The transfusion nerf is a good thing

WhiteSmoke.5926

This trait is totally broken. It trivializes most PvE encounters. In good hands, a heal scourge can make bosses impossible to fail.

And I am a heal scourge enjoyer, but I see how ridiculous it is now.

If you fail a mechanic, you should be punished and not instantly teleported/rezzed with scourge.

The current situation creates an odd behavior. This trait is so powerful that it prevents the dev team from buffing scourge support abilities:

• Heal scourge is insane in encounters that don't require stability and blocks.
  • Heal scourge is lacking in encounters that require stability and blocks.
  • Like 14
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 25
  • Sad 3

But the problem is, we're not really getting anything in return and if there won't be any compensation in the next balance patch, we'll have to wait months for changes (in case we will actually get anything ofc)

Edited by Szatko.8132
  • Like 12

25 minutes ago, Brujeria.7536 said:

Oh sweet summer child, you really think anet gives something in return? We have seen it time and time again in the past: That wont happen and transfusion will be a dead trait.

23 minutes ago, Szatko.8132 said:

But the problem is, we're not really getting anything in return and if there won't be any compensation in the next balance patch, we'll have to wait months for changes (in case we will actually get anything ofc)

You need nothing in return. This trait will be strong enough

You heal downstate people and alive people for 9 pulse every 12 seconds (with alacrity), that's already insane.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 14

I agree that it kinda needs to go in order for scourge to get better things (boons/more heal...) 

But why don't these things happen in the same patch?

If anet continues at this pace they showed for necro in the last few patches we will have a good heal necro build again in 5 years... And that's not acceptable

Edited by Nimon.7840
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, WhiteSmoke.5926 said:

This trait is totally broken. It trivializes most PvE encounters. In good hands, a heal scourge can make bosses impossible to fail.

If you fail a mechanic, you should be punished and not instantly teleported/rezzed with scourge.

The current situation creates an odd behavior. This trait is so powerful that it prevents the dev team from buffing scourge support abilities:

Those players that always go down on first boneskinner aoes are going to be real upset. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Did we read the same game update notes? Because I must have missed the part where the dev team buffed scourge's support abilities when they removed the only reason a scourge would be chosen over chrono and pretty much any other healer for any form of content.

Some healers nowadays measure their stability not in stacks but in uptime. Scourge already isn't better than them on encounters that require zero stability. It literally only had the res-pull going for it. 

PS. punishing mechanics don't down you, they kill you instantly, even if you're in a 10 scourge squad.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

OP is right. But I think Anet will change their mind on this due to the sheer number of complainers in the balance preview thread. Dodge rolling or running out of red circles is just too hard for some folks.

If Anet stands firm on this, raid/strikes training runs will be a lot more interesting and challenging. Right now, it is just too easy with an experienced heal scourge.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

You're right, its always good when a spec is completely removed from playability on a whim. 

Healscourge without transfuse pull is a feature-lacking copy of Heal Chrono, combining horrificly bad boon generation, worse CC, less throughput, and a worse portal on top of a gimmicked together weapon set thats seeing MH SWORD as one of its best options, because pressing sword 3 actually does something.  The ONLY thing that keeps that bag of bad utility afloat in organized PvE is the ability to pull bodies on fights where bodies start happening as a result of fight design.

Without transfusion pulls, there is no reason to ever bring Scourge instead of chronomancer.  there is a single reason to ever bring scourge instead of druid (not having another heal chrono player and needing ports). Theres no real reason to bring it over shortbow engi for random bags of utility at that point.  This isnt even the scourge equivalent of not letting mesmer portals be dropped or used if you are in combat, because heal chrono still has the tools to be a top-tier healer without portal.  

Edited by Barraind.7324
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Nimon.7840 said:

I agree that it kinda needs to go in order for scourge to get better things (boons/more heal...) 

But why don't these things happen in the same patch?

If Janet continues at this pace they showed for necro in the last few patches we will have a good heal necro build again in 5 years... And that's not acceptable

2 hours ago, borisslav.9026 said:

Did we read the same game update notes? Because I must have missed the part where the dev team buffed scourge's support abilities when they removed the only reason a scourge would be chosen over chrono and pretty much any other healer for any form of content.

Some healers nowadays measure their stability not in stacks but in uptime. Scourge already isn't better than them on encounters that require zero stability. It literally only had the res-pull going for it. 

PS. punishing mechanics don't down you, they kill you instantly, even if you're in a 10 scourge squad.

There is none for now, but there is space for it now wihtout creating a healscourge meta.

