Woad Armor

Just now, Sandrox.9524 said:

Without exclusive wvw content/rewards, you wont be "forced" to play it or discover it. Imagine raids wont have any exclusive items/legendary armor. It would have been played much less.

Ppl often neglect wvw because they either scared/uncomfortable or they just dont know what it is really or they just dont care since it has no incentive to play. Remember when warclaw was out or gift of battle change, alot of ppl joined wvw. Many took thier warclaw/gift of battle and left never to see wvw again. But others discovered it and how fun it is and stayed. This is why exclusive content/rewards for wvw is needed.

OR... its because its boring and people have better things to do with their time than play a 10+ year old mode with 10+ year old maps and loot that comes in at a snail's pace.

If they need to resort to gimmicks to keep the mode populated then maybe its time they started making some radical changes to the mode.

• Like 5
  • Confused 7

Just now, Will.9785 said:

OR... its because its boring and people have better things to do with their time than play a 10+ year old mode with 10+ year old maps and loot that comes in at a snail's pace.

If they need to resort to gimmicks to keep the mode populated then maybe its time they started making some radical changes to the mode.

it is boring FOR YOU. You can be the one who comes for the grind of getting them and go away. Others do enjoy it, some dont even know what it is. It is good incentive to join wvw and experience it

• Like 5
  • Confused 8

8 minutes ago, Will.9785 said:

Honestly, I'm glad they did something but I was hoping for a way totally outside of WvW.  Honestly, if this is the start of a trend and ANET starts locking new armors behind WvW in future expansions they can't count me out.  I will officially be done with the game at that point.  WvW is boring as sin.  When a new expansion comes out, I want to play the expansion.  I don't want to waste time falling asleep in WvW.

Almost all rewards in the game are earned in PvE. Only a tiny fraction are WvW exclusive. Do you really begrudge others getting 1% when you are already getting 99%?

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Almost all rewards in the game are earned in PvE. Only a tiny fraction are WvW exclusive. Do you really begrudgingly others getting 1% when you are already getting 99%?

When I'm paying $50+ per expansion (deluxe), I expect to be able to access all content for said expansion by... wait for it... playing the expansion!

Edited by Will.9785
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 11

1 minute ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

You still get what you want/need. but everyone has a fair chance to get it. exclusivity is a bad thing imo.

Lets just say for example. You like doing meta events. You dont know what is wvw. It never got your interest. Be that out of not trying or simply see that as pure pvp and you dont like pvp.

The meta events give you the same rewards as wvw. What you gonna do ? try wvw to get the items or stay in the meta events you like? You dont know if you would love wvw. But you wont even bother cause you can get the same things from the things you already know and like.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

@Rubi Bayer.8493, why not have this available in pve, with method to obtain be to require maximum heart levels obtained? You could get 1 armor piece from each of the 6 heart vendors for completely maxing out the hearts. While I appreciate the alternate method, it is still just a wvw exclusive. Yes, you can buy the memories, but it would not be as fun or meaningful to acquire as if it was obtained by playing the new pve content. Thank you for consideration!

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Just now, Sandrox.9524 said:

Lets just say for example. You like doing meta events. You dont know what is wvw. It never got your interest. Be that out of not trying or simply see that as pure pvp and you dont like pvp.

The meta events give you the same rewards as wvw. What you gonna do ? try wvw to get the items or stay in the meta events you like? You dont know if you would love wvw. But you wont even bother cause you can get the same things from the things you already know and like.

Yet now we have Pve'er complaining they have to go to WvW for fashion adn WvW'ers complaining they need PvE. so now no-one is satisfied. and like i said, were i a competetive player, i would seek out those modes.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

Imo, modes shouldn need an incentive to play, people who like that content will play it anyway. IF the modes are properly made that is.

This is up there in the dumbest takes ever. If the rewards are crap and aren't worth the time you can have the best gameplay in the world no one will play that game mode. You know what will incentivize people to play rewards. Exclusive rewards at that. People are more likely to try something they wouldn't have before if there was something cool they wanted locked behind it. Then when they get it they have something cool and something cool they can show off to their friends. 

• Like 8
  • Confused 6

Just now, Kinurak.5307 said:

Yet now we have Pve'er complaining they have to go to WvW for fashion adn WvW'ers complaining they need PvE. so now no-one is satisfied. and like i said, were i a competetive player, i would seek out those modes.

of course some wont like it. Ppl who already tried wvw and didnt liked it would not like it. But wvw is not competitive pvp. it is pretty casual. You can get the armor with the new alliance systems very easy. It just requires grinding. Same as grinding in pve. I kitten you not that you can do alot of things in wvw. progress alot without even doing pvp!

In alot of mmos I played, I had to do stuff I didnt liked in order to get what I want. its part of making their content relevant. But someone else might like it. and thats the thing.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, DragonNero.4259 said:

This is up there in the dumbest takes ever. If the rewards are crap and aren't worth the time you can have the best gameplay in the world no one will play that game mode. You know what will incentivize people to play rewards. Exclusive rewards at that. People are more likely to try something they wouldn't have before if there was something cool they wanted locked behind it. Then when they get it they have something cool and something cool they can show off to their friends. 

