Woad Armor

6 minutes ago, TwistedAlga.4235 said:

You still haven't counted the armors I listed. I was right and you were wrong. ☺️

Do I care? Not at all, was I wrong with majority of skins being obtainable ONLY in PvE? No, it was you who was wrong there.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, DragonNero.4259 said:

Tryna use WvWs Legendary armor in an argument against WvW is WILD when PvE has not 1 but 2 Legendary armor sets that both look really cool and one of them transforms into basically a brand new set while in combat.

No one here ever argued that PVE didn't have more exclusive content.  That never happened.  He asked a question and I answered it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

24 minutes ago, TwistedAlga.4235 said:

How does it feel being so wrong? Are you being salty now too as DragonNero, the diaper snowflake too?

Sorry, I did not notice you updated your post.

I am not salty, neither I feel anything for being wrong. I, as an adult, just enjoy playing with kids with tantrum, that is all.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Sandrox.9524 said:

Without exclusive wvw content/rewards, you wont be "forced" to play it or discover it. Imagine raids wont have any exclusive items/legendary armor. It would have been played much less.

Good. If a mode needs exclusives (instead of just moderately good, but not unique, rewards) to be relevant, it means it maybe just isn't good enough. Anet should either redesign such a mode to make it more interesting, or, if they for some reason truly want it to stay as it is, just stop pushing players into it against their will.

The game is supposed to be fun. If content is not fun enough (or, worse, is actively unfun) for a certain group of players, trying to bribe them to ignore that is not a good approach. It just makes it harder for the devs to later improve the game and understand their community needs better, because by that point they'd be literally paying players to give them fake survey answers.

It also generates discontent in the community. And the kind of "we heard your concerns and decided to ignore them" response we saw in this thread can only make the matter worse.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

3 hours ago, Will.9785 said:

Honestly, I'm glad they did something but I was hoping for a way totally outside of WvW.  Honestly, if this is the start of a trend and ANET starts locking new armors behind WvW in future expansions they can't count me out.  I will officially be done with the game at that point.  WvW is boring as sin.  When a new expansion comes out, I want to play the expansion.  I don't want to waste time falling asleep in WvW.

Psssst 99% of the game is locked behind PVE...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Will.9785 said:

Triumphant armor, Triumphant Hero's armor, Misforged Triumphant Hero's armor (3 each), Tribal armor.  That's 10.  Plus a majority of the pieces for the Apostle, Stalwart, and Heavy Scale sets and a few pieces of the Marauder and Studded sets.

List of PVE exclusive skins-

1) LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE... 

Lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Good. If a mode needs exclusives (instead of just moderately good, but not unique, rewards) to be relevant, it means it maybe just isn't good enough. Anet should either redesign such a mode to make it more interesting, or, if they for some reason truly want it to stay as it is, just stop pushing players into it against their will.

The game is supposed to be fun. If content is not fun enough (or, worse, is actively unfun) for a certain group of players, trying to bribe them to ignore that is not a good approach. It just makes it harder for the devs to later improve the game and understand their community needs better, because by that point they'd be literally paying players to give them fake survey answers.

It also generates discontent in the community. And the kind of "we heard your concerns and decided to ignore them" response we saw in this thread can only make the matter worse.

Good point, let's remove all exclusives from Raids, Strikes, and Fractals! We don't want content being anything as silly as rewarding!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BlackBullWings.2734 said:

Can someone make this make sense.

it's always been a thing that WvW can get stuff mainly by playing WvW. For legendary we still need to play other modes to get for instance fractal currency.

Good change, considering the amount of PvE “exclusive” gear, it’s nice to have something to encourage people to try a different mode. 
If they don’t want to play WvW, don’t have the skins. Like if you don’t want to raid, don’t have the raid legendary skins, simples

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

29 minutes ago, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

Good point, let's remove all exclusives from Raids, Strikes, and Fractals! We don't want content being anything as silly as rewarding!

Why stop there? Just remove all rewards and let people just have fun with the content! 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

So open world pve/story must be pretty boring then since the majority of rewards are locked behind it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Zahark.7610 said:

They're done, thank the gods. Now, please @ArenaNet, reconsider the alternate way to obtain the armor to be outside wvw/pvp. Thank you.

should all pve, raid etc armour be made available in wvw?

that super duper exclusive gear you spent maybe hundreds of times grinding an event for it to drop...it should be available in wvw for a reward track right?

invisible boots, chak infusion, all pve legendaries......

but wait? I dont like to do anything but stand in queensdale and talk rubbish....thats how I play so surely all game skins should be available to me because thats how I play......

Edited by Cameirus.8407
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, steezy.5238 said:

Good change, considering the amount of PvE “exclusive” gear, it’s nice to have something to encourage people to try a different mode. 
If they don’t want to play WvW, don’t have the skins. Like if you don’t want to raid, don’t have the raid legendary skins, simples

Counterpoint: maybe put the Kodan themed skins in the Kodan themed content? WvWers should have a track to access it like they do now, but forcing people into content they hate is a terrible idea. Like god kitten, it's bad enough that this game's pvp is such a broken mess that they have to literally bribe PvErs into being cannon fodder for its failed game modes; but if they're going to artificially gate 1/3 of the expansions armor sets behind it, then they should at least have the sense pick the one that wasn't 1. the only set in the expac with 3 unique weights (because hey that's no longer 1/3, that's 3/5 of the expansions' armor cosmetics) and 2. blatantly supposed to have been a Kodan vendor reward.

