The transfusion nerf is a good thing

WhiteSmoke.5926

15 hours ago, WhiteSmoke.5926 said:

You need nothing in return. This trait will be strong enough

You heal downstate people and alive people for 9 pulse every 12 seconds (with alacrity), that's already insane.

And that's 1 out of 2 (the other one being well of blood) sources of on-demand healing for scourges. Your comment lacks context.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ShatteredStars.6548 said:

not me, everyone else is acting like the world is on fire.

You're literally in every topic here gloating. You know nobody forces YOU to play with heal scourges? Do whatever elitist bs you do, play with your gigachad-doing-every-mechanic-perfectly groups and let us filthy casuals actually enjoy the game yeah?

• Like 11
  • Confused 3

59 minutes ago, Hel Thanatos.2346 said:

Tbh i think stability should get removed to, as it makes some boss mechanics ignorable too, and bypassable by just brute forcing dps, i find it fun how people make such a big deal of a teleport to help a few peeps, oh but stability, that bypasses mechanics that otherwise would interrupt ur dps, and u just blow up the boss by brute forcing dmg in a couple of seconds is ok...

You forgot Aegis, along with Stability it has long been used to skip some mechanics.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

19 hours ago, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

Or news flash, Heal Scourge allows margins of error to exist. I've seen it all the times, "my baby cries", "my dog/cat interrupted sorry", "bad connection", "oops forgot X, "sorry thought u meant Y", "kitten I pressed the forced movement skill into puddle", etc instead of this nonsensical theorizing you're doing. And you know what happens after these things? Groups most likely will have to start over. 

Demanding absolutely perfect gameplay from everyone at any time is a level of absurdity I can't fathom. This is some n@zi-style elitist bullsht the game actively avoids.

When you are bad, you die and retry. Until you are not bad anymore.

There is no other path to excellence

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

19 hours ago, disForm.2837 said:

And the interesting part, there are near perfect groups and guess what, they don't use HScourge in most encounters because they don't have to.

HScourge is fantastic for your average group that doesn't have every encounter memorized. 

Your average group is one or two guys doing all the job and the rest leeching.

People that bring his own healscourge doesn't need one for himself.

• Like 3
  • Confused 9

This thread explains perfectly why pugging is such a nightmare and why even 20k Li players don't know mechanics sometimes.
Mass revive should have never existed in endgame content. And it still exists... People just have to die close to each other instead of all over the place. Maybe failed mechanics should wipe groups. Crazy concept i know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

6 hours ago, WhiteSmoke.5926 said:

Wow, can we hire you to give speeches in hospitals and assisted living facilities? Clearly those people just need to try harder.

Seriously get that elitist crap out of here. Not everyone is physically, mentally capable, having a good day or paying 100% attention all the time. And that's fine, this is a game.
Making everyone suffer over this is such a toxic idea.

Edited by Xainou.1502
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

Oh yeah, the (real) nerf is definitely going to open the way for the (hypothetical) buffs that the class (could) get if only this pesky trait wasn't standing on the way since 2015! Anet is definitely going to move fast and not leave Hscg hanging dry as they have in the past for other classes such as Mirage!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Xainou.1502 said:

Wow, can we hire you to give speeches in hospitals and assisted living facilities? Clearly those people just need to try harder.

Seriously get that elitist crap out of here. Not everyone is physically, mentally capable, having a good day or paying 100% attention all the time. And that's fine, this is a game.
Making everyone suffer over this is such a toxic idea.

How much of the player base do you think is disabled? Why should the entire player base have to accept the game constantly being trivialized for the disabled? Wanting the game to not be trivialized is not elitism. Wanting some fights to be more than just face tank in red aoes and spam 111 to win is not elitism.

Open world GW2 is already easier than games made for preteens. We want transfuse to be nerfed so that there would be some challenge in raids/strikes. You know, end game content. Even after this nerf to transfuse, I assure you, open world gw2 will still be braindead easy. Don't worry, you will still be able to face tank red aoes and spam 111.

Now if GW2 was advertised and presented as a game for the disabled, I would not argue and just go play a different game.

