Arenanet, when are you ending that WR desaster?

Honestly, destructuring was so bad that there is no point even logging in unless your guild is raiding. Since you cannot organise, communicate or train with people unaffected by "kicked from guild if you don't behave" threats, WvW outside guild raids is just currency farming and every loss is matchmakings fault.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 12
  • Confused 9

2 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Then we just need a reasonable explanation why people seem log in anyway and activity is about the same as previous years without WR.

I definetly log in less - and my guild is playing less. The only reason why I log in at all is to spend some time with them. Even if it has become completely non-fun

Edited by VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.
  • Like 4
  • Confused 4

8 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:
26 minutes ago, Riba.3271 said:

Then we just need a reasonable explanation why people seem log in anyway and activity is about the same as previous years without WR.

It would be nice to see numbers from year ago, but I am looking at current EU reset and there are only 2.2k kills per average 6 hours after reset. Maybe the queues seem to still pop up once in a while, but the kill count definitely isn't as high as before. I am guessing people are on full maps and not playing the game because they can't find a group to play with.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

WB and Harb should be just removed from the game. They are utterly broken designs. 

WR is bad because it destroyed cohesion. It took away server communities without replacement. The only people who profit from this change were the whiney bandwagoneers. Which were also the only people actually in favour of this very very questionable change.

• Like 3
  • Confused 6

I think the goal is to get the balance fixed before they say it failed. Right now sides are not even and we know why.

Direct quote from anet dev Cecil

We have also observed an issue related to time zone population balance that is specifically affecting large guilds. Our algorithm is trying to build a representative profile of guilds for the purposes of team creation. The larger your guild becomes, the more relevant the "averages" are in your data, and the less specific the profile becomes. This creates a situation in which off-hours groups that are part of large prime-time guilds are having their data nullified by the larger group

Edited by ChrisWhitey.9076
Added quote
  • Confused 2

Just now, One more for the road.8950 said:

Because that never happened on servers....

not to that extend. No. Not on home borderland. And not with that consistency.

Btw, I just quit. Two enemy zergs on home bl. A handful of roamers from our side. No thank you. 

Anet, you FAILED. Admit it and revert this garbage.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

16 minutes ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

not to that extend. No. Not on home borderland. And not with that consistency.

Btw, I just quit. Two enemy zergs on home bl. A handful of roamers from our side. No thank you. 

Anet, you FAILED. Admit it and revert this garbage.

Yes it did. And claiming anything else is at best ignorant.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 9/14/2024 at 6:57 AM, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

We need some timeframe here. 

When will this horrible, dumb mistake end? Next reset? End of September?

Surely you can not be serious about continuing with this dumpsterfire?

This tbh.

As a paying customer of Arenanet who's game mode is WvW I would like to know wtf is going on. I have paid for this game mode with real money and I expect a quality product. Most WvWers didnt buy the Expacs for the PvE content, we bought them so we can continue playing WvW. The game developers have not delivered a quality product. WR is a clusterpuck at resets with the queues and don't even get me started on the AFKers auto running into walls for hours on end. Go back to 5 tiers and reduce guild alliance sizes to spread them out better over 5 tiers. Or go back to servers. WR isn't the solution.

• Like 3
  • Confused 6

13 hours ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

WR has been a blessing.
I've never done as much WvW weekly than since WR.
I got a lot more friends to play with in WvW too.

We have seen that the activity in WVW has remained more or less the same. So yes you who are compensating for all my hours of play that I no longer play in WVW. You are the culprit.😉

Fortunately I give them all to you without effort, since I can't get involved with this WR. It seems right to me to give space to those who instead manage to be involved.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 9/14/2024 at 1:18 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Different people. New people. What do they know? Nothing. They only know the soulless system.

Others complain about those new people because they can't do anything right xD

Well I cannot say much about that. I also only log in when a commander of my "alliance" starts up and pings it in discord. Well and to do daily. And reset. One good thing about wr, I can play in the evening again without lags to ruin the game.

Don't have much to do anymore with other players, they come and go anyway.

Apart from "alliance" guilds,  the small wvw guilds I was member of are quite dead. Some I haven't seen online since the wr and others come online like just once a week.
And I used to play with them (3-4 of them) every afternoon after work. :s

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 9/15/2024 at 3:31 AM, ChrisWhitey.9076 said:

I think the goal is to get the balance fixed before they say it failed. Right now sides are not even and we know why.

Direct quote from anet dev Cecil

We have also observed an issue related to time zone population balance that is specifically affecting large guilds. Our algorithm is trying to build a representative profile of guilds for the purposes of team creation. The larger your guild becomes, the more relevant the "averages" are in your data, and the less specific the profile becomes. This creates a situation in which off-hours groups that are part of large prime-time guilds are having their data nullified by the larger group

I will keep on repeating this. The only time Arena Net have control over a match with their "tools" is at re-shuffle week. That is one week out of four they can ballance. Reason is simple. We are still on ONE UP/ONE DOWN. This means after first re-shuffle week Arena Net no longer place anything, it is the one up/one down that decide which worlds are facing eachother and will do so until the next re-shuffle where you get your one week again where Anet place guilds with their "tools".

This is why World Restuction can never work and never be ballanced no matter how great tools there will be, because Arena Net only decide about that one week on each re-shuffle.

• Like 2