

Yes candles are made from wax, I have home made some from wax and honey comb sheets personally. But in a fantasy game it isn't always so real world and would do well to realise that the issue wasn't so much the ingredient but the acquisition.

It's fixed now however so it's all cool.

On 8/25/2024 at 8:51 PM, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

iam going to confusion Emoji this, not directed at the OP but at the decision-making here

• Confused 1