Edited by A Hamster.2580
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

9 minutes ago, A Hamster.2580 said:

How much of the player base do you think is disabled? Why should the entire player base have to accept the game constantly being trivialized for the disabled? [...]

Nothing is being trivialized. Transfusion has been a thing for years and hard PVE content with plenty of wiping still exists.

I called OPs attitude of "get gud" elitist, not the nerf.
Also not sure why you're picking disability only from my previous post, feels kinda ableist to be honest.

Open world GW2 is already easier than games made for preteens.

The flood of threads complaining about the DE/Eparch meta or convergence CMs want a word with you.

We want transfuse to be nerfed so that there would be some challenge in raids/strikes. You know, end game content. [..]

Then don't bring a healscourge.

Transfusion's not going to be much help in the hardest encounters anyway because guess what. We can't save you from being oneshot by failing mechanics.
Necro's not creating a braindead scenario, if anything you're probably better off bringing another healer with better access to blocks/stab.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Xainou.1502 said:

Nothing is being trivialized. Transfusion has been a thing for years and hard PVE content with plenty of wiping still exists.

Also not sure why you're picking disability only from my previous post, feels kinda ableist to be honest.

The flood of threads complaining about the DE/Eparch meta or convergence CMs want a word with you.

Then don't bring a healscourge.

Transfusion's not going to be much help in the hardest encounters anyway because guess what. We can't save you from being oneshot by failing mechanics.
Necro's not creating a braindead scenario, if anything you're probably better off bringing another healer with better access to blocks/stab.

This, exactly. I love how all the defenders of this change in pve want to destroy a spec, because THEY can't moderate THEIR groups. If you hate something that much run scourgeless. Most good groups do, this change PURELY attacks the least skilled pve players trying to learn the encounters.

And frankly from the tone of those that defend it, that's what they like, that people who have issues getting into pve game modes have a higher skill floor to step up onto. This is the dumbest change if they want people to get more into raids this xpack, utterly stupid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Xainou.1502 said:

Then you don't know how to play heal scourge. A good heal scourge can carry any group through many raids and strike cms. The experienced heal scourge mains know this is true and there is no debate here.

Right now, Garish Pillar after running the correct trait as a heal scourge has a cooldown of 12.75 sec. Since Heal Scourge can give themselves perma alac, this cooldown goes down to 10.2 seconds. They have an ability that can pull up to 5 downed allies to safety every 10.2 seconds. So yes, this trivializes many end game content.

1 hour ago, Xainou.1502 said:

People are saying get good as in get good enough to play at the average level. Get good enough to dodge roll that first waves of aoes from bone skinner that is completely scripted and is the same for every single fight. Get good enough to not stand in the very visible toxic green poison for too long at W2 Slothasor. Get good enough to run out of the big red pulsing aoe after dropping it at Aetherblade CM.

It's ok if you are new and you die to these a few times in the beginning in the learning process. This is natural. No one is saying you need to be pro speed runners. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Shade.8037 said:

This, exactly. I love how all the defenders of this change in pve want to destroy a spec, because THEY can't moderate THEIR groups. If you hate something that much run scourgeless. Most good groups do, this change PURELY attacks the least skilled pve players trying to learn the encounters.

And frankly from the tone of those that defend it, that's what they like, that people who have issues getting into pve game modes have a higher skill floor to step up onto. This is the dumbest change if they want people to get more into raids this xpack, utterly stupid.

Nope, it's a smart change. There is already emboldened mode for raids and normal/story mode for strikes for those that want to start learning. If Anet keeps the the ability that can pull up to 5 downed allies to safety every 10.2 seconds in the game, that would just make creating challenging but balanced end game content harder.

Once again, there will be a story mode/open world mode (convergence?)/normal mode for any future raids/strikes being released as we have seen them say so in the blogs.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

14 minutes ago, A Hamster.2580 said:

Nope, it's a smart change. There is already emboldened mode for raids and normal/story mode for strikes for those that want to start learning. If Anet keeps the the ability that can pull up to 5 downed allies to safety every 10.2 seconds in the game, that would just make creating challenging but balanced end game content harder.

