Homestead Gemstore

So I am not sure how I feel about the change to what they announced on the livestream.

On the livestream, it was said we would get multiple copies of the decoration upon purchase, but now it is 1 copy and a recipe. The recipe for the plush themselves are okay in costs - 10 homestead fibers and 10 homestead wood.

The price though for it seems a little high since it is just 1 copy of each and the recipe, if it was like 5 or even 10 (5 would be better) the price would be more appropriate in my opinion.

The decorations themselves however are super cute 😄

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I kinda wish we had seen a little more of the in-game decorations arrive first before they started hocking recipes on the gem store. Barely out the door with any organic decorations and the good stuff is already gems makes me a bit nervous about the direction of it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I'm not surprised to see them in the gem store, nor do I mind the idea. As I clearly stated above, my objection was to the fact that I don't feel like the concept is sufficiently fleshed out in game yet to warrant moving new related ideas to the gem store before finishing the thing itself.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, Belisaria.8136 said:

I kinda wish we had seen a little more of the in-game decorations arrive first before they started hocking recipes on the gem store. Barely out the door with any organic decorations and the good stuff is already gems makes me a bit nervous about the direction of it.

There's quite a lot decorations already

Have you unlocked them all from the heart vendors?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/10/2024 at 8:37 PM, DeanBB.4268 said:

After gliders, mounts, fishing poles, and skiffs (am I forgetting anything?), I can't believe anyone is surprised to see decorations in the gem store.

In my opinion, putting decoration on the Gem Store should only have happened after all available decoration has been made available to Handiworkers. People who have never decorated a Guild Hall will not know what is missing and are more likely to buy stuff from the Gem Store due to the limited selection of items we currently have made available to us for Homestead decoration.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

In my opinion, putting decoration on the Gem Store should only have happened after all available decoration has been made available to Handiworkers. People who have never decorated a Guild Hall will not know what is missing and are more likely to buy stuff from the Gem Store due to the limited selection of items we currently have made available to us for Homestead decoration.

Agreed.  Unless you are a scribe, it may be very unfamiliar.  If they wish to continue with items such as the plushies for your homestead, great.  

On 9/10/2024 at 7:37 PM, DeanBB.4268 said:

After gliders, mounts, fishing poles, and skiffs (am I forgetting anything?

Jade Bots, minis, dyes, armor skins, weapon skins, mail carriers, finishers, musical instruments, chairs...

On 9/10/2024 at 6:49 PM, Belisaria.8136 said:

the good stuff is already gems makes me a bit nervous about the direction of it.

On 9/10/2024 at 8:03 PM, Belisaria.8136 said:

I don't feel like the concept is sufficiently fleshed out in game yet to warrant moving new related ideas to the gem store before finishing the thing itself.

It being in a gem store is a good thing, because that means it's making money, and if it's making money you get bug fixes (eventually), QoL updates and new features. Without the gem store allure Anet would probably quit on it soon after release.

• Confused 1

On 9/10/2024 at 10:49 AM, Belisaria.8136 said:

I think they should have had a bunch more decorations come out in the gem store right away. PoF had mount skins come out at once and Arenanet openly admitted they made bank on that. I want that same success with Homesteads, but they decided to go the way of not putting out anything that makes them money like they did with Skiffs and Jadebots. Especially Jadebots.

IMO it would be nice if the decorations in the gem store remain new unusual/non thematic items like plushies, etc which get people excited but are NOT items that you see in game.

It would be sad IMO if any item which is already in the game was put onto the gemstore as a decoration, and almost as sad if thematic items like different wall textures etc went the same way. Thematic items which fit the world of GW2 would ideally be unlocked in the game rather than in the gemstore.

• Like 1