Decoration Cap for Homestead needs to be HEAVILY adjusted...

2 minutes ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

It's not just performance concerns, your house needs to be saved on the server.

I don't know the particulars of how Anet did it, but educated guess is a string ID per object, and three vectors per object, that'd be position, rotation, size.

Now you can have 1,000 objects for each account, and how many active accounts... ? A couple of million or something? Plus you need redundancy all in a game with no sub fee. You better believe they almost certainly did a cost study to come up with 1,000 object limit and they'd have a bigger limit if it was financially viable, after all as soon as they start pumping decorations on the gem store the more you buy the better.

the problem with this is if they can't do a robust ecosystem of housing then they shoulda just stuck with the "we don't do housing" methodology. but they didn't. and now they better not do what they did before, launch it, make minor tweaks, then forget about improving the over all functions of it and just sprinkle in decorations every so often.

It seems like they focused on redoing the "how to decorate ui" system ( rotation, placement, etc) but may have run into other problems that limited them and we have what we have or they over focused on one aspect and left others in the raw unpolished state. idk. ("raw unpolished state" - I need to better define this but i'm tired and leaving it at that, it's not quite what i mean but w/e)

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Kelly.7019 said:

if they can't do a robust ecosystem of housing then they shoulda just stuck with the "we don't do housing" methodology.

Or you get what you can get and you work within the limitations of the system, if it so displeases you, you can always pretend there is no housing system and you can ignore it altogether.

• Confused 2

On 8/30/2024 at 8:08 PM, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

Evidently there is multiple bugs possible doing that.

1) the grass never goes to your deco storage

2) if you clear all your decorations it has led to a bug where you can't decorate beyond the wall...

I would advise against this.

Not high enough mastery, had same issue

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

Lol and guild halls are filled with SEVERAL pre made buildings and structures... Guild Halls don't gave giant swaths of empty space. There's verticality, tunnels, water features, loads of stuff...

It's true that there are pre-made buildings and structures in guild halls but only in Isle of Reflections and Windswept Haven and they are for guild facilities like the tavern, market, workshops, etc. All GHs but IoR have vertical heights with 'decorable' terrains. Our Homesteads are just one level of flat pancake land.

Have you visited my WH Guild Hall? [WET] has hit the 2000 limit ages ago and mine is not the only guild that maxed out, many other guilds too. No, you don't need swaths of flat land for decorations and creativity.

Edited by Sugar Min.5834

Of course there are one time decorators too. Decorate the hall or a space once and that's it.

I don't do that personally. I change things up every month (or use to) So while the cap might be 2000 decorations, the hall is always changing in appearance(festivals/ holidays/ events/ my home location in the guild hall), kinda like my bedroom, never stays the same layout more then a couple of months. Videos will capture whatever mood i was in at the time, but things always be a changing. 😄

Edited by Kelly.7019

2 hours ago, Kelly.7019 said:

Of course there are one time decorators too. Decorate the hall or a space once and that's it.

I don't do that personally. I change things up every month (or use to) So while the cap might be 2000 decorations, the hall is always changing in appearance(festivals/ holidays/ events/ my home location in the guild hall), kinda like my bedroom, never stays the same layout more then a couple of months. Videos will capture whatever mood i was in at the time, but things always be a changing. 😄

There should be template builds to save and that you can instant switch to other

• Like 1

Anet can limit it to 20k decorations if they want but 1k is just not enough for the players, I agree. What I would also like is for Anet to give us the option to build a second house because there is so much space in the home but so few options to do anything and if Anet wants the house to be a success then Anet should change something urgently. I like it a lot but there are just not enough options to do something nice. It's a shame Anet, you could sell a lot more in the shop if you could put up a second house.

• Like 1

I somewhat agree. We've gotten by with a 2000 decoration cap on guild halls, but even that is a struggle when players add things like jumping puzzles into the instance. The homesteads should probably add to the decoration count with the new content in increments as mastery upgrades. Reason? We got people already hitting the 1000 decoration cap and they don't even have a Joko statue yet. Once we get hundreds of new decorations people won't be able to use them because they overfilled their instances. They will need to wipe their instances clean to cap out their instances with all of the variants of Joko statues! That's not fun.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2024 at 1:11 AM, Quench.7091 said:

I somewhat agree. We've gotten by with a 2000 decoration cap on guild halls, but even that is a struggle when players add things like jumping puzzles into the instance. The homesteads should probably add to the decoration count with the new content in increments as mastery upgrades. Reason? We got people already hitting the 1000 decoration cap and they don't even have a Joko statue yet. Once we get hundreds of new decorations people won't be able to use them because they overfilled their instances. They will need to wipe their instances clean to cap out their instances with all of the variants of Joko statues! That's not fun.

Yeah I'm sitting at 860 as I am saving space for Mad King and Wintersday. Sadly, once I use those remaining spots up I will have a MASSIVE swath of empty land between the Homestead house and the cliffs at the coast.