Once again, there will be a story mode/open world mode (convergence?)/normal mode for any future raids/strikes being released as we have seen them say so in the blogs.

Then, I don't know, actually balance the thing that makes the class attractive to most of the people that play it? I'm not saying don't nerf it, i am saying removing it altogether is lazy and destroys any interest in the class for the fast majority of us that play it. And again, if you don't like it making your raid easier, JUST DON'T TAKE IT.

Stop punishing the rest of us because you have no interest in putting forth effort to moderate your own groups.

Edited by Shade.8037
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

19 minutes ago, A Hamster.2580 said:

Then you don't know how to play heal scourge. A good heal scourge can carry any group through many raids and strike cms. The experienced heal scourge mains know this is true and there is no debate here.

"Selling any raid wing, 9 slots, no experience needed."

It's okay guys, I'm a healscourge.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Xainou.1502 said:

"Selling any raid wing, 9 slots, no experience needed."

It's okay guys, I'm a healscourge.

I mean he is still right, if you have a bad scourge they'll just rip people away from rez's and into the next pain puddle. I know, i have been that scourge x.x

• Like 2

2 hours ago, A Hamster.2580 said:

How much of the player base do you think is disabled? Why should the entire player base have to accept the game constantly being trivialized for the disabled? Wanting the game to not be trivialized is not elitism.

Point to me where the game is being trivialized. You're making it sounds as if Heal Scourge is now everywhere in every single group and every encounter, when it's clearly not. Guess what, Heal Scourge doesn't have the god-like power to save a bad run like you're imagining, the support class that's dominating instanced content right now is Chronomancer, and we have bigger problems with free Stabs and Aegis being everywhere making mechanics moot. Drop your boogeyman, you're talking about an imaginary problem.

Wanting some fights to be more than just face tank in red aoes and spam 111 to win is not elitism.

Can we remove healers altogether then? People can do that exactly because of Stab/Aegis/heal lmao, what does Scourge rez have to do with this? 

12 hours ago, WhiteSmoke.5926 said:

Well, can't believe we breathe the same air. If this is what playing MMO feels like, I'm glad I picked GW2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

Point to me where the game is being trivialized. You're making it sounds as if Heal Scourge is now everywhere in every single group and every encounter, when it's clearly not. Guess what, Heal Scourge doesn't have the god-like power to save a bad run like you're imagining, the support class that's dominating instanced content right now is Chronomancer, and we have bigger problems with free Stabs and Aegis being everywhere making mechanics moot. Drop your boogeyman, you're talking about an imaginary problem.

These are the fights where they can hard carry (think 20+ resurrects) assuming they know what they are doing: W1 VG, W2 Sloth, Mathias, W4 Cairn NM and CM, Sam CM, W5 SH CM, W7 Sabir CM, AH CM, XJJ CM, CO CM, OLC NM, Bone Skinner, KO NM, HT NM

There are many other fights as well but carried to a lesser degree because of squad wiping mechanics. They do have god-like power to save bad runs especially training runs. I play all type of healers for many years in these encounters and Heal Scourge is the god of bad runs. 

I would like to emphasize once again the ability to pull 5 downed allies to safety and quickly resurrect them on a 10.20 sec cooldown is broken.

I have seen a heal scourge main doing OLC normal for the first time ever and getting around 15+ resurrects to single handedly carry the run and get our training group the clear within 2 pulls. We only wiped the first time because we didn't know the order to cc the bosses in.

Edited by A Hamster.2580
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, A Hamster.2580 said:

These are the fights where they can hard carry (think 20+ resurrects) assuming they know what they are doing: W1 VG, W2 Sloth, Mathias, W4 Cairn NM and CM, Sam CM, W5 SH CM, W7 Sabir CM, AH CM, XJJ CM, CO CM, OLC NM, Bone Skinner, KO NM, HT NM

There are many other fights as well but carried to a lesser degree because of squad wiping mechanics. They do have god-like power to save bad runs especially training runs. I play all type of healers for many years in these encounters and Heal Scourge is the god of bad runs. 