Again, the rewards be the same in every mode, so reward wise it will all be the same, your arguement is mood on that front.  as for exclusivity, really? i am no competetive player and i couldnt care less about how others look, prestige is only in the eye of its owner. everyone else just waddles past.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

11 hours ago, Sen.7530 said:

Wait, you need to do it 18 times? Oh my.. I still have 3 unfinished legendary weapons (not counting the free set from AA rewards) and both pve legendary trinket thanks to GoB now tied to that game mode. You are saying now I have to do it 18 more times?!? Lets be real here, I can't even fill a GoB track because of the dead time zone and how boring it feels to stare at camp while waiting for it to be flipped. I have other things to do.

why limit yourself to 1 camp when there is 6 in each of the 3 boarderlands and 12 in eternal battlegrounds?

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

31 minutes ago, Will.9785 said:

When I'm paying $50+ per expansion (deluxe), I expect to be able to access all content for said expansion by... wait for it... playing the expansion!

The reward tracks are....wait for it...part of the expansion!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 10

1 hour ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

I do enjoy having access to Light (Astral Ward), Medium (Rift Hunter), and Heavy (Polychromatic) armour skins regardless of the profession I'm playing.

My ultimate pipedreams are

• all skins are available across all profession weights
  • access to male & female versions regardless of gender

Same! With the sanctified skins, a cuirass top, and the heavy warhelm, I made a vari hoplite!

14 hours ago, Gazrul.3086 said:

I think it's fine that the Woad armour is exclusive to WvW. However, getting one piece per reward track should automatically unlock all 3 weights instead of just one, so that people don't have to do the track 18 times. 

If it was just Skins/achievement then yeah totally this! Issue is it's not & that is a problem with GW2. Maybe GW3 will improve on that.

• Confused 3

3 hours ago, BlackBullWings.2734 said:

What's the point of the change when I'm still forced to play WvW when i bought the xpac to play PvE lmao.

The armor that comes with the expansion is obtained by.... not playing the expansion. Can someone make this make sense.

Exactly, !! It literally make no sense, but all the flame and crying of WvW players here is ridiculous because they want things on their own and NONE ELSE SHALL GET IT!!!!!11111

Like fr...

4 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hello! We've been reading and discussing your feedback about Woad armor, and I've got some news to share about an upcoming change: we're going to add an additional method to acquire Woad armor. 

With the September 10 game update, the skirmish supervisor will sell Woad armor pieces in exchange for badges of honor and memories of battle. You will still be able to acquire it through the Janthir Wilds reward track in PvP or WvW. 

As always, thank you for your feedback—we appreciate it!

Just make it buyable in the actual PvE world aswell and be done with it, why does a specific expansion armor set has to be unique and locked behind a game mode not everyone is playing???

Just wow.... wow...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

6 minutes ago, TwistedAlga.4235 said:

Exactly, !! It literally make no sense, but all the flame and crying of WvW players here is ridiculous because they want things on their own and NONE ELSE SHALL GET IT!!!!!1111

Does not PvE players have like 98% of the skins just for themselves? Think before talking. Also it is purely PvE players crying here and yet they get the change. 

When WvW players cry, and I know they do too, they get nothing and they still have to play PvE.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

good, should significantly cut the time needed to get all the sets. and let people obtain it whilst working on other reward tracks they may need (GOB).

Its a wvw set, and was always going to be wvw exclusive, so sorry people suck it up, wvw players have to pve to get most skins. If you dont want to do a game mode, no one is forcing you to.

I've done plenty in games that I dont really want to, but choose to do so because I want something specific about it.
You think I enjoyed grinding out obsidian armour 3 times? not really, but did I complain about needed "an alternative way to get it"? no.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

13 minutes ago, Will.9785 said:

WvW isn't.

WvW is part of the game that this expansion released for, same as PvE and PvP. Are you saying just because most of the expansion content is focused on PvE means all of it should be? WvW in particular has precious little in the way of released content so I personally don't begrudge the odd armour set catering to them. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

42 minutes ago, TwistedAlga.4235 said:

98% ?? Oh please, do your counting again, little one, you should think before YOU start talking. There are like 10+ different armor sets only available in WvW.

That's because PvE is literally the whole game, the MAIN game and content, while WvW and PvP are extra modes for snowflakes like you. 

By the Gods... these fools..

Go on and tell me those 10+ DIFFERENT SETS then kid, I am waiting for that, cause you know well there is not 10+ sets obtainable ONLY in WvW. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Will.9785 said:

Yeah, imagine paying money for new content and then not being cool with the developer locking it behind some old boring kitten competitive mode that people, who apparently don't like the new content (because they "don't like PVE") are playing.  The nerve.

PvP/WvW are part of expansions always have been get over it. Just because they aren't the main focus nor get much doesn't mean they aren't part of the expansion packs.

• Like 6
  • Confused 6

1 minute ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Go on and tell me those 10+ DIFFERENT SETS then kid, I am waiting for that, cause you know well there is not 10+ sets obtainable ONLY in WvW. 

Triumphant armor, Triumphant Hero's armor, Misforged Triumphant Hero's armor (3 each), Tribal armor.  That's 10.  Plus a majority of the pieces for the Apostle, Stalwart, and Heavy Scale sets and a few pieces of the Marauder and Studded sets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 7