pvp question

Hi, new player here. I've been playing for about a month and a half and have a quick question. Are there any openworld pvp maps? I'm not talking about wvw or spvp but more like regular maps with all kinds of activities where you could be attacked by other players at any time. Just to clarify, I enjoy wvw, but it feels a bit sterile to me, more like an exhibition ground.

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't see how adding such a map would be harmful. Introduce the map with some decent, but not overly generous, rewards. Ensure it doesn't interfere with any key PvE activities, and then observe if players are drawn to it. I have deep respect for the GW2 community. I'm not trying to criticize anyone; I just want to express what I feel is missing as a new player.

Edited by Stew Commander.1983
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Stew Commander.1983 said:

Honestly, I don't see how adding such a map would be harmful. Introduce the map with some decent, but not overly generous, rewards. Ensure it doesn't interfere with any key PvE activities, and then observe if players are drawn to it. I have deep respect for the GW2 community. I'm not trying to criticize anyone; I just want to express what I feel is missing as a new player.

Don’t worry, the PvE community are always hostile when it comes to suggestions of PvP of any sort in the open world. 

You heard them - we have WvW - what’s that? You don’t like playing in the same maps for over ten years while PvE receives endless maps that are then promptly forgotten about like empty burger wrappers? Too bad -some of these players would press a button to delete competitive modes entirely I’m sure. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stew Commander.1983 said:

Honestly, I don't see how adding such a map would be harmful. Introduce the map with some decent, but not overly generous, rewards. Ensure it doesn't interfere with any key PvE activities, and then observe if players are drawn to it.

They kind of tried this with Edge of the Mists...it's currently a barren wasteland.  It's a fundamental GW2 thing, you either structure an activity into small groups (sPvP, Dungeons, Fractals) or large ones (Open World Metas, Raids, WvW)--there is no in-between.  

So that would rule out any instanced map other than what we have.  The other options is PK areas in actual PvE, and oh my would that cause a nuclear explosion with the actual PvE crowd, as for most of them even grinding out a Gift of Battle is far too much.

25 minutes ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

I don't think you have ever added anything productive to any pvp discussion.

Holy Ad Hominems Batman

Add a button like there is in WoW to turn turn openworld pvp on, everyone who has it on can attack the other.

Now for balancing => once this is turned on, it instantly goes how your skills are balanced in WvW.

Otherwise there will be complains about stuff being too OP and pve would get unnecessary nerfs.

It would make openworld pve harder npcs ect, but lets be honest whoever turns this on shouldn't go hardcore pve with it, the purpose is openworld pvp

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lonecap.4105 said:

Don’t worry, the PvE community are always hostile when it comes to suggestions of PvP of any sort in the open world. 

You heard them - we have WvW - what’s that? You don’t like playing in the same maps for over ten years while PvE receives endless maps that are then promptly forgotten about like empty burger wrappers? Too bad -some of these players would press a button to delete competitive modes entirely I’m sure. 

Not to mention the RESISTANCE to any change whatsoever from large swaths of the WvW community, including adding in new maps...

• Like 1