Like buffing https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trail_of_Anguish : this skill need to give stab in AOE and not only on people that cross the trail

Or adding a second munition on https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Serpent_Siphon : this could be very interresting on some encounters like Deimos

Edited by WhiteSmoke.5926
update
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 5

4 minutes ago, A Hamster.2580 said:

Dodge rolling or running out of red circles is just too hard for some folks.

It is, especially in the open world metas where everything is a skill effect or player name and painful ground fields are just part of the chaos.

I have zero interest in failing harder encounters and getting punished for other people dying. This is where healscourge shines and the upcoming changes are idiotic.

• Like 5

Or news flash, Heal Scourge allows margins of error to exist. I've seen it all the times, "my baby cries", "my dog/cat interrupted sorry", "bad connection", "oops forgot X, "sorry thought u meant Y", "kitten I pressed the forced movement skill into puddle", etc instead of this nonsensical theorizing you're doing. And you know what happens after these things? Groups most likely will have to start over. 

Demanding absolutely perfect gameplay from everyone at any time is a level of absurdity I can't fathom. This is some n@zi-style elitist bullsht the game actively avoids.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

Or news flash, Heal Scourge allows margins of error to exist. I've seen it all the times, "my baby cries", "my dog/cat interrupted sorry", "bad connection", "oops forgot X, "sorry thought u meant Y", "kitten I pressed the forced movement skill into puddle", etc instead of this nonsensical theorizing you're doing. And you know what happens after these things? Groups most likely will have to start over. 

Demanding absolutely perfect gameplay from everyone at any time is a level of absurdity I can't fathom. This is some n@zi-style elitist bullsht the game actively avoids.

And the interesting part, there are near perfect groups and guess what, they don't use HScourge in most encounters because they don't have to.

HScourge is fantastic for your average group that doesn't have every encounter memorized. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, WhiteSmoke.5926 said:

While I completely agree in principle, there's also the other side of the coin that everyone fails to consider.

The problem is that too often in PvE, mechanics are a one hit kill without it.

If you play any other MMO, there's this thing called margin of error and comback mechanics. As an example, failing a mechanic in FF14 will often give you a damage increase debuff, so that if you keep failing mechanics you will eventually die. Even so, you can still be revived after being fully dead by a healer.

GW2's version of the margin of error / comeback mechanic is the rally system. You get hit, you go down, so your team has to sacrifice their damage / risk taking more damage to revive you.

However, this comeback mechanic is completely invalidated by attacks that leave a lasting puddle underneath you. You can't use rescue to slowly heal yourself, because the ticking damage will cancel the animation, and your allies won't be able to revive you either because you have a fat ticking damaging AoE on you. Being able to teleport allies out of danger puddles was the way to go around this type of attacks. GW2 has no way to bring players back to life after fully defeated, so having mechanics that will one hit kill you and not allow you to revive is a bit too much. Heal scourge was, until the alacrity addition, the equivalent to a Red Mage in FF14. A class that, while not excelling at damage, was often taken for its ability to comeback in encounters. There's design space for something like that. The problem is that the class became too strong when it also got acces to the ever mandated support boon duality meta, and now we're loosing the only class that had a unique support angle to it.

• Thanks 6

Hello there sad day today,

I agree with a lot of people here, killing a healer that elitist don't like because no stab, and less boons than other healers is absurd. Why killing the multiclasses play that alllows everyone to play in peace and have fun everytime ? Because i play all healers, they all have there strong points each.

Scourge was for helping people clueless discovering the game too !! Doesn't save them all the time, but can help them enjoying it anyway so they come back and do better. In any content ! We had this trait for years and it was nerfed already ones, now it's balance, why want to unbalance all the game all the time and kill the fun ? They already have punishing mechanics where the scourge can't do anything about it you know. And chrono is meta already, i use that everytime everywhere even in CM.

Scourge i use to play fractals with dps that rush and don't know mechanics by heart. Or for portal because is useful a little to get away from the bosses aoe that pulls you they liked so much on Soto. the trasfusion is a plus i like but don't use everytime.

I'm sad for GW2, you do an excellent expansion for once and distroy the game behind it. Like do you actually care that most of you're community is sad and not enjoying what you're doing on patches ?

Talking about expansion, you know that on metas and rifts, where you don't see anything on the ground, the scourge transfuson is useful ? Pve is supposed to be fun, not a nightmare, you have casual players other than elitist ones that comes once a week to play only to do hard content. And these casuals players are the most of the players, they would like to do content without dying from aoe they don't even see all the time.

Well thank you, hoping Anet will change is mind about that, or it will do like during Soto, i'll fill alone on the game. And won't play heal scourge for the time being at all. Sadly.

