Woad Armor

5 hours ago, divineDerivative.5194 said:

Titanplate doesn't seem to be connected to the PvE content in any way. It doesn't look anything like any of the titans I've seen so far. Maybe that will change in future updates, but so far it feels like Titanplate should have been the competitive armor. It doesn't make sense that an armor set so closely tied to the PvE content of the expansion is not obtainable in PvE.

You mine titan ore in Janthir, don't you? The armor will be forged/crafted using that I assume (not looked at it yet). From there the name I guess.

The rest sounds reasonable.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Cameirus.8407 said:

so its ok to be exclusive wvw gear as long as its the bad looking stuff?

ok...

Meanwhile WvW leggie being one of the best looking armors in the game..

10 hours ago, Tula.6021 said:

You mine titan ore in Janthir, don't you? The armor will be forged/crafted using that I assume (not looked at it yet). From there the name I guess.

The rest sounds reasonable.

Exactly, and so going with your logic, you talk with kodans right?
They wear that kitten, and it would be even more reasonable, since you are trying to learn "their ways", to be able to get that armor from them xD

Besides, there's no need for "WvW exclusive" armors, if said expansion doesn't affect that gamemode directly.
Either make it not a part of expansion, thus not related to it, or actually do something in WvW, like a new map, so the it's actually related to the gamemode.
And stop yapping about "But WvW also got expanded😪", it's a side effect of any expansion for PvE, you are just coping mad 🤡

• Like 2
  • Confused 8

I've played a lot of wvw mostly to farm GoB and Mystic clovers, and to get the cultural armor at a cheaper rate. (Was great for the daily 'spend 25 badges of honor'.) I played enough that all I need from wvw to finish Conflux are the MoB, but boy, those take forever, I'll probably just throw gold at them. Not really looking forward to doing so many reward tracks for woad armor.

But boy do I have a lot of skirmish chests lying around at this point. Finally something to spend my badges of honor on!

I think it would be better if more PvE skins were available through reward tracks, but I also think there's a bit of WvW/PvP whine going on about 'locking' things behind PvE. Iirc reward tracks give access to most things needed to get many of the PvE skins, whether it's the skins directly, the recipes to craft them or the currency to buy them. Other PvE armor (recipes) can just be bought from the TP.

Pretty sure dungeon reward tracks were the easiest way to get dungeon armor for a loooooong time.

So I don't think WvW/PvP'ers get forced into PvE for skins quite as much as they say...

• Confused 4

3 hours ago, Flowersunshine.7385 said:

I've played a lot of wvw mostly to farm GoB and Mystic clovers, and to get the cultural armor at a cheaper rate. (Was great for the daily 'spend 25 badges of honor'.) I played enough that all I need from wvw to finish Conflux are the MoB, but boy, those take forever, I'll probably just throw gold at them. Not really looking forward to doing so many reward tracks for woad armor.

But boy do I have a lot of skirmish chests lying around at this point. Finally something to spend my badges of honor on!

I think it would be better if more PvE skins were available through reward tracks, but I also think there's a bit of WvW/PvP whine going on about 'locking' things behind PvE. Iirc reward tracks give access to most things needed to get many of the PvE skins, whether it's the skins directly, the recipes to craft them or the currency to buy them. Other PvE armor (recipes) can just be bought from the TP.

Pretty sure dungeon reward tracks were the easiest way to get dungeon armor for a loooooong time.

So I don't think WvW/PvP'ers get forced into PvE for skins quite as much as they say...

I think it's mostly the collection skins and living world skins. And some of those collections are an absolute slog for pvp/wvw players.

• Like 2

Yeah believe that the main complain is not that theres an exclusive pvp/wvw armor but that the armor that the kodan wear...the npcs you meet while doing pve... the one most linked to the story/open world... the only wy to get it its through 18 reward traks. (am very happy they decided to add that you can buy it with other tokens, just hope its enough for me to purchase it without doing any more wvw/pvp, so I can leave that game for the ones who enjoy it) but even with that new  way to obtain it, ti still defeats the main  complain that wa "lets us be able to get the most pve relevant skin through pve 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

On 8/28/2024 at 1:34 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hello! We've been reading and discussing your feedback about Woad armor, and I've got some news to share about an upcoming change: we're going to add an additional method to acquire Woad armor. 

With the September 10 game update, the skirmish supervisor will sell Woad armor pieces in exchange for badges of honor and memories of battle. You will still be able to acquire it through the Janthir Wilds reward track in PvP or WvW. 

As always, thank you for your feedback—we appreciate it!

Yeah, sorry, but that's honestly just not good enough, at least not for me. WvW should have access to it through reward tracks, but there needs to be a way to to obtain this armor in PvE; and, not to sound too dramatic, if there isn't one by the end of Janthir, then I'm simply not going to be buying any more expansions. 