I would like to emphasize once again the ability to pull 5 downed allies to safety and quickly resurrect them on a 10.20 sec cooldown is broken.

I have seen a heal scourge main doing OLC normal for the first time ever and getting around 15+ resurrects to single handedly carry the run and get our training group the clear within 2 pulls. We only wiped the first time because we didn't know the order to cc the bosses in.

Then don't bring a scourge. FR this is an option for some people to play in lower tier stuff. Necro is already bad if you have a good group, if you want people not to be 'necro carried' in a group, make a group and don't invite a scourge heal. Simple as.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, A Hamster.2580 said:

I cannot fathom at all, a competitive run succeeding because 9 players are dying believing their green death god will save them and trivialize the content. I'm betting that what's really happening is that Scourge is able to heal 2 downed players and save a relatively south run, and that has annoyed Anet because they want to focus their new raids to the top end players.

I don't have a horse in this race, but if they're on that idea, why not just create a new competitive PvE/casual PvE split? Why should open world players be punished by the top elite raiders that play a completely different game than us, yet we get balance decisions that cater mostly to them?

I'm not even saying to keep the revive. Just give something new to Scourge/Necro so they also have a reason to be picked, instead of removing a defining feature of the class after the class already lost their new spear mechanic, their capability for boon corrupts, and is still the most immobile class in the game. Like, why are Necromancers still playing with 2015 design decisions when all other classes get new toys?

It's almost like the bias against Scourge colored people's perception of other classes, because Guardians and Mesmers have been "trivializing mechanics" ever since this game launched. Hell, if anything, top end PvE in GW2 was always trivializing large swats of mechanics, anyone remember CoF P3 speedruns?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Shadowpeixera.2918 said:

I cannot fathom at all, a competitive run succeeding because 9 players are dying believing their green death god will save them and trivialize the content. I'm betting that what's really happening is that Scourge is able to heal 2 downed players and save a relatively south run, and that has annoyed Anet because they want to focus their new raids to the top end players.

I don't have a horse in this race, but if they're on that idea, why not just create a new competitive PvE/casual PvE split? Why should open world players be punished by the top elite raiders that play a completely different game than us, yet we get balance decisions that cater mostly to them?

I'm not even saying to keep the revive. Just give something new to Scourge/Necro so they also have a reason to be picked, instead of removing a defining feature of the class after the class already lost their new spear mechanic, their capability for boon corrupts, and is still the most immobile class in the game. Like, why are Necromancers still playing with 2015 design decisions when all other classes get new toys?

It's almost like the bias against Scourge colored people's perception of other classes, because Guardians and Mesmers have been "trivializing mechanics" ever since this game launched. Hell, if anything, top end PvE in GW2 was always trivializing large swats of mechanics, anyone remember CoF P3 speedruns?

Thank you! Lets all remember how much of this game is broken, and how many of other peoples mains break mechanics before we start down the road of stripping everything fun from every class. More so at least.

If I wanted to play a game where everything was homogenised and class identity was practically nonexistent, I'd have gone back to playing FF14. The argumentation that tranfusion was "too OP" especially in instanced content relies on exaggeration and ignorance of one-shot scenarios that not even transfusion can save you from, but enough about that; if Anet feels that tranfusions is potentially too strong, then there are other ways they could have limited its effect without removing it altogether or even directly nerfing it. They could have put a ICD on the pull effect so that you can only pull allies to safety once per ally per interval (say 60 seconds) or design content that punishes players more severely for going down. I mean, have we forgotten already that the down penalty exists? Going down four times within a minute is a death sentence regardless of transfusion. For what this game considers challenge content, we could easily have a stricter down penalty for CMs that includes damage debuff and longer penalty duration to encourage encounter mastery and discourage reliance on transfusion and other such abilities. Instead, Anet just seems to want to make everything the same and copy FF14 in all the bad ways. Finally, I will close by saying: give scourge better access to stability. At least finish homogenising scourge properly if that's the end goal. 

Edited by Mascarun.7910
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1