Decoration Cap for Homestead needs to be HEAVILY adjusted...

Preface- This is coming from someone with essentially unlimited funds that is capable of truly stress testing this new game feature.

Currently, I have capped both week refinements. On tp of that probably purchased an additional 500g in "Black Market Refined materials".  I can FIRMLY say the cap of 1000 decorations is WAY too low. I am currently sitting at 740/1000 and I still have two rooms, two hallways, a basement, a kitchen left to finish decorating. I'm pretty sure that will put me at the cap. I've added a couple dozen trees to the Homestead Grounds inside the wall to give it a more forested look. I've added a Grenth tree and 3 gravestones near the coast as a memorial to player friends who have passed. I've also created a temple structure at the coast but haven't decorated it yet due to being so close to the cap.

There is still a MASSIVELY EMPTY barren wasteland covering the rest of the homestead. As new decorations get added like additional structural items (walls, rooftops, windows, etc), I'd love to be able to add additional buildings making a small village area in this HUGE open space.

We shouldn't have to choose between what to place and what not to place. Forced to choose on how well decorated and lived in we want things to look. SOOOOOOO much potential and space is going to get wasted! I am almost at cap and am getting ZERO lag and loading issues. Will lower end computers struggle? Sure. But at least give us the option if we have the capability to make something truly great...

TLDR; The decoration cap needs to be raised to a minimum 2000 to 3000

Edited by Solomon Darkfury.3729
spelling
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

Fully agree. Not only is the overall decoration cap way too low but especially the cap for furniture within a chunk. If you place ~200 pieces in your homestead, the chunk is full and you can't build more (which is absolutely insane if you ask me)

• Like 8

Did I hallucinate them saying there wouldn't be a cap in the preview? Or like they wouldn't expect people to hit the functional cap?

Either way I expect them to expand it 'cause yeah iirc wildstar's cap was way more than this (couple thousand inside and outside) and the plots there weren't as sprawling as here.

I was hoping to resurrect my nightmarish pillow fort, but with how conservative the scaling is mixed with the low decor count that's not gonna happen any time soon 😞

5 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Tip: if you still have the kodan walls as they were. Remove them, replace them as bigger versions saving a lot of decorations placed.

Wait...you mean the default decorations that the thing comes with are counted against the player's total? Wow that's really dumb. 🤨

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

If it's the same system as Guild Halls, which it appears to be, they've adjusted those before... Also since a kax 5 players will ever be allowed in, game strain wouldn't be an issue.

I know, but they've also said before there's only so much they can do with the decoration caps before it hit a limit on what the engine can handle. If - and I don't know if it has - if it has hit that limit, then I'm not sure what's left to be done. A finite limit will always exist. 

I'd be keen to know if the cap is reached and whether this can be put to bed after all these years

8 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I know, but they've also said before there's only so much they can do with the decoration caps before it hit a limit on what the engine can handle. If - and I don't know if it has - if it has hit that limit, then I'm not sure what's left to be done. A finite limit will always exist. 

I'd be keen to know if the cap is reached and whether this can be put to bed after all these years

Then the physical size of the homestead map should have been drastically decreased... 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

For me, this is probably the best feature they've added since mounts

But reading about this cap makes me less hyped

Hopefully they will read our feedback and make changes

It's solo instances, so let us go crazy please arena net

This cap is such a buzz kill 😆

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

there are a ton of things you can remove if you are that hard pressed for adding more.   All of the Kodan walls that circle the Homestead can be removed.   Most, if not all the grass can be removed (you'd be surprised how many there are in the zone)  I think there was like 300 or so assets there even before you start decorating, so eliminating the unnecessary stuff with go a long way in helping with the 1000 item cap

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, neighto.7386 said:

there are a ton of things you can remove if you are that hard pressed for adding more.   All of the Kodan walls that circle the Homestead can be removed.   Most, if not all the grass can be removed (you'd be surprised how many there are in the zone)  I think there was like 300 or so assets there even before you start decorating, so eliminating the unnecessary stuff with go a long way in helping with the 1000 item cap

Yeah I removed everything

It also goes into the decoration picker (or whatever it's called)

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, neighto.7386 said:

Why would I want to remove the grass? It's a part of the environment that makes it look real...

I'll adjust the fence at some point using larger wall sections... 

All that said, that will barely make a dent in what is needed...

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

Why would I want to remove the grass? It's a part of the environment that makes it look real...

I'll adjust the fence at some point using larger wall sections... 

All that said, that will barely make a dent in what is needed...

You could remove it and place it again

Place it where you want and scale it up, will use less instances of it

It will be very tall grass ofc when it's scaled up to max, but sort of looks better anyway imo, out in the "wild" outside the housing area

Could also leave it as it is

But many reasons why one would want to remove it

Can also replace it with other stuff, like ice

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

Wait...you mean the default decorations that the thing comes with are counted against the player's total? Wow that's really dumb. 🤨

Yeah there are more then 250 decorations placed as a gift when you get the homestead all the grasses, furniture and pillars and walls. This was done to not overwhelm the players with a completely empty bare land. 

Now.. you can remove (store), edit and move all of those. Put on the x ray to see what is already placed. 

You can only place 1000 in total on the map. So therefore, i have redone the circled wall. Saving up a lot of decorations in can place. 

2 hours ago, jokke.6239 said:

You could remove it and place it again

Place it where you want and scale it up, will use less instances of it

It will be very tall grass ofc when it's scaled up to max, but sort of looks better anyway imo, out in the "wild" outside the housing area

Could also leave it as it is

But many reasons why one would want to remove it

Can also replace it with other stuff, like ice

Good tip. Havent tried it yet. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Yeah there are more then 250 decorations placed as a gift when you get the homestead all the grasses, furniture and pillars and walls. This was done to not overwhelm the players with a completely empty bare land. 

Now.. you can remove (store), edit and move all of those. Put on the x ray to see what is already placed. 

You can only place 1000 in total on the map. So therefore, i have redone the circled wall. Saving up a lot of decorations in can place. 

Evidently there is multiple bugs possible doing that.

1) the grass never goes to your deco storage

2) if you clear all your decorations it has led to a bug where you can't decorate beyond the wall...

I would advise against this.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

2) if you clear all your decorations it has led to a bug where you can't decorate beyond the wall...

I cleared some of the grass and it is in my decoration storage. I removed the first bunch so that I could see my cats fighting. I removed more because I want green grass not dead looking grass.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agrotera.1254 said:

I cleared some of the grass and it is in my decoration storage. I removed the first bunch so that I could see my cats fighting. I removed more because I want green grass not dead looking grass.

I think it is when you clear all from what I have heard. 

Also, I'd rather have autmnal grass than no grass. Will need it as a placeholder for green grass anyways

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

The area beyond the wall was available to me after the 3th mastery. So maybe it was intended? I dont know

Edited by Cronospere.8143