Have a nice day

Edited by Hikaru.6704
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Brujeria.7536 said:

Oh sweet summer child, you really think anet gives something in return? We have seen it time and time again in the past: That wont happen and transfusion will be a dead trait.

It means staff #1 will give barrier to allies and marks will give more boons to allies, right? Right? /s

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vennyhedgie.5369 said:

GW2's version of the margin of error / comeback mechanic is the rally system. You get hit, you go down, so your team has to sacrifice their damage / risk taking more damage to revive you.

However, this comeback mechanic is completely invalidated by attacks that leave a lasting puddle underneath you. You can't use rescue to slowly heal yourself, because the ticking damage will cancel the animation, and your allies won't be able to revive you either because you have a fat ticking damaging AoE on you.

Brilliantly said

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Vennyhedgie.5369 said:

The problem is that too often in PvE, mechanics are a one hit kill without it.

Yeah they give you so mush so much damage and alterations that even as a healer you can die fast.

26 minutes ago, Vennyhedgie.5369 said:

If you play any other MMO, there's this thing called margin of error and comback mechanics. As an example, failing a mechanic in FF14 will often give you a damage increase debuff, so that if you keep failing mechanics you will eventually die. Even so, you can still be revived after being fully dead by a healer.

Again i agree with you, worst, FF14 is only one, there is Wow too as example, with a completly dead rally to the healer. But no on the ground mechanics that, like you said, aren't useful with aoe underneath you, that they love even more on GW2 this expansion. xD

Hope they will reconsiderer for once. They are so much thinking they are in the right all the time, that sadly players just don't play the class anymore until they buff it again (I'm one of them since i do multiclasses play, and can do it). That doens't exist in most MMO and wasn't the cases for other a year now. Was great. Everyone could almost play everything with every classes, they should continue on that path that makes you enjoy the game, not cry other it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hikaru.6704 said:

But no on the ground mechanics that, like you said, aren't useful with aoe underneath you, that they love even more on GW2 this expansion. xD

Unless they increase the "Revival per pulse" from the meager 2% for 9 pulses for a total of 18% revive.

Geyser traited revive for 35% on 20s cooldown.
Glyph of the Stars revive for 72% on a 48s cooldown in PvE, and 48% on a 60s cooldown in WvW.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, WhiteSmoke.5926 said:

I agree, it's time players start actually doing the mechanics in raids and learning other fights in the game, not getting a get out of jail free card with transfusion, how many players get downed on purpose because they know there's a scourge there to save them, so they can try and skip a mechanic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

Tbh i think stability should get removed to, as it makes some boss mechanics ignorable too, and bipassable by just brute forcing dps, i find it fun how people make such a big deal of a teleport to help a few peeps, oh but stability, that bypasses mechanics that otherwise would interrupt ur dps, and u just blow up the boss by brute forcing dmg in a couple of seconds is ok... anet has never been smart with balancing they identify some situations as op, while forgetting others, but i bet with you all if stability was removed the thread op  would be crying... specially the veterans, oh god we all know how the true veteran comunity is, bunch of hypocrites clueless people, only thing they know is arcdps measuring... but alas it is what it is, i play revenant now anyway so i stoped caring for necromancer, because as it has been an example over the years, anything the necro has more then other classes has to desappear, while guardians/revs/mesmers, get the one boon that decides meta classes... stability... in between other utilities that are just simply, in a lack of a better word, insanely BS on use, thats gw 2 for you, you better like what the devs like, if you think you're going to enjoy what you like, you're joking yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Hel Thanatos.2346 said:

Tbh i think stability should get removed to, as it makes some boss mechanics ignorable too, and bipassable by just brute forcing dps, i find it fun how people make such a big deal of a teleport to help a few peeps, oh but stability, that bypasses mechanics that otherwise would interrupt ur dps, and u just blow up the boss by brute forcing dmg in a couple of seconds is ok... anet has never been smart with balancing they identify some situations as op, while forgetting others, but i bet with you all if stability was removed the thread op  would be crying... specially the veterans, oh god we all know how the true veteran comunity is, bunch of hypocrites clueless people, only thing they know is arcdps measuring... but alas it is what it is, i play revenant now anyway so i stoped caring for necromancer, because as it has been an example over the years, anything the necro has more then other classes has to desappear, while guardians/revs/mesmers, get the one boon that decides meta classes... stability... in between other utilities that are just simply, in a lack of a better word, insanely BS on use, thats gw 2 for you, you better like what the devs like, if you think you're going to enjoy what you like, you're joking yourself.

raid sellers seem angry today.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 10