Guild wars 3

On 6/22/2024 at 8:45 PM, Ghostkat.9580 said:

Exactly. Though remember, this is a player base that is notoriously anti-subscription... even though it would be the best and fastest way for said player base to get all the features they ask for (but don't seem to want to pay for, and forget cost ANet money to develop and maintain). In spite of their claims that it would "kill the game," I maintain that the number of players who are more than willing to pay a sub as an alternative to predatory microtransaction practices is a lot higher than most people on the forums or Reddit would have you believe, and the game would be a lot better off even if there was only an optional sub with purely cosmetic incentives as well as LW access. I'd imagine things like personal housing would've not only happened much sooner, but the housing customization options would be considerably more robust than what we're getting. People forget, it costs ANet money to host the instanced content, and occasional one-time purchases don't sustain a company over longer periods of time if they have to foot the bill for ongoing server support and additional updates.

While I definitely think ANet listening to its players is good... to a point... I also think they need to do what's in the best economic interests for the highest quality they can deliver. Though EoD was in some ways lower in overall quality even in spite of being a fully-priced game, due to it being a rush job. It's super clear ANet waited to see what FFXIV was going to unveil at their Fan Festival event, but when they didn't show off their job actions, ANet was screwed and had to come up with SOMETHING. We know their game designers spend more time on their socials talking about FFXIV moreso than they do their own game, so that says something. The bigger issue is they've lost a lot of the people who knew what they were doing, because they can't afford pay rates that are competitive compared to other studios in the same general area. Whether or not you're content with the product (and I'm FAR more content with the state of SotO than EoD, even though I think the third map we got is pretty bad compared to the first two), the reality is that ANet needs to both grab a larger number of players and sustain at least a million in order to sustain a workforce. They can't do that, so they need to rethink their monetization. It seems this is an attempt to try and do that without charging a sub, at the cost of content, which is easier for the smaller team they have. To me, it would make sense to grow the team, but they need money for that. And the REAL problem to me is that they keep trying to cater to the existing super-loyal players (many of whom don't play other games) but don't know how to competently attract players from other games like FFXIV. The player base needs to grow substantially, and we're not seeing enough in that department.

1. The free-to-play model is GW2's niche. There are a lot more players than you would think who simply can't afford subscriptions that keep the metas and PvP and WvW populated, and that is a demographic FFXIV and WoW can't touch. Furthermore, the ability to log in anytime without needing to sub or resub does a lot to attract casuals and counterbalance attrition rates.

2. GW2 is likely not going to have the playerbase size of FFXIV or WoW. It does not have the brand goodwill of gaming's biggest franchise and biggest studio, respectively. Its character avatar options are not as broad, and not as sexy as FFXIV's nor hyperstylized as WoW's, with only a single generic sex bimbo race and several variations on beasty-gremlin, so there is generally lower compatibility of self-insertion/vicarious fantasy unless players are into these weird, hyper-specific races that don't include catgirls or elves or orcs. And even though its graphics charmingly evoke the PS2 golden era, consumers on the whole tend to gravitate toward the new and shiny, so it will always be slowly rolling down that hill of obsolescence. GW2 becoming a major player at this point is a bit of a pipe dream; barring some major screw-up by Square or Blizzard it is never going to be part of the two-horse race.

• Like 3
  • Confused 7

Don't know if the idea has been put out there yet or not but here's my take for Gw3.

Gw1 Remastered on unreal engine with a similar mission setup what not and make it open world plus... jumping!

The pvp system in gw1 was beyond it's time and just think of Hall Of Heroes on unreal engine. We could go back to dual classes and a 10 skill open skill bar. The alliance battles and owning a city in Cantha and that meant beating others in the PVPE maps

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

Do you think they will make anything from gw2 to progress / transfer to gw3? 

I have to admit I'm one of the dum dums who gets kind of demotivated to play gw2 at teh moments, because I feel like it will be all reset in gw3.

And for me, personally, mmo games are about the continuity, and it does play big part for me enjoying the game experience overall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Edward Holm.4207 said:

I have to admit I'm one of the dum dums who gets kind of demotivated to play gw2 at teh moments, because I feel like it will be all reset in gw3.

And for me, personally, mmo games are about the continuity, and it does play big part for me enjoying the game experience overall.

