Homestead feature wishlist

It needs more actual functionality over time. 

- I want to be able to store "books" that I've acquired from playing over the years in the bookshelves. It's cool lore to keep in the bank, but needn't really take up bank space when it could be converted into the homestead. Would also potentially give people another thing to collect without adding much work to the game I think?

- Need to be able to display armor sets or weapon skins around the place as decorations. I thought this was going to be the case, but the armor stands are just Caudecus manor armor. Fashion wars must prevail. There are some skins I'll never use on a character, but the quest or effort to get them was a good memory to hang on a wall. 

kinda important! if we aren't leveling up our handiworking discipline like we did wth scribing then why are there categories such as journeyman, apprentice, initiate?

The categories should be: Furniture, Plants, Festival, Statues like the wiki. Then it should be alphabetical not RANDOM!!!

We have filters for handiworking level of *novice - grandmaster* so the categories shouldn't be that.

It would also be wonderful if we could favorite decorations so they are easier to find.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, kyaroto.5927 said:

It would be nice if we could preview the decorations that we want to crafft. If I don't know how it looks like after crafting, I can only decide by it's name and small icon?🤔

While i agree, unfortunately they suggest there is the wiki for that.

I hope anet is looking over all these suggestions and will be making updates to homesteading, seeing how this seems to be a large part of the xpac, I would hope they take these suggestions seriously and act as if launch was a beta test and make some improvements. Still too early to tell, but last time it took a year for guild halls to be updated and I think it was a one off. Don't do that here please. 🙂

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Loving the Homestead and very happy with the way it launched (despite being slightly disappointed that weapon/armour decorations got delayed).  These are improvements to a good system in my opinion - mainly echoing others, but for me:

1. An undo button - At minimum, revert the last action.  Ideally, give us the ability to rewind several steps, or create a temporary save state we can revert to.  Do I want to keep the big circular wall?  I don't know, but I'm not deleting it to find out just to have to rebuild it manually, or reset the whole instance.  I think for permanently saving states, so people could have multiple decoration setups to swap between, selling them in the gem store like Build Templates seems reasonable.

2. Select multiple objects in edit mode - I feel like this must exist and I'm missing it, but if it doesn't, please add at least move/rotate.  Once construction objects become more common it will be a pain to move entire structures piece by piece.

3. Alt placing - To add to the multiple requests already, it's a particular pain when they clip into decorations.

4. An option to remember settings - I'm sure occasionally people want the "versatile" table to be versatile, but if I build a War Room, I would like it to stay set to the War Planning setting 🙂  Same with several other items e.g. the PvP obstacles.  Some people may not like this, so ideally as an option at the vendor.

5. Unlocked Minis and Chairs as decorations - even if very limited number allowed.

6. Big increase to decoration cap - Self explanatory.

7. Alternative to the doorway to enter - especially a problem for parking at end of JPs.  I like having my alts in the homestead, and the ones at the end of JPs are the ideal choice for this as they aren't regularly used/moved.

8. The option to select mounts/skiff skins  - Again, some people may not like this, so ideally as an option at the vendor.

9. Ability to move nodes/unlocks/NPCs - like others the I find the cats and Wintersday Tree placement particularly annoying, even though I like that they are in the homestead.

10. If large buildings can't be decorations, then multiple base configurations - Every homestead being close to identical is a bit odd.  Even two to three alternative layouts/buildings would make a difference.

• Like 5

I hope we will get some green grass texture soon, because currently - also thanks to the overly bright sunlight skybox - the Homestead area looks like a victim of climate change with mostly dry yellow and red tones on the ground. I dislike it and feel like my characters are sweating heavily underneath their armor. 😒

8 hours ago, kyaroto.5927 said:

It would be nice if we could preview the decorations that we want to crafft. If I don't know how it looks like after crafting, I can only decide by it's name and small icon?🤔

You can check out screenshots on the Wiki. 🙂 

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

1. An undo button - At minimum, revert the last action.  Ideally, give us the ability to rewind several steps, or create a temporary save state we can revert to.  Do I want to keep the big circular wall?  I don't know, but I'm not deleting it to find out just to have to rebuild it manually, or reset the whole instance.  I think for permanently saving states, so people could have multiple decoration setups to swap between, selling them in the gem store like Build Templates seems reasonable.

Yes please! I have looked for that button a 100 times already, realising it's not an option lol.
Specially since objects you place near a usuable object (like the doors), it's very hard to select them to adjust 

Edited by littledolores.9528

On 9/5/2024 at 6:21 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

The Wintersday Tree is broken and has been for over a week:

xmastree_broken.jpg.b05a71008786df2391c64cadcf3a3e25.jpg

and can we please move it. A good spot would be over with the other unique gathering nodes where the Homestead crafting station is.

i add the following:

- give a posibility to preview a decoration in crafting terminal. a preview like it is with armor and weapons skin already. i want to check what i build first.

- every big city should have a homestead terminal one can use to visit homestead which have been set open to visit by their owners. soon some of us have spend several k gold into their homestead but noone can just see them.... some have already build great things.

- let us self choose where the cats shall be located. i do not want to get rid of them / turn them on or off like it is atm with the resonator but I want to place them elsewhere on the map so i can build them a own cat shelter.

- need bank and trade post access in the homestead map. crafting decorations but not be able to get materials in there is yikes.

- need more weather effects. i want it to snow from above, have a winter theme. let it rain, have a rainy theme. i want to make a dark rainy forrest etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

yes please! this is #1 most important really needed!

17 hours ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

10. If large buildings can't be decorations, then multiple base configurations - Every homestead being close to identical is a bit odd.  Even two to three alternative layouts/buildings would make a difference.

I'd love to see being able to own multiple homesteads. This could be an expanded ecosystem around housing. while prolly unliley now, it's still something to think about for a next year update to the system.

2 hours ago, roederich.2716 said:

- every big city should have a homestead terminal one can use to visit homestead which have been set open to visit by their owners. soon some of us have spend several k gold into their homestead but noone can just see them.... some have already build great things.

been saying this forever, but i don't think anet's current code mode can handle it even though convergencies are a thing.

For a community aspect there should have been a way to view peoples creation while not being in a party.

I mean yeas i sometimes listed my guild hall on lfg for people to stop by , but that rarely got anyone who cared about decorating. You can still do with guild halls now, but only 4 other people at one time??? that really cuts back on the community aspect. Having a system to allow anyone(portals at cities wonderful idea) or friends list or guild mates to view your home at random whenever they want(if you've set it to public view) really opens up inspiration especially if they are decoration focused. It's like fashion wars but for your house.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 1

With the next content release Anet should add more world boss decorations, there's like 6 of them right now. I find myself playing content I haven't played in actual years because I want the decorations, and I think that adding a more would be a great boost to old content.

Edited by Mit Nllea.8490

I would like to repeat what I posted elsewhere about what appears to be several severe bugs with the decoration system. 

When you place an item and then after confirming its placement, go into the F2 skills, select it and then try to make changes to it, every time you press the 'confirm changes' button it undoes the changes before confirming, so it doesn't add the changes you made at all. So the only way to make changes to a decoration is to remove it and then re-place it with the right adjustments. 
F2 2-5 as well as the 'confirm changes' button would not exist if there was not an intent to allow people to make changes to a decoration AFTER it was placed. Something is obviously wrong here. 

• Thanks 1