I'm glad they're introducing options beyond just doing a kittening reward track 18 times, but that didn't really solve the issue of forcing people into content that they hate. But seriously, Anet, If yall want people to WvW more, perhaps instead of bribing/coercing/royally pissing off PvEers (the vast majority of your playerbase) by artificially gating 3/5ths of the expansion's armor skins behind WvW, you could try actually balancing the mode and fixing all of the horrible design flaws that drove players away from it in the first place. Gutting your expansion in order to prop up a toxic balance failure that very few people actually want to play is definitely not the way.

Edited by Sweetbread.3678
  • Like 3
  • Confused 5

7 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

I wish there were  more gated content. Not like now where its mostly grind gated.

Like the best looking sets for cm  and top  rank pvpers. So  that when  you someone wearing a good looking set you know he actually achieved something, not just swiped a card and/or farm flax on 7 accounts.

That's ironic considering no shortage of people have purchased the LCM title and the gizmos from PvP tournaments. I'd hate the majority of good looking sets to be locked behind these things because the majority of the people you will see running around with it DID swipe their card rofl. 

That aside, I do like the change coming later. Although I might just keep going with the reward tracks, I've already done the heavy set pieces I want and moved onto light. By the time the update comes I'll have them all and I don't mind all the other materials for my homestead! 

I still think it will be nice for pure PvE players to get the armour from maxing out the hearts, I find it weird the most thematic set is locked behind competitive modes. I've been running about in open world with my spear and a couple bits from the woad heavy set, it looks awesome and feels very fitting with the area. 

Edited by Aelin.9317
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

It's funny how much it's trigger both sides, but it can be understandable 

The WVW player side wants something exclusive on their side same as PVE but the thing is the majority of the content is locked behind PVE, as soon as something is behind WVW or a PVP, the PVE side lose their minds it's amazing to see it happen.

I would understand if the stuff was equal but it's for another story 🙂

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

Does this mean if WvWers complain enough that we can have the PVE exclusive skins included in the reward track choice box?! I mean, that would only be fair right? Why should we be forced to PVE constantly when PVErs never have to WvW except for Gift of Battle?

I'm all for it as a PvE player. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

If a mode needs exclusives (instead of just moderately good, but not unique, rewards) to be relevan

Oh it doesn’t need exclusive rewards but it is good that game modes have them. Making everything available everywhere would seriously hurt the game. It’s good and necessary to step out of your comfort zone once in a while, try new things and widen your horizon. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Oh it doesn’t need exclusive rewards

Then why any suggestion about removing the exclusivity ends up with "but the mode will die without it" counterarguments?

5 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

So open world pve/story must be pretty boring then since the majority of rewards are locked behind it.

I see no problem in making all that stuff available in other modes. I doubt it would decrease popularity of PvE in any visible way. Yes, it might impact some niche submodes, but again, if they need uniques/exclusives to survive, it means their popularity is only artificially propped up and fake.

6 hours ago, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

Notice, that i haven't said anything about making the modes unrewarding. You don't need exclusivity in order to make something feel rewarding, after all. I'm also completely fine with former exclusives being significantly easier to get in their original modes (unless the difference would be too absurdly big, of course). In example, i'd be fine with having to spend a Gift of Exploration to obtain  a Gift of Battle, even though exploration takes significantly more time and effort to obtain. Likewise, locking PvE path for Woad armor behind significant heart grind (and those Janthir hearts are grindy) that would take more overall effort and time than AFKing to victory in WvW would be fine as well.

(also, if you think most players play Fractals for exclusives, instead of that sweet, sweet gold income...)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

14 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Then why any suggestion about removing the exclusivity ends up with "but the mode will die without it" counterarguments?

I never made this argument because it is not true.
There is no reason to remove the exclusivity. Removing exclusivity would hurt the game. 
You want the reward? Do what is required just like everyone else. The hours you complained about it here you could have made significant progress towards the armor. 
I already have seven pieces of the Woad armor. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Oh it doesn’t need exclusive rewards but it is good that game modes have them. Making everything available everywhere would seriously hurt the game. It’s good and necessary to step out of your comfort zone once in a while, try new things and widen your horizon. 

GoB already forces PvE people into WvW. Also didn't yall just get a new exclusive weapon set like 1 update ago? It's absolutely kittening ridiculous that WvW also needs to have 60% of the new armor skins for the expansion held hostage in there to prop its failing numbers up. Doubly so when it's super apparent that the Kodan themed zones of this Kodan themed expansion clearly just had their Kodan themed armor rewards ripped out of them and locked behind a monstrous pvp grind in a mode that has kitten-all to do with Kodan. People aren't mad that WvW got exclusive content that was designed explicitly for WvW like it's weapon sets or leggy armor, people are mad that it's straight up stealing the PvE expansion content that they paid for all so it can have it's population artificially inflated. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2