There is no GW3, so keep playing the game and enjoy yourself. The new homestead stuff is looking quite interesting and looks like it might be worth the time investment. There is plenty to do and enjoy in this game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Edward Holm.4207 said:

The answer to that, if GW3 will ever be made, is most likely negative. The progress in such a situation would almost certainly be reset, with maybe a few goodies thrown to GW2 veterans. Look up the hall of monuments rewards how they managed "transfer" from GW1 to GW2 - it should give you some idea how it might work in case of GW3.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/30/2024 at 12:17 PM, Zera.9435 said:

There is no GW3, so keep playing the game and enjoy yourself.

So Anet should already be here saying that there won't be a GW3, but guess what...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

I think they will try to blindly copy FFXIV, which they already have been doing on some things since EoD. And let's be honest, FFXIV didn't bring anything new or original to the gaming or MMORPG table, except for never before seen levels of PR talk and community manipulation.

Who will be our very own Yoshi P with his very own horde of gullible fanboys? Place your bets.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

8 hours ago, Peter.3901 said:

So Anet should already be here saying that there won't be a GW3, but guess what...

Imagine if they hired someone to post in every crazy thread to say "no, that's not happening". Then imagine the furore if, somewhere down the line, one of those ideas actually saw the light of day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, costepj.5120 said:

Imagine if they hired someone to post in every crazy thread to say "no, that's not happening". Then imagine the furore if, somewhere down the line, one of those ideas actually saw the light of day.

Not to mention that people will pick their posts apart ad infinitum. Like, the post might say "we are not working on GW3" and then people say "aha, so you're not excluding the idea". And then they'll say "no, we never exclude anything" and then people will say "see, they are going to make a GW3 but just not yet" and such. It'll be one semantic battle after another.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Peter.3901 said:

They already said that their priority is the continued development of GW2. How is that not the end of the conversation?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, costepj.5120 said:

You don't have to go out of your way to find examples for that. It's exactly what happened with HoT.

Hint: nobody called them up on it, because making an expansion was considered to be a good idea.

Edit: nobody's asking for them to flat out deny the possibility of ever making GW3 in the future. Even the people that do not want this to happen realize that expecting such assurances is unrealistic. What people ask about is the current status on the issue. Are they working on it already? Are they in planning stages? Or is it something they aren't actively working on (in any stage) and have currently no plans for it to change?

Them being evasive about even this level of information only feeds potential conspiracy theories, because it does make it seem like they want to hide something from us.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

8 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You don't have to go out of your way to find examples for that. It's exactly what happened with HoT.

Hint: nobody called them up on it, because making an expansion was considered to be a good idea.

Edit: nobody's asking for them to flat out deny the possibility of ever making GW3 in the future. Even the people that do not want this to happen realize that expecting such assurances is unrealistic. What people ask about is the current status on the issue. Are they working on it already? Are they in planning stages? Or is it something they aren't actively working on (in any stage) and have currently no plans for it to change?

Them being evasive about even this level of information only feeds potential conspiracy theories, because it does make it seem like they want to hide something from us.

Or they have no concrete information they want to give out. They don't want to flat out deny it and then perhaps shortly thereafter they get told by NCSoft to make some new game. Or inversely, they don't want to confirm something only to have NCSoft pull the plug a short time later because someone somewhere changed their mind.  It is best not to make any official statements until they have real tangible information to give out. So, let's all just sit back and wait a while for an official announcement that may or may not ever even come.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

"Is no," and, "will be no," are very different things.

Yes, thank you for helping to clarify that. I think this is one of those little details that people are misunderstanding.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Zera.9435 said:

Or they have no concrete information they want to give out. They don't want to flat out deny it and then perhaps shortly thereafter they get told by NCSoft to make some new game. Or inversely, they don't want to confirm something only to have NCSoft pull the plug a short time later because someone somewhere changed their mind.  It is best not to make any official statements until they have real tangible information to give out. So, let's all just sit back and wait a while for an official announcement that may or may not ever even come.

I already said the question is about the current status. Noone's really expecting them to make binding promises about not doing something in the future - we know that in Anet pretty much everything is on the table and it's extremely rare for them to say something just won't be done. Still, i'd expect them to at least know whether they are working on it right now or have it already slotted in their planner.

And the second possibility is already covered by the "they're trying to hide something from us" clause i mentioned before. If they cannot flat out say "no, we aren't working on it" then the safe assumpion is that something is indeed going on here.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2024 at 7:16 AM, costepj.5120 said:

The same guy that merged every post could do that easily.

Also, news exists.

Next.

Edited by Peter.3901
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Peter.3901 said:

The same guy that merged every post could do that easily.

Also, news exists.

Next.

Guy who is merging posts != people who have that information. 