It's yalls game and you can do whatever you want, and I'm just one data point, but if the new paradigm is to launch expansions with 3/5ths of their armor cosmetics (and every single thematically relevant one) arbitrarily locked behind some 50-70+ hour grind in a pvp mode that has absolutely nothing to do with that expansion, I'm out. I bought the Janthir Wilds expansion to be able to earn Janthir Wilds rewards by actually playing Janthir Wilds content; that's how it's worked for every other expansion, so why would I not have expected that? If the title had been Janthir Wilds + Inexplicable ~60 Hour Forced World vs. Wall Grind I'd understand, but it's not.

It's just incredibly aggravating to grind out your masteries, go, "Uh... that's it? This can't possibly be all there is to do right?", only to realize that there's no reason to actually play in said Janthir Wilds content, because 18/30 of it's chase goals have been amputated and locked behind a pvp reward track so that WvW players can be sold "spite people that don't like playing WvW" as an expansion feature in lieu of them actually getting a real one since Desert Borderlands (although going by this thread that last part seems to be totally working, so gj). Honestly, this whole thing feels like a total bait-and-switch bordering on false advertising, and I cannot for the life of me see what kind of logic lead yall to this decision. It's like we're back to the foot shooting days of $400,00 esport pushes and Living World Season 1 "Handcrafted Content that Only Exists for Two Weeks" decision making.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

My biggest issue with locking things behind WvW/PvP is that players from those game modes don't want PvE-noobs who aren't interested in the game mode, because it makes the game mode less fun for them.

When I did PvP I really disliked having to play matches with someone who was afk or doing not much more than feeding. If someone is bad because they are new but intend to stay, it's fine. But if people leave as soon as they finish the reward track, I have suffered in vain.

I'm not much of a Wvw-player, although I do have a dedicated build. (Mostly available in off-hours and before alliances were a thing I was on a server that was always the filler for other servers, so not much opportunity for community building.) So I've probably only just graduated from being that invasive noob myself, but the outcry is hard to miss whenever there's a WvW bonusevent going on... 

Now in Openworld, I've heard people disparage lack of cc understanding, but it's never aimed at PvP/WvW players who are just here for the skins.🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

41 minutes ago, Flowersunshine.7385 said:

My biggest issue with locking things behind WvW/PvP is that players from those game modes don't want PvE-noobs who aren't interested in the game mode, because it makes the game mode less fun for them.

When I did PvP I really disliked having to play matches with someone who was afk or doing not much more than feeding. If someone is bad because they are new but intend to stay, it's fine. But if people leave as soon as they finish the reward track, I have suffered in vain.

I'm not much of a Wvw-player, although I do have a dedicated build. (Mostly available in off-hours and before alliances were a thing I was on a server that was always the filler for other servers, so not much opportunity for community building.) So I've probably only just graduated from being that invasive noob myself, but the outcry is hard to miss whenever there's a WvW bonusevent going on... 

Now in Openworld, I've heard people disparage lack of cc understanding, but it's never aimed at PvP/WvW players who are just here for the skins.🤷‍♀️

the more the merrier as far as I am concerned. I dont care if pve main players are not as good, or using optimal builds in wvw, they are in it, they may get ot like it, they may learn.

having an incentive to dip their toe into wvw, may mean some of them stick around.

If you are running in a tight guild group, sure, dedicated builds and gear, but if you are running in an open tag, or flipping camps, do what you want.

Same approach I have to instanced content. CMs and I expect some effort on gear and builds, but anything else its really not worth getting worked up over suboptimal builds or gear,

Edited by Cameirus.8407
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

WvW finally getting an exclusive armor set again and people are over themselves.

Fine make woad armor available in PvE. And make all raid, fractal and strike exclusives available in WvW. Deal?

Deal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

14 minutes ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

WvW finally getting an exclusive armor set again and people are over themselves.

Fine make woad armor available in PvE. And make all raid, fractal and strike exclusives available in WvW. Deal?

And triple the wvw gold gain. Sure it will devalue the gold earned in pve resulting in less buying power for pve players but wvw players will close the gap.

14 hours ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

Yeah, sorry, but that's honestly just not good enough, at least not for me. WvW should have access to it through reward tracks, but there needs to be a way to to obtain this armor in PvE; and, not to sound too dramatic, if there isn't one by the end of Janthir, then I'm simply not going to be buying any more expansions. 

It's yalls game and you can do whatever you want, and I'm just one data point, but if the new paradigm is to launch expansions with 3/5ths of their armor cosmetics (and every single thematically relevant one) arbitrarily locked behind some 50-70+ hour grind in a pvp mode that has absolutely nothing to do with that expansion, I'm out. I bought the Janthir Wilds expansion to be able to earn Janthir Wilds rewards by actually playing Janthir Wilds content; that's how it's worked for every other expansion, so why would I not have expected that? If the title had been Janthir Wilds + Inexplicable ~60 Hour Forced World vs. Wall Grind I'd understand, but it's not.