Like other people said, things can change fast, too.  They could say they're not and then NCsoft can show up months later and go "tf you mean you're not yes you are" (IBS "We aren't doing any more expansions"), or they could say they are and then wind up like Ashes of Creation, that still isn't released after 10 years.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Zera.9435 said:

even when they do announce it, there can still be many reasons for stopping the development of gw3. plenty of examples that happened with other games. the idea of creating gw3 is already there. don't forget it's ncsoft who started to talk about gw3.

maybe somebody should tell ncsoft to chill and wait for the real news from anet. it's not even about believing whats true or false. people who talk about gw3 here want gw3 to be created and they want to hear more news about it. the title of this topic can basically be changed to "we want gw3 now, gives us more news".

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2024 at 10:40 PM, Chaos God.1639 said:

people who talk about gw3 here want gw3 to be created and they want to hear more news about it. the title of this topic can basically be changed to "we want gw3 now, gives us more news".

It's actually a split between those that want GW3 (and have unreasonable expectations about it), and those whose expectations are more realistic (which is why they do not want GW3 to happen).

The same about people that are interested in the project status - they come from both sides (even if they want that info for exactly opposite reasons).

Notice, btw, that people that ask others to stop asking about that info are also doing it for many different reasons (with two key ones being, for anti-gw3 group just sticking their head in the sand and not wanting to hear bad news, and for pro-gw3 one wanting to keep it quiet in fear of project getting cancelled due to negative community response).

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

On 7/3/2024 at 1:47 AM, Astralporing.1957 said:

I already said the question is about the current status. Noone's really expecting them to make binding promises about not doing something in the future - we know that in Anet pretty much everything is on the table and it's extremely rare for them to say something just won't be done. Still, i'd expect them to at least know whether they are working on it right now or have it already slotted in their planner.

And the second possibility is already covered by the "they're trying to hide something from us" clause i mentioned before. If they cannot flat out say "no, we aren't working on it" then the safe assumpion is that something is indeed going on here.

I can tell you the current status right now: unconfirmed.

Besides, even if they know whether they are working on it (whatever it is) right now or have it already slotted in their planner, they have no obligation to tell us anything until they are certain that the information is real, tangible, and verifiable. They'll tell us whatever when it's ready.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Zera.9435 said:

I can tell you the current status right now: unconfirmed.

Besides, even if they know whether they are working on it (whatever it is) right now or have it already slotted in their planner, they have no obligation to tell us anything until they are certain that the information is real, tangible, and verifiable. They'll tell us whatever when it's ready.

Funny how you say "I can tell you the current status right now" and then follow with saying that you can't actually say the current status. "unconfirmed" means "no info".

And yes, they have no obligation to do anything. You're right about that. Until they do however, it's full speculation mode due to what NCSoft already did say. Because the only way to stop that is to do give us that info. Especially since if they themselves though the info they can give us was going to be well-received, they would have said so already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Funny how you say "I can tell you the current status right now" and then follow with saying that you can't actually say the current status. "unconfirmed" means "no info".

And yes, they have no obligation to do anything. You're right about that. Until they do however, it's full speculation mode due to what NCSoft already did say. Because the only way to stop that is to do give us that info. Especially since if they themselves though the info they can give us was going to be well-received, they would have said so already.

Yes, I'm sure the decision on whether or not to reveal more information hinges solely upon how big of a meltdown the unhinged minority will have at the mere suggestion that some day in the future a new game may force them to face the difficult decision to move on and leave their virtual stuff behind. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's called hyperbole, big guy.

Anyway, NCSoft as a whole did not say anything. It was one guy whose job was being brought into question and said what he thought the finance guys wanted to hear. People speak out of turn or say things they don't really mean or can't fully back up sometimes. It happens, especially when you're put on the spotlight. If your millionaire job was on the line and your ability to make profit for the company was brought into question, you'd be nervous too. It's nothing a simple apology in a closed meeting among them wouldn't fix.

Besides, there is no info that ArenaNet could give that would ever satisfy the likes of you. Even if ArenaNet right now said "No, we are not working on GW3" you people would still not shut up about it because you are dissatisfied with GW2. You would unreasonably demand that they immediately start working on GW3. If they instead said they were, then you would all simply start bashing them for 'abandoning GW2' and call for a boycott of GW3. There is no satisfying you people.

ArenaNet's statement that their priority is the continued development of GW2 as a response to what that one guy said should have been the end of the conversation. Instead, people like you are blowing this thing way out of proportion with speculative talk based on nothing concrete, looking for some deep secret that may not even be a thing.

So I'm going to keep saying it as long as I have to: sit back and wait for an official confirmation from ArenaNet regarding whatever project they are working on. It could be anything. It could have even been cancelled. Any information might not even be viable for a few more years. We won't know until they say.

• Like 3
  • Confused 6

On 7/2/2024 at 3:18 AM, Peter.3901 said:

Why should they do that, because someone is speculating based on three words said by some CEO lol. Please the CEO greenlights and redlights plenty of titles on a yearly basis. We don't know ANYTHING. Y'all are just creating a buzz for something that probably isn't even alive. And I love how some people are already freaking out and saying that PEOPLE ARE ALREADY JUMPING SHIPS!!!!! WE CANT HAVE GW3!!!!!. Please, if some rumor is enough for you to quit a game that's meant to be for you to play for fun then... I guess you made it your second job. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Zera.9435 said:

It's called hyperbole, big guy.

Anyway, NCSoft as a whole did not say anything. It was one guy whose job was being brought into question and said what he thought the finance guys wanted to hear. People speak out of turn or say things they don't really mean or can't fully back up sometimes. It happens, especially when you're put on the spotlight. If your millionaire job was on the line and your ability to make profit for the company was brought into question, you'd be nervous too. It's nothing a simple apology in a closed meeting among them wouldn't fix.

Besides, there is no info that ArenaNet could give that would ever satisfy the likes of you. Even if ArenaNet right now said "No, we are not working on GW3" you people would still not shut up about it because you are dissatisfied with GW2. You would unreasonably demand that they immediately start working on GW3. If they instead said they were, then you would all simply start bashing them for 'abandoning GW2' and call for a boycott of GW3. There is no satisfying you people.

ArenaNet's statement that their priority is the continued development of GW2 as a response to what that one guy said should have been the end of the conversation. Instead, people like you are blowing this thing way out of proportion with speculative talk based on nothing concrete, looking for some deep secret that may not even be a thing.

So I'm going to keep saying it as long as I have to: sit back and wait for an official confirmation from ArenaNet regarding whatever project they are working on. It could be anything. It could have even been cancelled. Any information might not even be viable for a few more years. We won't know until they say.

Ive read quite a lot of your post, and to be fair i respect that you belive in whatever you want, however your gastlighting people big time here with made up things and taking the info you want.

1) The "random" NCsoft guy is literally the CEO of NCsoft WEST and Arenanet. Anet answer to NCSOFT for any big decision like a new game, so that guy is literally their boss. And if he says they are making GW3 to their investors, its the truth and it align perfecly with all the DATA we already had about the "unanounced project". Dont make it look like it was a random twitter user please. 

2) Arenanet has been 2 years 98% just hiring for the unnanounced project, which is a MMORPG with stablish fantasy IP under Unreal Engine 5. Which already suggested a posible GW3, that is already confirmed by the NCSOFT director. On top of that people from the GW2 team like Mathew Medina, Aron Coberly has stated pubicly that they have moved from GW2 to the unannounced project and that THEY HAVE PORTED hundreds of GW2 assets into unreal engine 5 for the new unnanounced project, another evidence if the other ones didnt serve you already enough.

3) The quality drop in GW2 content aswell as the recycling is something no1 can deny and it has been talked since a few years already. Just look at SoTo and any other expansion to see its hard to belive they are "full focused on GW2", also if they are just full focused on GW2 why they have been 2 years hiring just for the unanounced project? oh your theory is breaking in parts man.

4) They havent deny the fact that they are working on GW3, which is something that is and will affect GW2 earnings so if it wasnt true the most logical movement would have been denying it. And they wont confirm it either cos it will make more and more people leave from GW2 for a game that is still some years away. So they just gave a vague answer that literally means nothing "we are always looking to create new games" what the hell is that? when your owners have said already that your making GW3 and since 2 years we know about your "unannounced project", thats literally like saying nothing, and on top of that "we are focused on gw2" to create some half-fake positive feeling "PR-talk".

5) When they started hiring for the "unanounced project" Arenanet had about 239 employees by their Linkedin, now they have close to 350 employees and if you go every week into carreers you will just see positions opened for the unannounced project not GW2, which again doesnt align with the "we are full focused on gw2". The GW2 director has said that the GW2 team is about the size of LWS4 that it was around 215 employees (by some old devs comments at that time), so i guess that 125 employees are working on the unannouned project already and more will join that team as time pass by.

Please belive what you want, but dont gaslight people. 

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1