It's just incredibly aggravating to grind out your masteries, go, "Uh... that's it? This can't possibly be all there is to do right?", only to realize that there's no reason to actually play in said Janthir Wilds content, because 18/30 of it's chase goals have been amputated and locked behind a pvp reward track so that WvW players can be sold "spite people that don't like playing WvW" as an expansion feature in lieu of them actually getting a real one since Desert Borderlands (although going by this thread that last part seems to be totally working, so gj). Honestly, this whole thing feels like a total bait-and-switch bordering on false advertising, and I cannot for the life of me see what kind of logic lead yall to this decision. It's like we're back to the foot shooting days of $400,00 esport pushes and Living World Season 1 "Handcrafted Content that Only Exists for Two Weeks" decision making.

Ikr? It's almost as bad as grinding out my SOTO reward track in WVW and finding out I can't get Astral Ward armor from it. I have to go to PvE?! Screw that! 🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Favorite part about any of this is WvW players saying they deserve something exclusive.

B**** you get mystic coins and mystic clovers handed to you just for being in your desired game mode. 😆 Never has a wvw/pvp player complained about being low on mystic clovers, meanwhile PvE players have to play specific modes in PvE to obtain them or be locked to the wizard vault quarterly limit if they just like to do open world content. (without mystic toilet dumping)

Edited by Spartam.2046
  • Like 2
  • Confused 7

9 hours ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

Ikr? It's almost as bad as grinding out my SOTO reward track in WVW and finding out I can't get Astral Ward armor from it. I have to go to PvE?! Screw that! 🙃

I literally said in the post that you just quoted that WvW should have access to these cosmetics through their reward tracks. Reading hard.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

I literally said in the post that you just quoted that WvW should have access to these cosmetics through their reward tracks. Reading hard.

Hmm, you might want to re-read your post a little closer. If you somehow meant "it" and "this armor" to include other cosmetics (like SOTO skins that were left out of pvp/wvw), then sorry, it didn't translate that well. Both of those terms you used imply a singular item or set, which I interpreted to be Woad, not Astral Ward armor or any other skins.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

Hmm, you might want to re-read your post a little closer. If you somehow meant "it" and "this armor" to include other cosmetics (like SOTO skins that were left out of pvp/wvw), then sorry, it didn't translate that well. Both of those terms you used imply a singular item or set, which I interpreted to be Woad, not Astral Ward armor or any other skins.

Sorry, I'll be sure to make an itemized list of every single open world armor set in the game next time. I wouldn't want to contribute to this thread being derailed in an endless series of pedantic whataboutisms by not being overtly specific enough in my posting.

Edited by Sweetbread.3678
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

Sorry, I'll be sure to make an itemized list of every single open world armor set in the game next time. I wouldn't want to contribute to this thread being derailed in an endless series of pedantic whataboutisms by not being overtly specific enough in my posting.

Thanks! A complete list would be very helpful, actually. I'd like to know how many PVE skins are not available in competitive modes and vice versa. It may shed a new perspective on the thread too. 😉

Oh, using plural pronouns when intending to refer to plural nouns would be helpful too. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Spartam.2046 said:

Favorite part about any of this is WvW players saying they deserve something exclusive.

B**** you get mystic coins and mystic clovers handed to you just for being in your desired game mode. 😆 Never has a wvw/pvp player complained about being low on mystic clovers, meanwhile PvE players have to play specific modes in PvE to obtain them or be locked to the wizard vault quarterly limit if they just like to do open world content. (without mystic toilet dumping)

Oh please. 6 MC's per week in wvw from the pip track chests,which btw are in the gold and last chest. 2 mystic clovers per track (barring the *non repeatable* ones) which takes, without boosters on, 8,5 hours to complete. Dugan sells clovers to us for *checks notes* 2 MC's a piece. Lemme' spend my 6 MC's I earned and buy 2 more from the TP to get my weekly cap *of FIVE CLOVERS*.

That's a considerable time investment per week in wvw for a small amount compared to what you can get in pve for *less time*. 1 daily Anomaly event,1 MC. 7 MC's a week. The easiest way of getting clovers in pve afaik are the icebrood strikes. 10 weekly cap. About 30-60 minutes each day and you most likely have enough shards for the 10 clovers with minimal effort.

Tell me again how the average WvW player are drowning in clovers and MC's? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

So 3 armor sets were added with the expansion.  Two of them are just copy and pasted visually across all weight classes and the only good one; woad armor, is locked behind wvw or pvp and in order to get it you have to sit through roughly 54 hours fully buffed exp bonuses of WvW (3 hours per track x 18 individual armor pieces) or 128 hours unbuffed (8 hours per track) or 4 hours per track in PvP, 72 hours total (roughly according to pvpers). 

Is that a joke?

Edited by sevenDEADLY.5281
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

PvE players about loot they don't care about:"sure, Spvp and WvW can get their own rewards and unique skins."

PvE players about loot they want:"WTF, how dare these game modes get unique loot I want! Rawr! Freak! Explode!"

Meanwhile Spvp and WvW players are like:"please sir, can I have just a little bit of loot."

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I play wvw (admittedly don't pvp)  its the sheer amount of hours I'm saying is kind of absurd. And the fact that the other two sets are throw away "just copy and paste it for all 3 weight classes" while the only unique one that an actual set was made for light, medium, and heavy armor is the one thats locked behind an absurd abount of hours of wvw or pvp

• Like 2
  • Confused 4